Celtic Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Folk genuinely seemed suprised we're losing. They are a much better team than us and are beating us 2-0, it happens. As long as we don't lose the place and don't collapse hopefully they make a few changes and take their foot of the peddle and save themselves for Althetico Madrid and Rangers next week.

My thoughts exactly

Sad to hear about Hutchison - I hope this is not going to be another season of one injury after another :wallbash:

As for the result and performance, well as has been mentioned we are playing against a team who has a squad at least 5 x stronger than ours and away from home. They had their one fluke defeat against St J a fortnight ago - not likely to happen again any time soon!

Let's hope we keep it respectable and move on. I am away out shopping in the Windy City of Chicago, hopefully that will help improve my mood!!

Folk genuinely seemed suprised we're losing. They are a much better team than us and are beating us 2-0, it happens. As long as we don't lose the place and don't collapse hopefully they make a few changes and take their foot of the peddle and save themselves for Althetico Madrid and Rangers next week.

Not surprised at losing tbh but stunned how easy were making it for them ffs they lost at home to the saints, bit of belief.

I don't think anyone really expected us to be winning the game, but a few of us would like to have seen us at least go into the game looking to compete. We've done nothing of the sort today, and look as though we could play until midnight and not even get close to scoring.

Hopefully the 2nd half sees a change in our approach, even if it's just for the poor sods who paid good money to watch the game.

I don't think anyone really expected us to be winning the game, but a few of us would like to have seen us at least go into the game looking to compete. We've done nothing of the sort today, and look as though we could play until midnight and not even get close to scoring.

Hopefully the 2nd half sees a change in our approach, even if it's just for the poor sods who paid good money to watch the game.

Agree totally.

I don't believe anyone thinks we can compete with the O.F. resources, but, come on, 4-5-1 formation and we're allowing them to stroll through us with hardly at tackle and little or no pressing.

Tactics a mile oot again.

Sounds like the Scotland set up at work again.

Wait a minute. Any links there.

Tactically poor today.

Can't believe we haven't learnt anything from past matches.

No out ball at all and everyone sitting soooo deep - Higdon must be fed up with these tactics.

Looks like Kenny Black has brought Levein's tactical blue print for important matches. Don't over analyze it, just get into them.

Simples.

Let them walk right through us in the first half and a lack of final product around their box. We were always going to be trailing. Dominated start of second half but a peach of a goal from Ki knocked the stuffing out us. They could've had plenty more after that but left it at 4.

Ill no be back at Celtic Park again either. Fuckin horrible place, inhabited by scum.

Just back from Parkhead. What an absolute shocking, gutless and heartless performance. I didn't go there expecting us to win as if Celtic play well then they will 9 times out of ten beat us. However I don't expect to go there and watch a team with no game plan, no belief and no fight. 4 -0 was unfair to Celtic it could easily of been more.

We lacked belief and ambition and IMO that lies at the door of our manager. What was his game plan today? If Higdon can't play up top himself against St Mirren or Hearts to any effect he isn't going to do it against Celtic. He had no support today what so ever. The game passed by Hately when he was in midfield and Jennings and Lasley couldn't get near Celtic. Don't think we made a tackle all game.

This result won't affect our season, however I'm annoyed at paying £26 to watch such a gutless performance against the old firm and not for the first time under McCall.. He can take the praise and rightly so when we play well and get good results but he also needs to take the criticism when he sends a team out with no game plan and no belief. There certainly wasn't any together and team spirit on show today. A celtic player may be individually better then a Motherwell player but that doesn't mean they have a better heart or more will to win.

Special mention to Strathclydes finest today - what a bunch of shite bag, jobsworth,double standard c*nts!!!

This result won't affect our season, however I'm annoyed at paying £26 to watch such a gutless performance against the old firm

It's this part which bothers me the most. We never expect to take anything away from the Old Firm, but when punters are paying up that kind of money, not including travel and suchlike, the least they can expect is their team to go out there and give it a go.

Disappointing <_>