Motherwell Vs Celtic

postiejim

I'm one of those who don't usually attend old firm games at fir park.

I will be at this one though without a doubt singing at the top of my voice. Lets out sing this filth Sunday.

Lets show celtic how much we hate them and give them hell at every opportunity. Never under-estimate the effect we as fans can have on visiting teams.

If we do our part and get right behind the team we are half way there.

• Like 1

I'm one of those who don't usually attend old firm games at fir park.

I will be at this one though without a doubt singing at the top of my voice. Lets out sing this filth Sunday.

Lets show celtic how much we hate them and give them hell at every opportunity. Never under-estimate the effect we as fans can have on visiting teams.

If we do our part and get right behind the team we are half way there.

well said mate i fully understand why some of our fans dont attend home games against the old firm but hopefully some of them turn up for this game and help get right behind the team

I reckon Celtic will beat us by at least three goals next Sunday. Firstly because as we already know they have better players than us and would beat us nine times out of ten, but also given their poor run of results of late that has seen them fall twelve points behind Rangers now find themselves third behind ourselves also, the pressure is going to be cranked right up on Lennon and his players over the coming week. There will be talk of how this could be the game that Lennon's job depends on as he will probably go into it already 15 points behind Rangers who play the day before and the prospect of Motherwell beating Celtic and moving even further ahead of them so they will be absolutely desperate to get the three points. And as we all know only too well, whenever there is any sort of 'expectation' (and there will be from some quarters) to get a result, it never happens and we end up taking a serious drubbing.

I can see next Sunday being the day we are brought right back to earth with a shuddering thud.

6-1 Celtic.

Real test of character next week but I can't wait for it. It's one thing beating Celtic when we are mid-table or fighting relegation but it's a whole different battle when we are sitting above them in the league.

I'd be more confident going into this game if Celtic had beaten Hibs but I think they will come to Fir Park really focused on regaining 2nd spot. However, looking at the current starting XIs we don't need to rely on Celtic having an off today to get a result against them. If we play to the top of our game, we can be more than a match for them.

Celtic have blown us away the last 3 times we have played. Would be fucking magic if we going get a wee bit of revenge for the Cup Final in particular and do ourselves justice. And thinking back to Lennon's speech at Parkhead at the end of the season, it would be rather fitting if his 'beginning' was to come to a brutal end at Fir Park, the glorious home of numerous Celtic fuck-ups over the years.

well said mate i fully understand why some of our fans dont attend home games against the old firm but hopefully some of them turn up for this game and help get right behind the team

THIS. The game is on TV & a good few 000 do not turn up when the unwashed are in town. But what a great sight it would be to see a 90% full East stand and Cooper stand come Sunday.

If we cannot do that now when 2nd in the league we will never do it.

Let's all get along and should we win, well it could rank as one of the best games/results in my 35+ yrs of following the WELL. To go 6 points clear - stuff dreams are made of.

• Like 3

THIS. The game is on TV & a good few 000 do not turn up when the unwashed are in town. But what a great sight it would be to see a 90% full East stand and Cooper stand come Sunday.

Let's all get along and should we win, well it could rank as one of the best games/results in my 35+ yrs of following the WELL. To go 6 points clear - stuff dreams are made of.

For some reason we do have a lot of very negative fans (There's a thread on pie and bovril that proves that) There needs to be a buzz amongst our support for the gates to increase.

Negative attitudes like that will only help dampen the spirits of the most optimistic of the motherwell support.

It does my head in that they need to be so negative when we are doing so well. We need to make the most of times when we are doing well and enjoy it. Some of us seem to be in a constant state of depression.

Its as if years of following motherwell has left there brains incapable to create a positive feeling towards the club :lol:

Well said. Lets get the place as busy as possible. Hopefully the club will try to promote this game a bit more and get some part time fans in seeing as we are 2nd in the league.

A win or even a draw would be fantastic, and might even earn Lennon his jotters, which would be funny. Being realistic, though, we will probably get skelped. If we do, this board will be full of doom mongers and vitriol directed at McCall, despite the fact we will still be 2nd in the league!!

I would love us to win, I just hope some of our fans accept it the right way if we get humped!

Oh and ps, should we somehow manage to keep this run going till New Year, with Celtic being shite and Rnagers losing 10points and hopefully half their team then I would hope the board tell all the players no-one is going anywhere in January, they can all move in the summer but for this season when there is old firm turmoil, and 2 champions league places available, we are keeping the team together.

Easier said than done I know.

We'll never have a better chance of beating Celtic. They have lost two and drawn one of their last 3 away matches and one of them was the only time they've score more than 2 goals away (Killie 3-3) all season.

Celtic are the ones under pressure, not us. If we win on Sunday, their support is going to be in uproar, I'd fully expect their manager to resign and the club is in turmoil.

So instead of playing it down, and being calm and not expecting much out of this what about having the guys coming up the tunnel snorting fire and then getting fucking hammered in to them?

The last thing you want to do with a team who is a) lacking confidence and who's moral is suspect but are b) technically better, is to let them play their game and give them time on the ball.

The only time we've done anything against Celtic recently was when we got the early goal last season, more off a mistake than us pressing but that's what we need to do, say to them "we are playing our way and you have to match us for guts and determination" rile them up, get in their face, make sure everyone of them goes in at half time sore.

We've had a great season but I'm sick of this mob running over us and there is absolutely NO reason why we can't do what Kilmarnock or Hibs or St. Johnstone or Hearts, teams all way behind us in the league, have done and get a result on Sunday.

It's time for McCall and the players to deliver.

• Like 1

are celtic not playing in the europa league on thursday, not sure if home or away??? hopefully it,s a difficult game for them anyway & hopefully tired legs on their part, will play to our advantage. i can but hope, going for a draw, obviously would love to sneak a win

are celtic not playing in the europa league on thursday, not sure if home or away??? hopefully it,s a difficult game for them anyway & hopefully tired legs on their part, will play to our advantage. i can but hope, going for a draw, obviously would love to sneak a win

At home to Rennes on Thursday night ,lets hope it all goes horribly wrong result, injuries etc every little helps. :evilgrin: