Tell Me Am No Dreaming

SteelmaninOZ

And big Hutchie will be back. It's all onwards and upwards. :thumbup: . Should be a belter of a game at Easter Road on the 15th. Unfortunately cant make it :mellow:

Interesting if thats the case. Drop Clancy when he has had a good couple of games and throw Shaun straight back in? Crags is a certainty to keep his place. Good 'problem' to have right enough.

...or does Craggs start to take a back seat?

I said Hutch had to try and force his way back in, I didn't say at who's expense...:whistling:

In fairness Craigan was solid yesterday and still has plenty of good games in him and I like his experience at the back. I think it's still a case of Craigan and one other. However it's interesting that most people have our future centre back pairing as Hutch and Saunders but i can't really remember the last time they played together in the centre of defence. This season would have been an ideal chance to give them some game time togehter and give Craigan the odd rest but Saunders injury has scuppered that.

Anyway if I were McCall I would think we've defended well as a team over the last few games so why change it? I would keep Clancy and Craggs in for the Hibs game.

I said Hutch had to try and force his way back in, I didn't say at who's expense...:whistling:

In fairness Craigan was solid yesterday and still has plenty of good games in him and I like his experience at the back. I think it's still a case of Craigan and one other. However it's interesting that most people have our future centre back pairing as Hutch and Saunders but i can't really remember the last time they played together in the centre of defence. This season would have been an ideal chance to give them some game time togehter and give Craigan the odd rest but Saunders injury has scuppered that.

Anyway if I were McCall I would think we've defended well as a team over the last few games so why change it? I would keep Clancy and Craggs in for the Hibs game.

If my memory serves me correctly, they have only played together once at centre back, against Hearts in a 1-0 victory with Forbes scoring.

Missed the game on Saturday myself, but the Aberdeen game aside I wasn't really impressed with Clancy thus far. Would have no problems putting Hutchinson straight back in at his expense.

Missed the game on Saturday myself, but the Aberdeen game aside I wasn't really impressed with Clancy thus far. Would have no problems putting Hutchinson straight back in at his expense.

think thats quite harsh Joe!!

Clancy played well - no one in our team is immune to mistakes. Craggs played well on Saturday too........Craigan plays well when he doesnt have to think about it, and when he doesn't have time on the ball - we'll call him a no nonense centre half. Clancy is similar to him, although he is a little more composed on the ball.

I do agree that Saunders and Hutchy are the future - but both make their fair share of mistakes too. It's a difficult one, but thats why McCall is the manager and we aren't!!

think thats quite harsh Joe!!

Clancy played well - no one in our team is immune to mistakes. Craggs played well on Saturday too........Craigan plays well when he doesnt have to think about it, and when he doesn't have time on the ball - we'll call him a no nonense centre half. Clancy is similar to him, although he is a little more composed on the ball.

I do agree that Saunders and Hutchy are the future - but both make their fair share of mistakes too. It's a difficult one, but thats why McCall is the manager and we aren't!!

Maybe a little harsh, but I don't think we can afford to leave a player of Hutchinson's ability out.

Hutchy needs to come back into the team, best defender we have. I would drop either of the two centre backs playing at the moment. Harsh on them yes but has to be done.

I agree with that. I would also like to see (next time we are cruising 3-0 up) Page get brought on to see what the lad can do.

Craigans not going to be able to play forever and lets face it, Clancy couldnt hold down a place in the Kily team.

Hutchy needs to come back into the team, best defender we have. I would drop either of the two centre backs playing at the moment. Harsh on them yes but has to be done.

I totally agree.

I think Hutch is one of our best and potentially one of our most valuable assets and we have to use him when we can before he inevitably moves on sooner or later.

Hutch adds another dimension from Craggs and Clancy with his pace and physicality.

No chance, Hateley's been one of our most consistent players.

Spot on. Very dependable and has been solid pretty much all season. Can't recall an injury or suspension in his time at Motherwell.....hope I haven't jinxed him. The fact he can play in a couple of positions means he is a cracking asset to the team.

What was the deal with Hateley and Accies? Did they not have the cash or were they just not interested? Either way he has been a cracking signing for us and he could be another one we benefit from financially.

Hateley has played some part in every single game since his debut!

I wasn't sure about hately at first, thought he was a bit powderpuff in centre mid, but at rightback he's been great for us!

The fact he has featured in every game for 2 and a bit years, where we have done reasonably well suggests he's a very important player. An attacking threat, and not too bad defensively. Not to mention his set pieces.

McCall didn't even rest him at the end of last season, presumably to jeep his run of games going?

He's still young too, so still learning and improving.

I think over the course of the season he was a sub two or three times. But came on to play a part in every game.

Hateley didn't play in the European campaign during the Gannon season because he was ineligible but apart from that he's played in every match, starting all but 2 sub appearances. Pretty amazing record - touch wood!

Hateley didn't play in the European campaign during the Gannon season because he was ineligible but apart from that he's played in every match, starting all but 2 sub appearances. Pretty amazing record - touch wood!

Yeah, as I say, he's played some part in every game since his debut. He made his debut after we were out of Europe that year.