Motherwell Vs Celtic

postiejim

Fully expect McCall to keep things grounded in the press this week, reminding us that we won't be there come season end, but you can bet the players will be getting a different story. No reason why we can't take the game to Celtic and give it a right go.

2-2.

0-3 to Celtic.

Negative rep if you like, I'll be too busy celebrating such a terrific result today. To come back and win away at ICT is a tremendous result for Motherwell FC, wherever we are in the league.

Games against the Old Firm shouldn't bring any expectations.

Fully expect McCall to keep things grounded in the press this week, reminding us that we won't be there come season end, but you can bet the players will be getting a different story.

Absolutely spot on. I know some people are critical of his approach to OF games, but I think anything else other than realism, at least in public, is setting the players up for a fail. I'm pretty sure McCall will have instilled the belief necessary to beat this lot. Just depends which Celtic team show up. Wasn't there but I read/heard they played the best game of their season against us at Parkhead but since then things have gone from bad to worse.

The difference is Celtic and Lennon need a win whereas with a target of top 6 we can afford to drop a shit load of points.

Just hope the players are dreaming in the same way the fans are though. :woop:

1-0 to Motherwell.

I'm not saying we can't win. I just don't think we will. I would hope that the team believe they can win and I would hope that our fans turn out in numbers and support the players from the first minute to the last. I would hope that Higdon doesn't get abuse by his own supporters. I'm just saying we don't always get what we want.

I'm not trying to 'pop' anyone's balloon. This is the greatest season we have had for a generation. We should be celebrating that fact. We should be pinching ourselves at how good things are going.

I think Celtic are a better team than us. I would love to be proved wrong, not just next week but in the season overall.

I don't want to get carried away by our start to the season. I'd rather just enjoy it.

Gutted I wont be there next week now, away to the Norwegian cup final to cheer on Aalesund. I dont see why if we stick to our current tactics we cant give them a right good game. I'd become more worried if we resort to strange 4-1-4-1's and the likes as we'v seen previously against the OF.

I understand the temptation to watch it on the box / in the pub. And the argument about the cost of that vs admission prices when things are tight.

But it would be fuckin great if as many as possible could come along and get behind the team from inside the ground.

It would also be good if Stu could rally the troops for a bit of real in their face agression on top of our superior silky soccer.

• Like 3

The only thing is that we are all saying we can't wait and would be great to win yet McCall constantly says these games are write offs and he almost discounts them. Celtic are shite and are dropping points all over the place. We can easily beat them but could just as easily get beat, just have a bit of belief FFS.

If we can avoid conceding an early goal or better still, score first. The pressure they're under at the moment could very well see them crumble.

We need to score first in this game. Last year when we won 2-0. After scoring our first we seemed to go from strength to strength and never really looked like losing. But since then, each time we've came up against them, we've capitulated each time and not even come close to matching them. (I'm not entirely sure, but is the aggregate score in the 3 matches we've played them since not 0 -11 ???)

IMO, this is as much a mind game for our players. Get in their faces right from the start. If we can keep a clean sheet till half time, I think we'll get a result, either a draw or a win. But our players seem to need that belief in themselves. Celtic are close to turmoil, if the result isn't going their way with an hour played. Its going to be a pleasurable experience sitting back in the East and watching the "Greatest fans in the World" once again turning on their team at Fir Park.

On the other hand, we all know that Celtic have the money and if we're honest with ourselves, better players than us, if they decide to turn up and gel. We'll be in trouble. If they score in the first 10 mins. They'll rip us to shreds once again and we'll be lucky to keep the score under 5.

In short, First half is Key in this match.

Might be missing this, its a bastard having to work <_<

Shame. But those Big Macs aren't going to fry themselves.

In before the inevitable meltdown and everyone asking why McCall can't get results against the old firm a la the Rangers game.