Sutton Or Sheridan

East_Stand_Al

I dont care which one of the two of them McGhee decides to play, as long as it is the better one!

If Sheridon turns out to be a better player than Sutton, then Sutton can sit on the bench till the end of the season as far as Im concerned. Just because he's our player, doesn't mean we shouldn't bother giving the other boy a chance!

My opinion for what its worth is that Sutton will start on saturday and if sheridan has impressed the gaffer in training, he will be on sometime in the 2nd half.

Yeah, I would be surprised if he didn't get atleast 20 minutes on Saturday.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye McGhee wont just fire Sherridan on unless he is 100% sure he is going to slot in and play the way he wants him to [O'Brien]. I think he will give us as good a presence up front as Porter.

You might have all got this txt msg but I will post it anyways.

"Police are attending Blackpool Beach after 20 donkeys went on strike this afternoon. The action follows the signing of Charlie Adam by Blackpool F.C. The donkeys were chanting and waving banners saying " Local jobs for local donkeys". :P

He'll probably go with Sutton from the start, but I'm sure we'll see Sheridan at some point. And, if Sutton continues to fire blanks against more competitive opposition than Inverurie, then Sheridan will more than likely come into the starting XI.

I'd start with Sutton simply because he deserves the chance.

Gave Malcolm backing in a 'Well jersey, I'd do the same for anyone who wears it. The club is always bigger than any player.

No interest in furthering or better sheridan's career whatsoever!!!

Chris Sutton has been waiting for his chance and stuck 2 in the net on monday night.

If that wee prick gets given the nod b4 him on saturday i'll be raging!!

If you watch the video on bbc he could wait to get the motherwell top with his name on it, out of his hand quick enough.

As far as i'm concerned any affiliation with gordon strachan is unhealty he's an arrogant wee bampot.

And whats to say if he does play well and we then play celtic and have to drop him, our manager should be able to control his team with no boundaries or whats the point!!!

You guys really are loonies, taking your point of view to the extreme...... suppose we landed Kaka on loan. Do we say, sorry son we aren't going to bother playing you because McGarry and Boab are contracted to us so they deserve to play before you??

Course not. You play the best players you have available to you. I don't know if Sheridan is any better than Sutton, but if he turns out to be then I would hope he becomes the first choice for that slot, regardless of Suttons contract situation.

Maybe i was been a bit harsh about cillian, i just don't see what all the ranting and raving is about if he scores 12 goals between now and the end of the season i'd be delighted.

It's all about what's best for motherwell but him benefitting from first team experience which would also benefit a player on a lengthy contract doesn't make sense to me unless he produces the goods.

If anything he's strengthened the bench cos wee murphy has gone flat, i hope this spurs the lad on bcos early signs were promising.

This one is no contest John Sutton is a proven goalscorer and playing against a former team will be right up for this game. Sheridan was in the Rancid saying he has had a wee laugh with some player called Caddis who went to Dundee Utd on loan about who'll finish 3rd and how much he was looking forward to going back to Smeltic. I personally wouldn't play him in Motherwell ladies team with due respect to the ladies. If he wants to work with MM i dont have a problem with that but no way do i want him playing for us EVER! :unsure:

This one is no contest John Sutton is a proven goalscorer and playing against a former team will be right up for this game. Sheridan was in the Rancid saying he has had a wee laugh with some player called Caddis who went to Dundee Utd on loan about who'll finish 3rd and how much he was looking forward to going back to Smeltic. I personally wouldn't play him in Motherwell ladies team with due respect to the ladies. If he wants to work with MM i dont have a problem with that but no way do i want him playing for us EVER! :unsure:
If you're on loan, you have to be smart and suck up to your current employer and suck up to the team who has you on loan. Sounds like he his doing just that.

Did you feel the same way about Lappin when he talked about going back to Norwich?

If you're on loan, you have to be smart and suck up to your current employer and suck up to the team who has you on loan. Sounds like he his doing just that.

Did you feel the same way about Lappin when he talked about going back to Norwich?

Good point. A few folk seem to have forgotten that another fan favourite is on loan and currently keeping those contracted to Motherwell out the team. Step forward Maros.

I personally don't think John Sutton has quite proven himself yet. He scored 2 the other night but according to the radio that was 2 out of 5 or 6 very clear cut chances. Obviously I'd love for him to do well and assume he will start but I don't know if it's a straighforward a decision as it may seem. Before monday night he had scored 4 goals in 17 starts. Sheridan has 4 goals in 7 starts with smelltic. I think the fact that Sutton will be playing in a team he knows will sway him in McGhee's favour for Saturday.

The problem I have with this, is that Sheridan plays with a team in the same league. We are giving him a platform to be a better player and go BACK to Celtic to push for their 1st team, I'd rather Murphy or McHugh were given a better opportunity as tehy are MOTHERWELL players. I felt exactly the same when Calum Elliott :) was signed on loan.

I dont agree with the full idea of being able to loan players from the same league. Hope he scores a hat-trick on Saturday mind you.

This one is no contest John Sutton is a proven goalscorer and playing against a former team will be right up for this game. Sheridan was in the Rancid saying he has had a wee laugh with some player called Caddis who went to Dundee Utd on loan about who'll finish 3rd and how much he was looking forward to going back to Smeltic. I personally wouldn't play him in Motherwell ladies team with due respect to the ladies. If he wants to work with MM i dont have a problem with that but no way do i want him playing for us EVER! :)

Balanced. . . . :)

Give Sutton a couple of games, if he doesn't do the business, in goes Cillian.

If you want to know who's the best player then just look at the FIFA 09 ratings

FM ratings > FIFA09 raiting (especially when it comes to Motherwell ;) )

THe one bonus about this thread, I love it now how it is Clarky +1! Fucking magic seeing the boy get recognition from all around.

Motherwell: Graeme Smith, Quinn, Craigan, Reynolds, Hammell, Lasley, Klimpl, Hughes, O'Brien, Clarkson, Fitzpatrick. Subs: Krysiak, Sutton, Sheridan, McGarry, Darren Smith. St Mirren: Howard, Ross, Potter, Cuthbert, Robb, McGinn, Murray, Dorman, Brady, Hamilton, Mehmet. Subs: Smith, Wyness, Brighton, McAusland, Thomson.

So the answer to our question is NEITHER?

Just a tad confused but if we win i won't care i trust mghee's judgement