Postponement On Saturday???

mfcmainstand

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity the snow from earlier on this week didn't hang about.

Back in the good old days it was the best pitch protection going, keeping the frost out of the ground, then everyone went down to FP early on matchday and took it all off, maybe getting a free pie into the bargain!!

Players then stuck on the adidas trainers and away they went.

The game's gone soft these days.

Good to see the covers on. Worst of the snow is possibly still to come, be interesting to see if it makes it this far south or fizzles out like the front did earlier.

Our covers I'm sure only protect to -10, so they'll be pushing it if it gets that cold again and given the fact they were on for the Hearts game, it's a worry.

Still, no pressure on us to get the game on, it's not SPL rules so we don't need to have USH turned on, and the SFA are happy to let games be played at any time.

If its as low as minus 10 then I don't think any USH would protect it enough. Just to wind the St Mirren fans on P and B up I almost hope its off. But thats snow good for us either especially when we still awaiting our fate from the Hearts one so best get it on unless it extreme.