Motherwell Vs Inverness Discussion Thread

David

I have a bad feeling about this........

I don't think this is going to be a walk over ICT are no mugs even if they are at the bottom of the SPL, they were unlucky last weekend and Butcher will have them well and truly up for this game

fingers crossed for 3 more points

I do not expect an easy game, although it would be nice being comfortable going into the last 15 minutes for a change!!

Same team again, and reckon we'll see a bit more potency going forward as we seem to enjoy the counter attacking game on the road. 2-0 is what many have said and I agree with that, although any win will be fine!

See ye up there!

I have a bad feeling about this........

I don't think this is going to be a walk over ICT are no mugs even if they are at the bottom of the SPL, they were unlucky last weekend and Butcher will have them well and truly up for this game

fingers crossed for 3 more points

We have a good record up there, so i think it will be another 3 points to the total to keep us in the Champions league spot, to set us up nicely for the Celtic game. :nod: Will be up Friday and saturday night so it should be a good one.

Same team again. Unlucky for Hutch but you can't break up a defence that's conceeded one goal in the last 4 games. Heading up for this, our away form has been excellent and hopefully it continues again. It also can't be worse than the last game up there which was an absolutely woeful performance.

If we play like we did at Easter Road or Tannadice we will win again. Sadly we seem to throw up these dreadful performances from time to time. Hopefully this isn't one of those times.

Confident we can win.

ICT 0 - 3 Motherwell (Higdon, Humphrey & Murphy)

Looking forward to it. :cheers:

On Motherwell FC website:

NOTE: British Transport police have informed the club that there will be alcohol bans on the 10:11 am train leaving from Glasgow to Inverness on Saturday and also the 18:43 train leaving from Inverness on the way home.

Not liking this!!

• Like 1

NOTE: British Transport police have informed the club that there will be alcohol bans on the 10:11 am train leaving from Glasgow to Inverness on Saturday and also the 18:43 train leaving from Inverness on the way home.

Not liking this!!

There's been alcohol bans on the trains to/from Inverness for a couple of seasons now, you just have to be "discreet". That said, it's usually just all the trains - I think this is the first time specific trains have been identified as being dry.

We're on the 7.06am train - I'd just assumed it would be a dry train but I wonder if we'll be alright now!

Not liking this!!

I got caught drinking on the train back down, got a letter from the polis and from the club warning me that my behavior was "tarnishing the Motherwell fan's good reputation". My mate got a £60 fine from the polis, 2 months after the trip. Bad end to what was a good away day last year but enough to stop us going up this year.

surely a descrimination case here!! lol on any other train going to any other part of scotland, you can have a drink - but on the 1011 train you cant!! Unbelievable!

the teenage carry out days will need to come back...........filling up bottles of coke and lemonade!!!!!

VIVA Motherwell!!!!

You boys are having weekend in Inverness Im having a weekend in the Whitsunday Islands for our fitba teams end of season trip. :sungum::beach::drinks: Will be too hot & pissed to even remember there's a game on but hoping we don't blow our good away form against bottom of the league.

Have you check the BOM site Ian?

Thunderstorms and high winds for the Whitsunday area this weekend.......ENJOY! :laugh:

I got caught drinking on the train back down, got a letter from the polis and from the club warning me that my behavior was "tarnishing the Motherwell fan's good reputation". My mate got a £60 fine from the polis, 2 months after the trip. Bad end to what was a good away day last year but enough to stop us going up this year.

I very nearly decided not to bother with Inverness away again after last year. The police on the train back down were an absolute joke. One of them, an Aberdeen fan, was talking to us at the back of the carriage and seemed genuinely embarrassed by the way his colleagues were going about things.

But then, we're all football fans so we're all just automatically criminals anyway.

Got to laugh at that bit. Having a drink on a train is tarnishing the clubs reputation but getting pissed in a square and drinking the off licences dry in Nancy as well as getting melted in Ryan's Bar in Odense before and after the game improved our reputation.

Note to Police and the club: There is fuck all wrong with having a bevvy as long as you conduct yourself properly just the way thousands stroke/hundreds did in Nancy/Odense. Oh aye I nearly forgot about Llanelli.

• Like 1

I very nearly decided not to bother with Inverness away again after last year. The police on the train back down were an absolute joke. One of them, an Aberdeen fan, was talking to us at the back of the carriage and seemed genuinely embarrassed by the way his colleagues were going about things.

But then, we're all football fans so we're all just automatically criminals anyway.

Must have been the same train. Older polis officer with grey hair was on a mad power trip, pushin folk about n that. I stood up to the guy and told him that he can't just push folk around for no good reason and ended up having to sit at the front of the train by myself for the last hour n a half, was like being back at school! They also questioned me about what some guy I was talkin to was taking, didnt even know the guy but he just appeared drunk to me anyway, officer power trip was convinced he was oot his nut on something.

We were absolutely fine on the way up, sat drinkin with our carry outs on the table in front with no trouble at all.

where is the official statement that there is an alcohol ban on this train?? what if I dont read the official MFC website? is there anything on Scotrail or BTP websites?

hypothetically, what if I was a random guy going on this train, with no connection to Motherwell FC, and wanted a beer? How would I know there was a ban in place?

Got to laugh at that bit. Having a drink on a train is tarnishing the clubs reputation but getting pissed in a square and drinking the off licences dry in Nancy as well as getting melted in Ryan's Bar in Odense before and after the game improved our reputation.

Note to Police and the club: There is fuck all wrong with having a bevvy as long as you conduct yourself properly just the way thousands stroke/hundreds did in Nancy/Odense. Oh aye I nearly forgot about Llanelli.

Can't argue with your second bit. But I guess from the club's point of view, once the police have decided that there's no drink allowed for whatever reason, valid or daft, fans ignoring it and drinking anyway doesn't really do the club any favours when dealing with the police in future, and more than likely means they'll be even more strict about enforcing a bevvy ban the next time.

hypothetically, what if I was a random guy going on this train, with no connection to Motherwell FC, and wanted a beer? How would I know there was a ban in place?

Hypothetically, a jolly policeman would come along and ask you if you'd be so kind as to refrain from imbibing until you'd detrained, as there are some nasty football fanatics on the train who can't be trusted when they get a sniff of McEwans.

Must have been the same train. Older polis officer with grey hair was on a mad power trip, pushin folk about n that. I stood up to the guy and told him that he can't just push folk around for no good reason and ended up having to sit at the front of the train by myself for the last hour n a half, was like being back at school! They also questioned me about what some guy I was talkin to was taking, didnt even know the guy but he just appeared drunk to me anyway, officer power trip was convinced he was oot his nut on something.

We were absolutely fine on the way up, sat drinkin with our carry outs on the table in front with no trouble at all.

On the train down, we'd managed to sneak down to the next carriage away from where the police had everyone rounded up like criminals, and had a good time of it for about an hour or so. Then the police clocked on that we were 'Well fans who'd somehow managed to get away from the 'herd' and came windmilling into the carriage, man handling anyone who happened to be in reach (including Craig, I think it was, who was sleeping!), then isolated a few folk chosen at complete random down the front of the carriage, and anyone who dared speak up was threatened with arrest.

An absolute joke, especially as we hadn't been doing anything, and the Aberdeen supporting officer (who I'm pretty sure was quite new to the force) was genuinely embarrassed and remorseful.

I would never tar the entire police force with the same brush - there's some decent coppers, and I have mates in the police - but these c***s don't half make it easy to hate them.

As you said, the trains up were full of 'Well fans having a drink and passed largely without incident as far as I know. Chuck a few police officers on and suddenly all hell breaks loose, purely because of their antics. I've seen far, far more incidents occur on Inverness away days because of the police, than anything to do with having a drink on a train.

An absolute joke, especially as we hadn't been doing anything, and the Aberdeen supporting officer (who I'm pretty sure was quite new to the force) was genuinely embarrassed and remorseful.

I would never tar the entire police force with the same brush - there's some decent coppers, and I have mates in the police - but these c***s don't half make it easy to hate them.

Pretty much sums up my attitude to the polis ,Ive said it before Jay and I say it again as individuals they are o.k but collectively they are a shower of BASTARDS.