Scottish Cup On Saturday

ForthThistle

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I was totally appaulled by the supporters yesterday who booed Fitzpatrick off the park. It is an utter disgrace that these moron's call themselves supports. I'm no English language buff but i'm sure the word 'supporter' does not mean lets pick a scapegoat and get on his back every two minutes whether he's the worst player or not.

There are people on here who say he needs to grow in confidence then they boo him as he is subbed! what's that all about! He may not have played his best game ever yesterday but he is an integral part of the team. Like it or not.

There was a thread started recently about the MOtherwell fans and how we rated ourselves? I think yesterday answered that question. Anyone who read the record today should be embarassed to call themself a motherwell fan. Stephen Hughes was interviewed and stated that the treatment of Fitzpatrick was noted and disgraceful. No wonder players can't wait to leave the club when this is the treatment from their so called fans! So not only do our own fans and other teams fans think we're crap so do our players!! Unhappy days I'm afraid :P

Thought Craigan and Reynolds have a few errors in the match (Think Reynolds played the guy onside at their goal & Craigan trying to beat a man in our own half and gifting the ball away!) and they have been pretty impressive recently.

On the telly Craigan was clearly the deepest defender though Reynolds may have played him on as well but to be fair having seen it again I don't think it was that bad defending, good pass and a couple of good tackles that they got the rub of the green with. If anyone was at fault it was Smith for charging out. Though at the time I thought it was the defence.

Hmm - Well, one part wrong & I await your promise for the 2nd part after the replay!! :wallbash:

To be fair, it originally said I'd eat one of my own shoes while holding a piece of paper that "I Love Paisley Panda" if we didn't progress, until one of the Mods edited it. :wallbash:

maddox1.jpg

I'm actually beginning to think you have one shit life if the lack of shoe-eating has really annoyed you so much! :wallbash:

Does it really annoy you that I changed it to "progress to the next round" the day before the actual game, or do you just want to be able to justify your posts in a match thread all the way from the States?!

Anyway, if we lose the replay the shoe will be eaten with minimal fuss - there's folk who have been here a lot longer than you who would confirm that. :wallbash:

The main decision now is what sauces I should be looking to purchase to add some flavour.

I think the postponement of the Rangers game means Sky's likely involvement in our replay will be significantly reduced.

Is it not the case of Sky are allowed one match and one replayed match?

So, surely they would still show the re-scheduled match of Forfar-Rangers as well as potentially ours, as we were the only match to draw and thus earning a replay?

Unless that is Sky are holding off, on the off-chance that Forfar or East Fife get replays against Rangers or Sheep respectively?

Will Sky have lost money over today's game being postponed?

I fucking hope so - that's what you get for picking Forfar v Rangers as the tie of the round.

There's two ways of looking at it though.

I used to think much the same that it was a disgrace that they chose the likes of Forfar v Rangers or Stranraer v Celtic etc. and while it generally makes shite viewing the money the "wee team" makes off the back of the live coverage probably covers their outlay for a season, so it isn't all bad.

Good post Welldaft. Given Mark McGhee's pre match comment "But we're not concentrating too much on their (St Mirren's) strengths", I was totally dumfounded by both his tactics and line up. They were more suited to taking on Barcelona at the Nou Camp rather than St Mirren at Fir Park. As soon as I heard the line at 2.20 I feared for the worst. 12 minutes into the game it became obvious to many that our game plan wasn't working and wasn't going to work. Changes should have been made then.

We tried to match St Mirren on a very bumpy and sodden surface. The problem is that they put out a team designed to play in such conditions whereas we don't have the players. They've taken 2-3 years to perfect this style of play whereas we had maybe 3 days. The midfield was a shambles with too many not knowing what they were meant to be doing. Despite having 5 in the midfield we still got caught out wide on a number of occasions. Also, the choice of Davie Clarkson as a lone target man???

Keith Lasley and Maros Klimpl, although different are both central defensive players and their styles overlap to some extent. To start with both gives the midfield a defensive look. Stephen Hughes on the left? It was unreal in the first 45 watching us trying to equalise with one lone striker unsuited to the task he was given.

The conditions and opposition called for the long ball and both Sheridan and Sutton should have played at least for most of the game. A packed well organised defence calls for an aerial bombardment if you have the players as we do. All too often we tried to walk our way way through the Saints defence with the inevitable result. It took us until the 53rd minute to muster 2 shots on goal. Despite much 2nd half pressure we rarely looked like scoring.

A blown opportunity because of off-the-field errors - time will tell. Mark McGhee is a good manager but he got it badly wrong yesterday.

Excellent post Kmc. Hits the nail right on the head. We could've been out of the cup yesterday as a result of his needless interference. Did he not do the same for the game at home to Nancy?

Personally, I think apart from their goal after 12 minutes, we ran the game, We had the majority of possession, played all the football but found it impossible to succeed on a surface "presented" more for motocross than a first class football match. On a better pitch we'd have won the game easily. On a newly laid pitch at St Mirren I'm confident we can beat them playing our natural passing game in a 4-4-2 formation.

• 2 weeks later...
(Let's face it - you expected me to pop up here!!) :wallbash:

Are you a man of your word??? :(

:( To be fair, I think you'll find the first thing I posted on here when I got back from the game last night was:

Ach well, preparations for the shoe-eating have begun - started by sounding out a camera capable of capturing the meal! :(

I don't actually know if it's physically possible to just eat a shoe, so there may have to be some recipes involved.

I'm currently thinking about a nice shoe soup to start, with grilled trainer with a pasta sauce and a light dusting of grating heel for a main course, followed by laces encased in jelly and all washed down with a shoe smoothy!

The possibilities are endless! :D