First Round Of Fixtures Completed

Stu

The only reason I've made this thread is that I can't believe some sectarian shite is the main discussion on this forum.

So, now that we've played everyone once, it's maybe a good time to take stock of what's been achieved so far.

From the start of the season until now, what's been your highlight so far?

Hateley's free kick was a fine celebration, there was a great atmosphere all game and that rounded off the day perfectly. I think that kept us top of the league as well eh. Juding by the highlights from Saturday, Easter Road may well have been the highlight if I was there because that looked like a superb away performance that we controlled from start to finish.

Bob McHugh's goal will stay with me for a while too. I liked what I saw of him in his sub appearance against Hibs and everyhting about that goal against Aberdeen indicated to me that we may have a very useful player at our disposal. Shame he hasn't had any minutes on the park since.

The Dunfermline game was an absolutely tremendous day out. Winning the game, looking great, losing some goals, nailbiting stuff followed by a late goal, all with a terrific atmosphere.

let's hope the best is yet to come.

we've got away trips to ICT and aberdeen coming up and a belter against hearts at tynecasltle on xmas eve :drinks:. at home we'll hopefully put celtic in their place in a couple of weeks then united and hibs with the floodlights on after that.

potential highlights aplenty there.

• Like 1

Can't really join in here since I obviously don't get to many games and only ones I have seen on streaming are against old firm ......so highlight for me so far then would be the final whistle against Rangers and Celtic :-)

However great to see we have made such a great start to the season for the first round of games. I think there is only one team that stands in the way of us being in the top 3 and can be a serious threat to us having a successful season............... I am sure we all know exactly who that is.............

MOTHERWELL!!

:dash2:

• Like 1

I think the highlight for me, as McCall touched on in his interview yesterday, is that we kicked off the with the core of the team intact from the prior year.

I was a little worried we might lose a few of our key guys, but with a straight swap for Sutton and Law adding a bit of creativity to the mid, we really hit the ground running. And that is due in large part to having a settled starting 11. Even when we haven't been at our best, they are all out there playing for each other and, equally importantly, have confidence in each others abilities to get the job done.