If Carlsberg Did Football Fans...

David

The boos were because Jamie was being subbed as they did stop as he was 3/4 of the way to the sideline, then clapped off.

So far I have yet to see Higdon do much at all.

Every week the defenders often smaller than him just bully him until he starts fouling them, then he seems to give up, Anyone else noticed the amount a moaning he does to the rest of the team.

The thing which really does my heid in , is the fact Murphy is moved about because of Higdon is the main striker and he is taking up a place in the starting eleven. I think the front pairing of Murphy & McHugh would be a good strike force.

Pure and utter fucking bollocks

• Like 1

I think the East Stand have been absolutely brutal the last two Saturdays. Last week they really turned on the team the moment it went 1-0. Lets not forget until then we had been no worse than average though we deteriorated rapidly. Today there were exasparated noises as we passed the ball backwards - would you rather we passed through three Aberdeen players? No, thought not. We tried hard to work openings today and Aberdeen defended effectively to stop us. There is a difference between walking the ball into the net than trying incisive balls that have little to no chance of working.

Also booing the subby. It wasn't the change I'd have made but booing because someone is staying on - how the feck do you think that is going to build up his confidence? And McCall was bang on in his post match. How good would McHugh and Murphy have been defending set plays. If it had been me I'd have made the same change we made on Tuesday night and taken Jennings off. Higdon would have been nearly last on the coming off list purely because he is big. We beat Hearts because he won header after header at corners - we need to remember players do more than their core job.

I know its tough to get behind the team when they are struggling and not giving you a lot to work off. But the players gave 110% today, granted at times they struggled, but the least ALL of them deserved was support from those in the stand.

Just got home from the Aberdeen game, and have to say that I'm seriously getting sick & tired with the moaning-faced c*nts that sit in the east stand.

Then stop going. Maybe it will stop your pathetic moaning.

I've heard the much-used "greatest fans in the world" slogan that Celtic fans like to throw around when talking about themselves, but I'm really starting to wonder if we should be branding certain sections of our support as the exact opposite.

I know, imagine paying £18 for a crap product. They are the worst fans in the world.

In fact, the use of the word support perhaps shouldn't apply to these people. If we look up the term in the dictionary

Interesting. I looked up moaning bastard in the dictionary. It said "David"

Now, entry number five is what should apply at Motherwell games, but going by recent reactions to the likes of Tim Clancy, Chris Humphrey, Stephen Craigan & Michael Higdon I think the last thing these people can call themselves is supporters.

Maybe its because they aren't performing and the people who pay their wages would like to remind them to up their game.

It's no secret that the last few games haven't been our best. The above-mentioned players haven't exactly been firing on all cylinders (especially Higdon & Craigan). This is where the paying punter in the crowd comes into his own, right? When the players aren't on top of their game we step in and offer support (there's that word again) and encouragement to get them back on track?

Maybe its up to the well-paid professionals to up their game themselves and stop being lazy bastards.

Do we f*ck. If a player has the sheer audacity to play a couple of stinkers we get right on their cases.

Quite right. They are being paid huge sums of money. And we, the supporter, are footing the bill for their ridiculous wages and if they don't perform then they need to be told.

Take today, for example. The ball gets played to Higdon after 4 minutes and he chests it down, turns and misplaces a pass. Uproar from the "fans" in the middle of the east stand.

The tone was set for the rest of the match right there & then.

As a professional footballer he should be able to pass a ball to another player. Passing a ball to a team mate is actually a fundamental requirement to be a footballer. Why cheer someone for not being able to do that?

It also appears that the team have the sheer cheek to retain possession when we have the ball. If there isn't a pass on going forward they do the unthinkable and play the ball backwards, looking to reset and move forward again.

A fucking disgrace!

It probably is a disgrace when we give the ball to them cheaply in the first place.

Get it lumped forward so we can all moan like fuck when Higdon either doesn't jump for it or mis-controls it after taking it down!

Maybe if he worked on his control in training rather than proving he clearly doesn't each week people would get off his case...?

One incident at around the 75th minute summed things up for me when Hately played the ball down the flank looking for Daley, only for the pass to get intercepted. The middle section of the east rose and fired the kind of abuse that should be reserved for a near-side throw in by Kyle Lafferty or Scott Brown.

He probably shouldn't have played that pass then. Obviously.

Hately turned to the crowd with a look on his face like "what the fuck?!? Aren't you guys supposed to be supporting us?!?!"

Why should they support someone who gives the ball away so cheaply? Surely the crowd are thinking "what the fuck?!? Aren't you supposed to be a professional footballer?!?!"

If it wasn't for the boys up the far end of the stand I think the team would be hard pressed to get any support from the east.

Maybe they should concentrate on the game rather than shouts from the crowd. In fact maybe they do! :O

If this is how we react when we're sitting 3rd in the table, four points clear of Hearts and two behind Celtic I'd hate to see us if we were fighting relegation.

Maybe the supporters would react better if the players didn't make fundamental errors?

Fucking disgraceful.

I know, making a thread moaning about people in the east stand moaning. Disgrace :angry:

The master of wit and repartee strikes again

Why don't you just fuck off

Some people have an over inflated fuckin twisted view of their place in the grand scheme of things

My season ticket tuppence worth says shut the fuck up - there isn't a fuckin problem here - we're third in the league after a quarter of the season.

Away and support some other c**t

*predicts witty gif retort*

Wow! What a lot of nonsense you posted there Albi! I was expecting one of your pictures. At least that would have been worth looking at. So you saying that our players are not allowed to misplace a pass at all? Fuck me, I think even teams like Barcelona wished they could find a player with every single pass, and never make a mistake!

But since they can't we're expected to be able to have players that can.

Just got home from the Aberdeen game, and have to say that I'm seriously getting sick & tired with the moaning-faced c*nts that sit in the east stand.

Then stop going. Maybe it will stop your pathetic moaning.

His opinion, not "pathetic moaning" at all.

I've heard the much-used "greatest fans in the world" slogan that Celtic fans like to throw around when talking about themselves, but I'm really starting to wonder if we should be branding certain sections of our support as the exact opposite.

I know, imagine paying £18 for a crap product. They are the worst fans in the world.

That's got nothing to do with the point he was making.

In fact, the use of the word support perhaps shouldn't apply to these people. If we look up the term in the dictionary

Interesting. I looked up moaning bastard in the dictionary. It said "David"

Again harsh, just stating his opinion.

Now, entry number five is what should apply at Motherwell games, but going by recent reactions to the likes of Tim Clancy, Chris Humphrey, Stephen Craigan & Michael Higdon I think the last thing these people can call themselves is supporters.

Maybe its because they aren't performing and the people who pay their wages would like to remind them to up their game.

Shouting and screaming is counter productive. Encouragement would, 9 times out of 10, do more good than a chorus of "you're fucking shite Higdon!"

It's no secret that the last few games haven't been our best. The above-mentioned players haven't exactly been firing on all cylinders (especially Higdon & Craigan). This is where the paying punter in the crowd comes into his own, right? When the players aren't on top of their game we step in and offer support (there's that word again) and encouragement to get them back on track?

Maybe its up to the well-paid professionals to up their game themselves and stop being lazy bastards.

Third in the league and cruising, maybe these pros aren't as lazy as you make out?

Do we f*ck. If a player has the sheer audacity to play a couple of stinkers we get right on their cases.

Quite right. They are being paid huge sums of money. And we, the supporter, are footing the bill for their ridiculous wages and if they don't perform then they need to be told.

If you disagree with the high wages they're paid maybe take take heed of your own advice and stop going?

Take today, for example. The ball gets played to Higdon after 4 minutes and he chests it down, turns and misplaces a pass. Uproar from the "fans" in the middle of the east stand.

The tone was set for the rest of the match right there & then.

As a professional footballer he should be able to pass a ball to another player. Passing a ball to a team mate is actually a fundamental requirement to be a footballer. Why cheer someone for not being able to do that?

He can pass a ball to other players, and he can do this fundamental requirement, but on the odd occasion he doesn't he doesn't deserve to be shouted and screamed at and called a "fucking prick". If you make mistakes at your job the people who pay your wages can't do it, so he doesn't deserve it.

It also appears that the team have the sheer cheek to retain possession when we have the ball. If there isn't a pass on going forward they do the unthinkable and play the ball backwards, looking to reset and move forward again.

A fucking disgrace!

It probably is a disgrace when we give the ball to them cheaply in the first place.

Then again, probably not a disgrace.

Get it lumped forward so we can all moan like fuck when Higdon either doesn't jump for it or mis-controls it after taking it down!

Maybe if he worked on his control in training rather than proving he clearly doesn't each week people would get off his case...?

What evidence do you have that he doesn't? I think it's fairly safe to say that ball control will be part of any professional footballer's training and he probably does work on it in training.

One incident at around the 75th minute summed things up for me when Hately played the ball down the flank looking for Daley, only for the pass to get intercepted. The middle section of the east rose and fired the kind of abuse that should be reserved for a near-side throw in by Kyle Lafferty or Scott Brown.

He probably shouldn't have played that pass then. Obviously.

You're missing the point. He makes a bad pass and gets crucified like the most hated Old Firm players.

Hately turned to the crowd with a look on his face like "what the fuck?!? Aren't you guys supposed to be supporting us?!?!"

Why should they support someone who gives the ball away so cheaply? Surely the crowd are thinking "what the fuck?!? Aren't you supposed to be a professional footballer?!?!"

Part of being a fan, to encourage, not call someone a prick for making a mistake.

If it wasn't for the boys up the far end of the stand I think the team would be hard pressed to get any support from the east.

Maybe they should concentrate on the game rather than shouts from the crowd. In fact maybe they do! :O

Don't really disagree with that.

If this is how we react when we're sitting 3rd in the table, four points clear of Hearts and two behind Celtic I'd hate to see us if we were fighting relegation.

Maybe the supporters would react better if the players didn't make fundamental errors?

If the players didn't make fundamental errors we'd be pumping Barca every year in the Champions League final.

Fucking disgraceful.

I know, making a thread moaning about people in the east stand moaning. Disgrace :angry:

Har har.

All in all a shite attempt at trolling what was a well thought out original post. Must do better.

In the area of the east stand where I was sitting today, close to the Cooper, there was plenty of support for Higdon at the start of the game. But when you play as badly as he did today, there comes a point when supporters have a right to be frustrated. I don't think he deserves the absolute pelters he's been getting from some of the boo boys who have clearly made their minds up about him already, but I don't think he deserved any applause for today's dire performance either. Murphy and Jennings haven't been at their best recently, but at least they can control a ball and hold onto it for more than 2 seconds.

Totally agree about the eejits booing every time we pass the ball backwards though. Apparently possession is a bad thing now...

His opinion, not "pathetic moaning" at all.

Those supporters opinions were voiced today

That's got nothing to do with the point he was making.

Yes it does, if those supporters had stayed at home and moaned then that would be poor form. They paid their hard earned to watch that today, that in itself makes them as good as a supporter as anyone else in the ground. I'm not starting a "who's a good supporter" debate though.

Again harsh, just stating his opinion.

As were the supporters the OP is slating.

Shouting and screaming is counter productive. Encouragement would, 9 times out of 10, do more good than a chorus of "you're fucking shite Higdon!"

There's only so many times you can encourage someone. Doing it every other week when the player does the same bloody thing is grating.

Third in the league and cruising, maybe these pros aren't as lazy as you make out?

The thread complaining about effort against the old firm and being knocked out of the League Cup by a team bottom of the league says they should try harder.

If you disagree with the high wages they're paid maybe take take heed of your own advice and stop going?

It's tempting. Very, very tempting.

He can pass a ball to other players, and he can do this fundamental requirement, but on the odd occasion he doesn't he doesn't deserve to be shouted and screamed at and called a "fucking prick". If you make mistakes at your job the people who pay your wages can't do it, so he doesn't deserve it.

Your employer doesn't call you a "fucking prick", they sack you.

Then again, probably not a disgrace.

:huh:

What evidence do you have that he doesn't? I think it's fairly safe to say that ball control will be part of any professional footballer's training and he probably does work on it in training.

The fact he does it week in, week out is pretty damning evidence.

You're missing the point. He makes a bad pass and gets crucified like the most hated Old Firm players.

Stop playing bad passes then. Simples.

Part of being a fan, to encourage, not call someone a prick for making a mistake.

The other part of being a fan is giving someone making simple errors the criticism they deserve. Especially after being humped 3-0 the week before and being knocked out the League Cup by a team bottom of the league...

If the players didn't make fundamental errors we'd be pumping Barca every year in the Champions League final.

Not really. It would mean we aren't under pressure from teams with a strikeforce as limp as Prof Steven Hawking's sex drive we really shouldn't be under.

All in all a shite attempt at trolling what was a well thought out original post. Must do better.

It's my opinion on someone's pathetic moaning. If the OP was really annoyed by the comments why didn't he/she confront these people? Rather than moaning on an internet forum.

Also, I can see square brackets on MOTD so no more multiple replies from me.

This season,I think because of our great start a lot of our 'fans' have a high expectation of our abilities.

We've hit a wee slump in performance/results recently,so people are getting worried that after our great start, thats it, games a bogie, we're shite and heading down the first division.

Problem is, most people know feck all about football and think that because we've beaten a couple of teams earlier on in the season, we're invincible and can beat any team that is put in front of us.

So we blame the players for not trying, not being good enough etc.

Sometimes thats true, but the players are on the front line, they earn more than 99% of the fans watching them, who have paid there money to watch their heros play for 90minutes, and the 'boo boys' feel agrieved because they think they are being done out of their money and let the players know this by abusing them from the stands with as much venom as they can muster.

In the real world if you buy a product and when you get to use it, it's broken, it doesn't work properly,whatever. You take it back, you complain to the maker/vendor/salesman, you get your money back or exchange it for something else that works. I know football doesn't work that way, but fans are the consumer, we/you pay to watch the players perform to the best of their abilities and when they don't work, we complain, moan, swear, jesticulate, dance, froth at the mouth, hurl abuse at the players, but most out of frustration because we think they can do better.

I agree in the most part, but some of the abuse today was unfounded, if not totally obscure. I sit near the middle/front of the East ( I'm no angel, I give it too, when applicable) and there were guys calling McCall a wee dick for not making a sub after about 49 minutes. These same fans, when i was walking up the stairs at the end were full of joy singing "Cheer up Craigy Brown" after a win, because of a tactical decision, McCall had made.

In the end, no one can tell anyone else how to support their team.

If you don't like the comments,you can either ignore it, move seats or chastise the person thats giving the abuse.

Whatever way you go, I don't think there any way to stop anyone of expressing their own opinion, at their own expense at something they don't like.

But hey, I'm only another fan giving his opinion. So I've put in my tuppence worth from 27 years of supporting my team. C'mon the Well.

Aye but even though we've gone to great length to eloquently defend our right not to be happy clappy we've never really had anyone give us a concrete answer on what behaviour like yesterday actually achieves.

Still waiting for one of the cheeky non happy clapper scamps to answer that.

Can we wait til someone answers that before we HOTD it?

It's not a difficult question.

Exactly SD.

It's detrimental to the team spirit, individual confidence and to the atmosphere, all of which will impact negatively on the team performance, which I'm paying 20 odd quid to see. I'll be expecting a refund in the post from some on here. PM me for my address, cheque will do.

Didn't give anyone abuse yesterday i just thought the game was shit so buggered off to the fp club with 20m. to go. Missed the goal but to be honest wasn't to upset about it got 3 points and happy for that. The point is in some peoples eyes am not a real supporter 'cause i decided to leave early. If i'm not happy with what i'm seeing then surely it's up to me to decide what i want to do. Some of these so called supporters think it's better to sit for 90m. and give out abuse because they've paid their money and earned the right. (pot kettle black scenario) So as far as yesterday's concerned you know who you are and ye can GIRFUY. Wee rant over.

Didn't give anyone abuse yesterday i just thought the game was shit so buggered off to the fp club with 20m. to go. Missed the goal but to be honest wasn't to upset about it got 3 points and happy for that. The point is in some peoples eyes am not a real supporter 'cause i decided to leave early. If i'm not happy with what i'm seeing then surely it's up to me to decide what i want to do.

Pay yer cash your entitled tae leave when you want mate dosnt make you any less a supporter ,best one ever was all the muppets who left at 6-2 in the 6-6 draw with Hibs ,MYSELF included. :lol:

Why is the East getting all the plaudits? There were a few loud bellends in the main using the generally peace in there as a platform to make the hilarious Higdon abuse clearly audible - what hearing that stuff must do to his game I don't know but he looks to me like a player who has just about given up. He is overweight for a footballer (as is Jennings) - that's his fault. However, he is being played as a target man with no one playing off him - that is not his fault.

If you think we should be playing from the flanks with a five foot stiker up top - that is your fault for being fuking thick.

Having sat in the east in my early years and the pod for the last few i think the east is far worse for getting players backs.

I don't agree with all this pish that getting behind the team helps more than shouting abuse.It never helped us in the cup final or the euro games.Tbh i don't think it makes much difference to the players what the fans are shouting, or it shouldn't as they should be concentrating on the game.