Chris Humphrey

Taff

Agree with that. Thought he looked a genuine threat for most of it, after looking terrified to get involved in the match on Saturday.

On Saturday I'd play him on one wing with Daley on the other, give Jennings a rest and move Nicky Law into a more central position to help feed off Higdon and give Murphy a hand. A lot of Humphrey's good work is undone by the fact there's nobody there to get on the end of it, with Law arriving from the middle and Daley covering the other flank it should see a huge improvement.

Good point Scott, i like your thinking Humphrey looked every bit a danger last night, and he showed some real pace down the right, Daley and Humphrey together would be if nothing else box office to watch. Maybe even play Daley along side Higdon, or just behind, food for thought.

Humphrey did have a good game last night

but at times he still performs like a schoolboy with no game knowledge

its wonderful to see him stretch his legs leaving everyone in his wake but if he then just crosses the ball to an opposition player and they counter attack its no better than a craggs hump up the park

you can argue all you want about someone should be there, but he's got eyes and quite often there is no claret and amber anywhere near the box when he sends it across the face of goal

I've said it a dozen or so times on here , he could be a phenomenal player but he'll need a fulltime coach and a shrink to get him there

for now I'm happy he's a Motherwell player , but I still don't think he's got 90 minutes in him.

Good point Scott, i like your thinking Humphrey looked every bit a danger last night, and he showed some real pace down the right, Daley and Humphrey together would be if nothing else box office to watch.

The problem with this thinking is that Humphrey more often than not, doesn't show up.

If he played every game like he did lastnight then he would be on my team sheet first, but he doesn't!

The boy needs to develop consistency or else whats the point in playing someone who is a diddy 4 games out of 5??

Maybe take the cock out your ears, then you might be able to hear.

Ps. I forgot it`s only your opinion that counts on here, tosser!

Correct! And don't you fuckin forget it! :cheers:

What I was initially gonna say, Mr Stevie Wonder was that you couldn't possibly have been at the game last night - because after a nightmare on Saturday Humph pulled his socks up and gave it some last night. But then again half the pish we've read on here post the game - you probably were at the game,

If after that improvement, when it was demanded by fans and manager alike, you think that it's a good thing to banish someone to the bench then fair enough.

I agree that McCall needs to be freshening things up far more than he does and there were folk who played last night who would benefit from a seat on the bench.

Humphrey on last nights showing is by no means one of them!

It's your wee cock that was in my ear - that's how I never noticed it was there!

you can argue all you want about someone should be there, but he's got eyes and quite often there is no claret and amber anywhere near the box when he sends it across the face of goal

See, I always thought the same, and up till last week I would have wholeheartedly agreed with you. Then I watched a training exercise at fir Park last week when my boy's coach was working with the wide midfielders and strikers on hitting the by-line and firing over crosses.

When my son put his first cross over and the goalie caught it unchallenged, I was berating him under my breath for not looking up and picking out one of the two strikers. But then the coach stopped them and explained how it was the strikers' responsibilities to make the runs to the front and back posts, and the winger's/midfielder's respoponsibility to whip the cross over to there. As soon as the guy goes down the line, the strikers should be busting a gut to get to where they should be and if the ball comes over to no one, the crossing player is entitled to scream at the striker for not being there.

As this came from one of the club's greatest striking legends, I was reminded once again how little I know about how the game actually works!

and I'd agree in part as well

But Chris is sooooo FAST that even the next quickest player in our team has no chance of being there much of the time

so just want him to glance over before deciding on what is essentially a pass to the opposition if our players aren't even in the box

sometimes all he would have to do is aim for 6-9 yards out as we have players making up the ground just not in line with him

Correct! And don't you fuckin forget it! :cheers:

What I was initially gonna say, Mr Stevie Wonder was that you couldn't possibly have been at the game last night - because after a nightmare on Saturday Humph pulled his socks up and gave it some last night. But then again half the pish we've read on here post the game - you probably were at the game,

If after that improvement, when it was demanded by fans and manager alike, you think that it's a good thing to banish someone to the bench then fair enough.

I agree that McCall needs to be freshening things up far more than he does and there were folk who played last night who would benefit from a seat on the bench.

Humphrey on last nights showing is by no means one of them!

It's your wee cock that was in my ear - that's how I never noticed it was there!

I was at the game last night and it was his best performance of the season, but still pish! We have signed Omar Daley who by all accounts is faster than CH and has more experience than him. Humphrey was diabolical on Saturday, but he was always going to start last night. WHY? Because McCall hasn`t the bottle to change the team

He has had 10 games this year so far, scored 1 and not a lot of assists. So this is from someone who has meant to have the ability to change a game.

And it wisnae my wee cock in your ears, that was my balls hitting your ears whilst you were sucking my wee cock.pleasantry.gif

and I'd agree in part as well

But Chris is sooooo FAST that even the next quickest player in our team has no chance of being there much of the time

so just want him to glance over before deciding on what is essentially a pass to the opposition if our players aren't even in the box

sometimes all he would have to do is aim for 6-9 yards out as we have players making up the ground just not in line with him

Fair point.

He is a tad quicker than big Higdon :lol:

I was at the game last night and it was his best performance of the season, but still pish! We have signed Omar Daley who by all accounts is faster than CH and has more experience than him. Humphrey was diabolical on Saturday, but he was always going to start last night. WHY? Because McCall hasn`t the bottle to change the team

He has had 10 games this year so far, scored 1 and not a lot of assists. So this is from someone who has meant to have the ability to change a game.

And it wisnae my wee cock in your ears, that was my balls hitting your ears whilst you were sucking my wee cock.pleasantry.gif

If we are playing the form in the last 10 games overall why is Murphy playing other than his 3 goals or so ? If Humphrey was diabolical Saturday what was Murphy, Higdon, Lasley, and Jennings, Hamell Craggs ? Humphrey played very well last night and deserves a start spot Saturday if not injured. Murphy was poor again and so was Jennings, but i would still put them in this Saturday as they are better than we have from the bench

If we are playing the form in the last 10 games overall why is Murphy playing other than his 3 goals or so ? If Humphrey was diabolical Saturday what was Murphy, Higdon, Lasley, and Jennings, Hamell Craggs ? Humphrey played very well last night and deserves a start spot Saturday if not injured. Murphy was poor again and so was Jennings, but i would still put them in this Saturday as they are better than we have from the bench

I never mentioned any of the above cos this is a thread about Chris Humphrey, but my thoughts on the players mentioned above, just for you Dazzer.

Murphy...Played out of position in about half the games so far this season. When played in his natural position he is our main goal threat.

Higdon... Not the most energetic footballer we have seen, canny jump (couldn`t slip a £5 under his feet, when jumping), i would give Bob or Gary Smith their chance, to see what we get, at least they will run a lot more.

Lasley... Not been at his best in the last 3 games, but started the season well.

Jennings... Thought he looked over weight when he returned from pre-season, not hit the heights of last season, so give Carswell a run and lets see what he can do.

Hamell... Last 3 games not been at his best, but has had one of his best starts to the season.

Craggs... who do we replace him with at the moment. we could play Page alongside Clancy, but Clancy is not a CH. So Craggs has to stay there until Hutchy and Saunders are fit.

As for all of the above being better than what we have on our bench, how do you know that, cos they have never had a proper run in the 1st team, until they do we will never know what they can do.

I never mentioned any of the above cos this is a thread about Chris Humphrey, but my thoughts on the players mentioned above, just for you Dazzer.

Murphy...Played out of position in about half the games so far this season. When played in his natural position he is our main goal threat.

Higdon... Not the most energetic footballer we have seen, canny jump (couldn`t slip a £5 under his feet, when jumping), i would give Bob or Gary Smith their chance, to see what we get, at least they will run a lot more.

Lasley... Not been at his best in the last 3 games, but started the season well.

Jennings... Thought he looked over weight when he returned from pre-season, not hit the heights of last season, so give Carswell a run and lets see what he can do.

Hamell... Last 3 games not been at his best, but has had one of his best starts to the season.

Craggs... who do we replace him with at the moment. we could play Page alongside Clancy, but Clancy is not a CH. So Craggs has to stay there until Hutchy and Saunders are fit.

As for all of the above being better than what we have on our bench, how do you know that, cos they have never had a proper run in the 1st team, until they do we will never know what they can do.

Well McCall must see them in training to make those decisions, like you i can only trust the Gaffer in his team selections and if your not starting he cant see them as good enough.

I reckon Humphrey will improve with the arrival of Daley, not only to offer comp for places but overall footballing knowledge he can pick up from him, Omar is 30 years old and an international player who whether we like it or not has played at a much higher standard than most of our players in the squad. That with Humphrey watching him can only help him improve him as a player.

Humphrey is a matchwinner on his day. At the moment he is bereft of confidence however I don't think too many players have covered themselves in glory in the last 3 games. We have started the season well and again punching above our weight. 2 defeats to the Old Scum and St. Johnstone and pens last night. Still not that bad but still not enough to give Humphrey the dogs abuse in the early posts. So get off his back ang support the lad. He's alright in my book.

• Like 1

Murphy has been pish for months

Higdon - yer miles oot here, Bob and gary would run more? maybe but they are, at the moment, half the Footballer Higgy is

Lasley, was great last night tae

McHugh and Smith would "run more"?

Sometimes the best thing you can do as a striker is stand still and you'll create space for yourself rather than simply running into a crowded box.

As for Humphrey, excellent point(s) about him being correct to hit the cross and put the onus on people making the correct runs, although perhaps taking a look at times. That said, whenever he does slow down to take a look he has half the support screaming at him for not taking his man on and hitting the byline, as by that point the full back has had a chance to get back at him.

• 3 months later...