Bob Mchugh

dosser1886

It's a tricky one. I wanted him to get a chance, he has done in the last two games. He's had about 45 mins in the last two games and been impressive. Today's goal was very much like Skippy. His build and playing style is eerily similar as well. However it was his first SPL goal and he has got a long way to go to be in McDonald's calibre.

He showed an agression to try and bully these defenders twice his size today that neither Higdon or Murphy showed. However I worry that fans start to expect too much. For example you just know if McCall starts him at Tannadice next week and he doesn't have the same impact he will be just as quickly written off by some as a one game wonder. Nobody expected much from him today and he put in a great performance. He started against Clyde and Killie and although he showed flashes he didn't have the same impact. However his first SPL goal will boost his confidence and maybe he will start showing his potential as there has always been a player there and start scoring goals for fun. Or maybe not...

I don't know if I would start him against United and I wouldn't be suprised if McCall goes with Higdon and Murphy again. However this goal and performance might see McCalll more willing to use him from the bench and give him more starts this season. He's still young and it's a long season so there will still be plenty of chances for him. He's contracted until 2013 so he still has the best part of two years to establish himself. Hopefully he can bag somewhere between 5-10 goals this season and become a real option for us. He has the potential IMO but if you asked a Motherwell fan this time last week about McHugh before the Hibs and Dons game's I imagine the response would not have been as favourable as it is now. Let's just see how he goes.

I personally always thought he looked a tidy wee player who just needs a run in the first team. Hopefully after today he gets a few more chances and continues to impress.:cheers:

• Like 3

It's a tricky one. I wanted him to get a chance, he has done in the last two games. He's had about 45 mins in the last two games and been impressive. Today's goal was very much like Skippy. His build and playing style is eerily similar as well. However it was his first SPL goal and he has got a long way to go to be in McDonald's calibre.

He showed an agression to try and bully these defenders twice his size today that neither Higdon or Murphy showed. However I worry that fans start to expect too much. For example you just know if McCall starts him at Tannadice next week and he doesn't have the same impact he will be just as quickly written off by some as a one game wonder. Nobody expected much from him today and he put in a great performance. He started against Clyde and Killie and although he showed flashes he didn't have the same impact. However his first SPL goal will boost his confidence and maybe he will start showing his potential as there has always been a player there and start scoring goals for fun. Or maybe not...

I don't know if I would start him against United and I wouldn't be suprised if McCall goes with Higdon and Murphy again. However this goal and performance might see McCalll more willing to use him from the bench and give him more starts this season. He's still young and it's a long season so there will still be plenty of chances for him. He's contracted until 2013 so he still has the best part of two years to establish himself. Hopefully he can bag somewhere between 5-10 goals this season and become a real option for us. He has the potential IMO but if you asked a Motherwell fan this time last week about McHugh before the Hibs and Dons game's I imagine the response would not have been as favourable as it is now. Let's just see how he goes.

I personally always thought he looked a tidy wee player who just needs a run in the first team. Hopefully after today he gets a few more chances and continues to impress.:cheers:

Says it all really about our young and upcoming players.

Spot on.

I thought that very same thing.

McHugh looks a useful player I thought of him i the style of Dougie Arnott a wee terrier snapping away at lost causes and getting something from those scraps.

If you don't reward the subs why should they try ? When first team regulars don't bother yet don't get dropped.

Even if he didn't start but came on at half time, getting a decent run out.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more.

To be honest I didn't rate him too highly but that is mainly down to the time he has been in the first team squad and made little impact, I think he has improved this season and think he looks like he has a real chance but I would leave him on bench for Saturday and if Murphy Or Higdon don't perform on Saturday take them off at half time and put Bob on. Maybe Mchugh's performance may motivate Murphy and Higdon to perform a bit better knowing they having a strong contender to take there place, my only worry is could McHugh and Murphy play together