Motherwell Vs Celtic

postiejim

Any fan that moans about a player GIRUY to opposition fans should stop being so sensitive. Most of them get abuse for 90 minutes and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. In fact I find it quite funny. As for Lennon celebrating well that doesn't bother me either. Look at the way Craigan celebrates Motherwell's important wins with his vein popping celebrations.

People need to lighten up a wee bit.

Las and Jennings both received yellow cards. Are you suggesting than one or both of them should have seen red?

Not necessarily but they should have received yellow cards before the ones they got. If they got them that doesn't mean they would have committed the fouls that eventually got them their yellow cards. After they received their yellow cards they seemed to calm down a bit.

Agree partly with that. Players celebrating goals has never really bothered me. Part of the game (one of the best parts) and to use your example Craigan has a right to be on the pitch as he does it. I fail to see what Lennon is doing on the pitch as he seems to be on there at the drop of a hat. Celebrate it how he sees fit. It is his decision if he wants to be the centre of attention/controversy especially after last season but he should never cross that white line during the 90 mins, whether it being challenging a decision, celebrating a goal, or squaring up to an opposition player. As has been said before, smoke and mirrors to mask the fact he is just not cutting it.

Agree partly with that. Players celebrating goals has never really bothered me. Part of the game (one of the best parts) and to use your example Craigan has a right to be on the pitch as he does it. I fail to see what Lennon is doing on the pitch as he seems to be on there at the drop of a hat. Celebrate it how he sees fit. It is his decision if he wants to be the centre of attention/controversy especially after last season but he should never cross that white line during the 90 mins, whether it being challenging a decision, celebrating a goal, or squaring up to an opposition player. As has been said before, smoke and mirrors to mask the fact he is just not cutting it.

I owe you an apology Finlay as I thought you were talking about celebrations post match.

Celtic fan on the (un)Real Radio phone in was complaining about the number of "horrendous" and "two footed" tackles by Motherwell players yesterday - can anyone recall these?

Burley on ESPN seemed to bang on relentlessly about Jennings' tackle on Commons where he seemed to win the ball to me, and then go on about Jennings again on Commons(?) and how he had "raked his studs down the achilles" when in actual fact he hit the side of Commons' foot.

And Derek Rae on Twitter seemed to suggest that Motherwell got away with a lot yesterday.

So, did this happen and I just have Claret & Amber glasses on?!

And "Paddy McCourt's f****n army" - is this term acceptable now?

I owe you an apology Finlay as I thought you were talking about celebrations post match.

Not at all mate.

McCall is no stranger to going on the park after a game. I quite like that and I have never had a problem with any manager or coach doing it. During the 90 mins though I think it is a bit arrogant.

Bit different but does anyone remember the 0-5 pumping we got off Rangers last season and the celebrations on the Rangers bench when their fifth went in? I recall the bench going loopy and Neil Alexander jumping and straddling a member of the backroom staff. Celebrated like a last minute goal in a 0-1 win. Just totally OTT....but thats the OF for you. Very rarely gracious in defeat or victory and that is just their officials.

Celtic fan on the (un)Real Radio phone in was complaining about the number of "horrendous" and "two footed" tackles by Motherwell players yesterday - can anyone recall these?

Burley on ESPN seemed to bang on relentlessly about Jennings' tackle on Commons where he seemed to win the ball to me, and then go on about Jennings again on Commons(?) and how he had "raked his studs down the achilles" when in actual fact he hit the side of Commons' foot.

And Derek Rae on Twitter seemed to suggest that Motherwell got away with a lot yesterday.

I certainly though Lasley and Jennings should have been booked before they eventually did. Only my opinion though and I have watched it back a few times.

are uz sure it wasnt pat mcCourts green army? sounded like that to me if am wrong its fucking disgraceful if thats what they were singing

Definitely not Green army - had the "pleasure" of it being sung a few feet in front of me after the game and then right outside the house.

I certainly though Lasley and Jennings should have been booked before they eventually did. Only my opinion though and I have watched it back a few times.

But that doesn't necessarily mean that any challenges were over the top or "horrendous" which seems to be the general perception.....

The second Celtic goal was offside. Hooper ran into an offside position on the 6-yard box, right in front of Randolph, before McCourt made the pass to Stokes and was still there when the pass was made to Stokes. He should have been flagged offside at that point. Hooper was still in that offside position and no Motherwell player ever got behind him when Stokes squared the ball to him to score. Even under the 'revised' offside rules he was offiside in both phases of the play.

Actually it is no an offence to be in an offside position like this. At the point of McCourt playing the ball to Stokes, Hooper was not offside as he was not/did not...

1. interfering with play

2. interfering with an opponent

3. gaining an advantage of being in that position

The fact is, when Stokes received the ball he was not officially interfering with play - when he received the ball from Stokes, he was behind the ball - hence being onside. Sadly, I firmly believe he gained an advantage and he did, but in the Laws of the Game he did not (set out by the Home Nations and FIFA). As the ball from Stokes was a different phase than the ball from McCourt.

Stokes hits the ball forward to hooper

11. Offside

It is not an offence in itself to be in an offside position.

11.1 A player is in an offside position if:

He is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent

Hooper is never in front of the ball when Stokes plays the ball.

The fact that it's still being debated after review of the footage shows just what a useless rule it is. How do they expect a linesman to instantly assess all these factors?

It was difficult enough having to keep one eye on the passer and one eye on the position of the recipient as the ball was played - especially if there was 20 or 30 yards between the two.

There were no two footed challenges nor over the top. There were what you would call professional fouls that should have seen yellow cards shown that didn't though.