Motherwell v Aberdeen Discussion Thread

postiejim

id go for this

---------------------------randy-------------------------

hately------------page

hump------------lasley----------law--------------murphy daley

--------------higdon--------------mchugh--------------

as much as i love jenno he deserves to be dropped and clancy just ain't a centre back so page deserves his chance as does mchugh as we looked a lot more balanced when he came on last night.

i thought humphrey was good last night so i'd stick with him as well as murphy for now

Couple of minor changes to that and i'd be delighted but we all know McCall well send out pretty much his perception of his best 11 which doesn't match the above. We will really struggle if he doesnt start rotating players to some degree depending on injury's, form or need of game time.

Couple of minor changes to that and i'd be delighted but we all know McCall well send out pretty much his perception of his best 11 which doesn't match the above. We will really struggle if he doesnt start rotating players to some degree depending on injury's, form or need of game time.

Good Shout Jimmo! Daley for Murphy...

Good Shout Jimmo! Daley for Murphy...

you're boyfriend was murder apart from his goal at dunfermline during the first 9 games but you want him kept in the team and if anyone suggested otherwise you pissed your pants. yet you want a guy who has cumalatively done much better to be dropped.

it's time to own up? how long have you been a motherwell fan? when was your first game? if either answer is pre june 2009 i'll be shocked.

Agree on all the shouts for Mchugh and Forbes to get a start, gives us better balance going forward and lets Las sweep up any problems we may come across.

Actually really looking forward to this 1, got a bit excited earlier and went for a 5-1 home win on the score predictor :lol:

(And the fact av got Aberdeen to get relegated @ 16/1!)

If we get the win, go 4pts clear of Hearts, who go to Perth on Sun, it will be the ultimate up n down week of following the `Well, and sets us up nicely for heading to Tannadice before the International break! (In which we will hopefully have big Hutch back for the Hibs revenge match!) :ph34r:

`Mon the `Well!!

Brown on Saturday will be preparing his team to face the pace of Humphrey down the right and he will be prepared to double up on him at every opportunity, this will play into our hands as Daley will be bombing down the left with as much if not more pace that Humphrey,.

Where does this idea come from? I'de been told by a few people before the Hibs game that Omar was supposed to be a flying machine. When he came on he looked reasonably composed but there was noway in hell he was anywhere near as fast as Humphrey!

Randolph

Hately Craigan Page Hammell

Humphrey Law Lasley Daley

Higdon McHugh

would be my preference, though I could live with Law playing at left midfield and Forbes in at centre midfield.

Yip, Forbes in for Daley with Law drifting wide and that would be my ideal line-up at present.

Anticipating a decent performance from Aberdeen.

Randolph

Hately Craigan Page Hammell

Humphrey Law Lasley Daley

Higdon McHugh

would be my preference, though I could live with Law playing at left midfield and Forbes in at centre midfield.

This team apart from Murphy in for McHugh however can understand McHugh getting a start after his decent performance against Hibs. Make sure Lasley remains in front of the defence to protect it from when Aberdeen attack.

Yip, Forbes in for Daley with Law drifting wide and that would be my ideal line-up at present.

Anticipating a decent performance from Aberdeen.

Well it is on the cards reading the press this morning. Everyone from Chairman Milne to R Foster saying how Saturday's match takes on EVEN more importance. It is a MUST win to restore faith in their supporters after the East Fife defeat.

Hell we may as well even give them the 3 points now. Mind you any more defending like Craigans at Hibs second goal and we effectively will be :evilgrin:

I hope McCall has the players well fired up for this as Aberdeen will come out the traps. Hoping for the same effort and application from Tuesday night, but with hopefully less of the defensive lapses.

3 home defeats in a row does not bear thinking about :doh:

Big game. Hope a few more Well fans get along to the citadel. Only 3 points but such a crucial match this early in the season.

MON THE WELL - GET FIRED IN

All this paper talk pish about Aberdeen needing a win to make up to their fans is just stating the bleeding obvious.

We need the win aswell and I'd like to see our players (regardless of who the starting 11 is) taking to the field with a point to prove themselves.

Our need to avoid a potentially great week turning into an utterly stinking one is just as great and anything less from the players just will not do.

Lose this game tomorrow and McCall and the players are going to have to work extremely fucking hard to get back into my good books.

Lose this game tomorrow and McCall and the players are going to have to work extremely fucking hard to get back into my good books.

I bet they pin this to the dressing room wall to get them in the mood for the game.....

Also why is Clancy getting all this abuse. Is it not Craigan and Hammell that are making all the the fuck ups recently?

I predicted that we would go out on Tuesday and we did, but for Saturday, I'm feeling a lot of optimism. Reckon we'll switch it up a little with Humphrey given a break and Murphy sitting out as well. Hopefully, our defence sorts itself out and I think Randy need to bring himself down a peg or two. The Guys too confident and nearly gave away three needless goals on Tuesday but he made up for those mistakes with some superb saves.

Our Line up

-Randolph-

Hateley-Craigan-Clancy-Hammell

Daley-Lasley-Jennings-Law

Higdon-McHugh

Going for a 2-1 'Well win. McHigh and Higdon on the Scoresheet.

:thumbup:

Also why is Clancy getting all this abuse. Is it not Craigan and Hammell that are making all the the fuck ups recently?

Yes. There is no way mccall will drop either of them though. I'd even be surprised if he drops clancy for saturday. In fact im sure the line up will be exactly the same as sat/tue despite the fact Murphy is clearly knackered, jenno is clearly uninterested and our defence is clearly a joke.

We have lost 14 in the last 5 games. Its all fine saying that most of these goals have been down to individual errors (as opposed to teams ripping us apart) but in the end of the day our players are making these errors and as long as they do we will continue to lose goals at the rate we have been and it needs to be addressed.

Randolph

Hateley --------- Page Hammell

Humph Lasley Carswell/Forbes Law

Higdon Mchugh

Dont know whether to fill the gap with craggs or clancy. A pairing of page and clancy doesnt fill me with confidence but neither does craigan just now!