Motherwell Vs Celtic

postiejim

1. Win

2. Draw from a losing or narrow winning position

3. Draw from a comfortable (Killie) winning position

4. Defeat by 1 or 2 goals

5. Defeat which ravages (again) our positive goal balance

Would be delighted with 1 or 2 and eventually (about a month later) satisfied with number 3. Number 4 if I'm being honest, is how I see it going. Even though Hibs, St Johnstone, Hearts, and, Killie have taken points from Celtic this season if the team that mauled Hibs 4-0 in the second half last Wednesday turns up we will be hard pushed to match them. If we continue our form against 'the other nine' I can accept our lack of luck (they alsways seem to be firing on all cylinders and very rarely have an off day) against the OF home and away. Number 5 is when I WOULD be disapointed as that has happened far too many times over the last couple of seasons.

Heart: Motherwell 1 Celtic 1

Head: Motherwell 1 Celtic 2

It all depends on what combination of the 2 teams turn up next week.

If Celtic bring the team that turned up for the 2nd half in the league cup v Hibs, we will struggle regardless what Motherwell team turn up.

But if they play like they have been for the last month or so, a fully focussed Motherwell turn up with the odd slice of luck, we are well capable of getting a point or even 3.

What I do not want to see is anyone giving Ki space anything up to 35 yards from our goal. Against other teams he hits row Z, against us he hits the top corner of the net every time :dash2:

Would happily take a draw.

I fully expect us to get royally humped on Sunday. Celtic are as poor as they've been for many years, but they're a wounded animal in my opinion.

As poor as they are, I think they still have enough in their locker tto hump us.

But when they do (and I hope I'm wrong) nothing will change for me. I'll still be proud of my wee team and what they've done so far this season. We have played some outstanding football so far, and if I'm right and we do get pumped, I won't be shouting for anyone to get dropped or McCall to get booted out.

It's a work in progress situation ... after a few seasons of "make do and mend" at Fir Park, it looks as if we have a Manager who cares what happens on and off the park, and a team who will give 100% in every game - I couldn't go to Inverness, but it sure as Hell sounded as if the guys fought for everything.

If we DO get beat on Sunday it won't be the end of the world, the players will be hurting and desperate to get back on track. Other teams WILL take points off the OF, and if we can keep playing the way we have been (although Hammel missing will be a real blow) we can look to more than a top six finish.

'Mon the 'Well.

How long before we see an article in the press this week linking one of our players/manager to a club down south after our "surprising" start to the season? <_>

if you foreseen this start to the season you can do my lottery numbers

• Like 1

I think we have to be wary of this Celtic in crisis media perpetuated nonsence. Celtic have lost twice this season to Rangers and Hearts. They have given a few teams an absolute pasting (including ourselves) and have a squad of players that on their day is streets ahead of what the rest of the SPL can offer. Remember this is a team that just over a week ago managed a draw in France.

By Celtic standards it is not great but if Hearts were visiting Fir Park next week with this record we would be very weary.

Celtic are still the strong favourites and usually when the Old Firm have a must win game in Scotland they usually do

A win would be out of this world and could see us topping the table in November if Rangers get heavily punished but the odds are still strongly against it. No result prediction but I would take a draw right now.

I am finding this one far too hard to call.

There's no doubt Celtic are shite at the moment, and if we play as well as we can we should pose their defence and midfield far too many problems. However I still cant feel anything like the kind of confidence I should be feeling. When we beat them last season we lost the next two league games after that to ICT and Killie shipping 6 goals in the process. This season we've taken care of ICT and Killie beforehand, but I still dont feel optimistic. If we win Neil Lennon will go, that's the only certainty I can predict for next week. I hope and pray it comes true, but I wont be betting on it.

you said 'surprising' i misunderstood thought you were implying that it wasnt a surprise

Ah, I see. No, I was implying that this was the phrase the media would most likely use. They'll be even more surprised than most of us as it appears half of them don't even know we're fucking second in the table by the way they go on.

would never expect to see comments like these on a celtic forum - one had his preffered formation as a 4-5-1 !!!!!

click

Just read or looked at the celtic forum and those pages of them coming to Fir Park they seem to think they will get beat (I think the celtic will get beat at FP) and have written themselves off on winning the league. At least that's what I think they were saying...I found it difficult trying to understand what they were typing....english no taught in catholic schools now?

• Like 2

Just read or looked at the celtic forum and those pages of them coming to Fir Park they seem to think they will get beat (I think the celtic will get beat at FP) and have written themselves off on winning the league. At least that's what I think they were saying...I found it difficult trying to understand what they were typing....english no taught in catholic schools now?

Deary me......:doh:

Would be happier if it was at Parkhead. Celtic seem to be dropping more points at home than away for example humping Hibs at Easter Road then a few days later can't even get one past them at Parkhead. Not to mention we are set up to play well away & our away form is excellent but at home we struggle to score & have been in general poor. More worried about this game because it's at Fir Park.

Would be happier if it was at Parkhead. Celtic seem to be dropping more points at home than away for example humping Hibs at Easter Road then a few days later can't even get one past them at Parkhead. Not to mention we are set up to play well away & our away form is excellent but at home we struggle to score & have been in general poor. More worried about this game because it's at Fir Park.

Yes, so am I. On the plus side Celtic will tend to play more open football than say Kilmarnock or Aberdeen did and that should suit us. On the debit side, we'll play with only one striker and the "Rabbit in headlights" syndrome may kick in. As we've said often in the past we have to get right in their faces and prevent a goal similar to Keith Lasley's on Saturday (backing off to allow the opponent a great shot on goal). If Darren Randolph has one long range shot to contend with I'll be disappointed. If all that isn't difficult enough then we have to hope for a fair referee.

Despite Celtic playing poorly, its a huge ask to take a point. Still we have done it in the past.

Admittedly, I'm one of those that tends to miss the home fixtures v the OF but i've got my tickets for Sunday...proper glory hunter me! thumbup.gif

Nah, i'm under no illusions, it's going to be a tough game but the pressure is all Celtic's and we do have a genuine chance of not only beating them but giving them a doing. Will we do it? why not? We have every right to be confident of getting a result just now. I'm sure many believe we are setting ourselves up for a fall but how many on here would genuinely bet against us on Sunday?(quiet MJC) I certainly wouldn't.

One things for sure, the atmosphere surrounding the team just now is infectious and its hard not to get hooked watching this Motherwell side...Hopefully it will catch on and we can get close to a full home end on Sunday! Obviously the daft K.O time and the fact its on the box won't help but i'd urge anyone sitting on the fence to get along to what could be a real defining moment in our season, a chance to go 6 points clear in second place! mental.

'mon the 'well!!!

Nah, i'm under no illusions, it's going to be a tough game but the pressure is all Celtic's and we do have a genuine chance of not only beating them but giving them a doing.

I'm not overly optimistic about a result either, just because we seem incapable of turning in the sort of performance against the OF these days that all the other SPL teams seem to be managing. But fair point about all the pressure being on Celtic -- I suspect their fans will turn on their own team pretty quickly if we can keep them out for the first 20 minutes or so (or even nick an early goal), and that could play into our hands. Right now we're also in the habit of not losing, of course, which is never a bad thing either.

I would rather Celtic had scraped a win at the weekend so there would be less pressure on them to get a result against us. It could work against us, or as others have said, might work in our favour if we score first (or at least stop them from scoring early).

A hard fought 1 - 1.

I think we have to be wary of this Celtic in crisis media perpetuated nonsence. Celtic have lost twice this season to Rangers and Hearts. They have given a few teams an absolute pasting (including ourselves) and have a squad of players that on their day is streets ahead of what the rest of the SPL can offer. Remember this is a team that just over a week ago managed a draw in France.

By Celtic standards it is not great but if Hearts were visiting Fir Park next week with this record we would be very weary.

Celtic are still the strong favourites and usually when the Old Firm have a must win game in Scotland they usually do

A win would be out of this world and could see us topping the table in November if Rangers get heavily punished but the odds are still strongly against it. No result prediction but I would take a draw right now.

Celtic have won 2 out of their last 7 away matches, one of which was against Ross County, the other against a poor Hibs side who took the lead against them and then collapsed.

They haven't won away from home in the league for 4 matches, dropping points at Kilmarnock, Hearts and Rangers.

Having just gone into the second quarter Celtic have dropped points to 5 out of the 11 SPL sides (St. Johnstone, Rangers, Hearts, Kilmarnock and Hibs).

They have conceded 10 goals in their last 6 SPL matches.

I don't expect us to win at the weekend but I expect us to try and win. This Celtic team is not a great one and there is absolutely no reason why we can't get something out of this match. Literally half the teams in the league have already taken at least a point off Celtic, we should be aiming to do the same.

What we need to do is not concede a mental goal from a set play. We were ticking along nicely against rangers until we did that and we'd had two warnings already. Even after that we dominated possession and territory but they were happy to defend properly and hit us on the counter. And eventually we ran out of ideas and petrol. Celtic are more open than rangers though and I think that should suit us better. Though on the flip side they are a better creative unit too and if they play as they can they can hurt us too. The old firm have a tendency to up it against form teams so that must be a concern also but can really see it going any way.

What I do not want to see is anyone giving Ki space anything up to 35 yards from our goal. Against other teams he hits row Z, against us he hits the top corner of the net every time :dash2:

A hundred million times this. I want to see him closed down every time. If I see another Ki goal against us from outside the box with us standing off him, I'll crack up, I'm sure of it.

I really hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling we will get pumped, if we managed a draw it would be a great result, sorry for being negative but I feel we have had a fair bit of luck this season and think it may run out on Sunday. I don't mean we are 2nd due to good luck but it has helped along with some great performances