Motherwell Vs Celtic

postiejim

Rennes, I thought, are perhaps the worst European side I've seen play in Scotland in many a year. And even at that they still had more possession than Celtic did. They were piss-poor at the back. And in midfield. Come Sunday, Celtic will come up against a team that will mix it with them.

Sorry but that's nonsense. They could have easily taken care of any number of teams who's played here in Scotland in European competitions of late. I can think of an Albanian and Welsh teams who we've been up against for starters. I think you're over playing this 'Celtic are terrible' card.

Its great that they're not having the best spell right now, but you're kidding yourself on if you think they've suddenly turned into Hamilton Accies over night.

If we do get beat then they go ahead of us on GD with a game in hand, and the dream of splitting the OF will be all but gone. I know it's very unlikely we'll split them anyway but while we're in between them there's always that quiet hope.

If they beat us then they will win their game in hand (Dunfermline are even pisher than Celtic) which will put them 3 points clear of us though effectively 4 due to their superior goal difference. So if we lose then i think we have lost any chance of keeping up with them.

If they beat us then they will win their game in hand (Dunfermline are even pisher than Celtic) which will put them 3 points clear of us though effectively 4 due to their superior goal difference. So if we lose then i think we have lost any chance of keeping up with them.

Really? You think they're going to win all remaining 26 games like Joe Ledley claims they need to win to have any shout of the title?

I'm not saying we are, by any means, but the way Celtic are dropping points, I see no reason that won't continue with Neil Lemon at the helm.

Good result for us lastnight methinks, another false dawn... Expect to pick up the daily rags and have them earmarked for Europa League glory.

Dreamt the other night we were chanting 'Sacked in the morning' at he with the discoloured teeth so we must have been winning (note to self: nae cheese before bed). Don't care how we do it, just get it done!

And thats why the bookies drive rangerovers and we drive fiestas. Cant beat blind faith, a fool and his money easilly parted as they say.

Whats our goal difference and whats theres please re think rather than betting on hope.

Exactly. Bookies don't calculate odds to treat the punters fairly. They calculate them on the basis of probability and the desire to relieve customers of their cash and as much of it as possible. We can beat Celtic and have done so before but on paper they're a far superior team and any rational neutral would expect them to beat us on Sunday.

Sorry but that's nonsense. They could have easily taken care of any number of teams who's played here in Scotland in European competitions of late. I can think of an Albanian and Welsh teams who we've been up against for starters.

That them Albanian and Welsh teams we disposed of rather easily in the end?

We have been here before going up against one of the ugly sisters in crisis, worst team in years etc and usually we end up getting pumped big time. But we are playing well just now and if we can get the mental attitude right on Sunday then we are more than capable of getting a result.

This is a big test for us if we have realistic ambitions to be best of the rest or possibly runners up who knows, but the team needs to believe that they can win, as recently against the ugly sisters we have not turned up.

Even in November this may be a champions league 6 pointer, mon the well :whistling:

that's his point.

rickoza said rennes are the worst european team to come here in years.

clearly they are better than flamutari, lllannelli and braedlibaeak. plus the likes of ferenvarcos and vaduz.

I thought them Welsh and Albanian teams were kinda good, they did beat us in the first leg after all both times :whistling:

The way I now see it even a defeat tomorrow would see us joint second place (admittedly having played a game more) going into the THIRD international break of the season. Even the 'worse case scenario' for tomorrow leaves us with a fantastic achievement.

One or three points would also be amazing right enough and would be the final straw in getting NL the boot.

Am I the only one who's going into this game tomorrow not even looking at where either Celtic or Rangers are in the league?

My eye is on St Johnstone & Hearts at present, and us having a seven point lead over our closest non-Old Firm rival is what really counts.

I'm assuming that Celtic & Rangers will finish 1st & 2nd rgeardless, and that we really should be looking at cementing a European place over the next few months.

Even a loss tomorrow will not be catastrophic. We'll still have a minimum four point lead over St Johnstone, and they have to visit Ibrox next weekend, whilst Hearts visit Tannadice, so our closest non-old firm rivals will be dropping points over the next few weeks as well.

Re David's comment.

Well said mate. It would be great if we could do the OF but finishing above everyone else is the priority. Hope we hump celtic tomorrow but if we don't it's not the end of the world.

Never been out the top 3 all season, qhat an achievement so far.

Bring it on !

• Like 1

Am I the only one who's going into this game tomorrow not even looking at where either Celtic or Rangers are in the league?

My eye is on St Johnstone & Hearts at present, and us having a seven point lead over our closest non-Old Firm rival is what really counts.

I'm assuming that Celtic & Rangers will finish 1st & 2nd rgeardless, and that we really should be looking at cementing a European place over the next few months.

Even a loss tomorrow will not be catastrophic. We'll still have a minimum four point lead over St Johnstone, and they have to visit Ibrox next weekend, whilst Hearts visit Tannadice, so our closest non-old firm rivals will be dropping points over the next few weeks as well.

Ach, you might be spot on but that's boooring. :P

• Like 1