Friday Football

rightdodgyman

Sounds good. Maybe not for Hibs supporters though.

They should have maybe trialled it with Kilmarnock vs Motherwell (or two teams who are more "local" rather than Aberdeen and Dunfermline for instance) if TV schedules had allowed. Maybe an idea for the end of the season?

• Like 1

Sounds good. Maybe not for Hibs supporters though.

They should have maybe trialled it with Kilmarnock vs Motherwell (or two teams who are more "local" rather than Aberdeen and Dunfermline for instance) if TV schedules had allowed. Maybe an idea for the end of the season?

Sounds shite. Maybe not for a couple of Motherwell supporters though.

Maybe they should trial Saturday at 3.00pm!!

• Like 5

Not happy at all. I work one in four Saturdays and this was one of a couple of home games I was going to miss, so arranged a holiday to make it. Now I won't get to the game at all as I'm going to a gig on the Friday night.

In general, my opinion on this is still negative. Are people going to find a cold Friday December night at Fir Park attractive just before Christmas? Not really. Will it increase the crowd? No; I think it'll decrease the crowd if anything.

Just spoke to my dad and he can't make the game either now as he's doing something that night. So that's two season ticket holders now unable to make a game they've paid for. Well done, Motherwell. Not usually one to have a go at the club, but this is ridiculous.

The last straw from the TV companies pissing around with kick off times.

Don't think this is the TV companies this time. Quote from SPL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster: "There is no ‘silver bullet’ single solution to the various issues confronting the game in Scotland. And there is no monopoly on good ideas."

Maybe not but the SPL seem to have a monopoly on bad ideas.

Based on the evidence so far crowds have increased slightly for games on a friday night I'm sure. Don't think it's a terrible idea as it maybe lets the people working weekends get to the game and some people can go from work, have a few pints, go to the game and still have the whole of saturday & sunday free so there could be less grief from the missus. Swings and roundabouts I suppose but you have to try something to boost interest / numbers.

• Like 1

Don't think this is the TV companies this time. Quote from SPL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster: "There is no ‘silver bullet’ single solution to the various issues confronting the game in Scotland. And there is no monopoly on good ideas."

Maybe not but the SPL seem to have a monopoly on bad ideas.

In which case it's even more mental. Fans are already pissed off at moving around kick-offs, so what do we do? Introduce another new kick-off day/time.

Friday night football is a bad joke it's only purpose is to provide football wallpaper for pubs and bars

As for a Friday night game on the run up to Christmas............

f**k right off I predict one of the lowest crowds of the season

Lets begin.

Maybe they should trial Saturday at 3.00pm!!

They have. Crowds around the SPL aren't improving. Hence they are trying new ideas. A majority of the home support polled by the SPL, who went to the first Friday night game, said they would like to try it again.

Just spoke to my dad and he can't make the game either now as he's doing something that night. So that's two season ticket holders now unable to make a game they've paid for. Well done, Motherwell. Not usually one to have a go at the club, but this is ridiculous.

Maybe the club, and the SPL as a whole, should arrange the fixtures around your schedule then? Of course, that suggestion is just ridiculous.

The last straw from the TV companies pissing around with kick off times.

Friday night games aren't to be televised.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't :doh:

• Like 1

While it's a shame that some people won't be able to make the game because of the change, I'm actually looking forward to the Friday night game.

Quite like a midweek fixture under the floodlights anyway, this'll be like that but I'll be able to get a few pints before/after as well. As long as it's only an occasional thing I don't mind.

I do have the same gripe I have with all the TV fixtures, they should announce these things at the start of the season, rather than changing the date/time of fixtures a few weeks before the game when people have possibly already made arrangements.