Sportscene

johnstone

Naismith gets injured and it's all deep concern and how awful they feel for him. Almost a few tears shed in the studio.

Hammell gets injured and there is a bit of a laugh and a joke and not a word on how he is.

Also levien spitting blood at his boyfriend almost getting the sack and creaming himself over all these talented youngsters at Dundee Utd. The same Dundee Utd that's been fucking shite for a year.

c***s.

• Like 2

It's an incredibly bad programme PJ and I agree with everything you say.

Naismith's injury reminded me of Gascoigne's in the '91 FA Cup Final - if he hadn't 'done' the dons player he'd still be running around just now - no sympathy. The sheep boy's leg was some mess.

I'm amazed how bad Levein's knowledge of the game is - openly admitting he doesn't know the rules in a number of incidents. Thinks a straight leg and studs up isn't a red!!! Fuckin tit!

But overall - the programme which is meant to promote our game in the way which MOTD / MOTD2 (which has just started) is just dull dull dull and is like auld fuckers sittin in the pub moanin about the state of the world

Fuckin liven it up BBC

The problem with Sportscene is there's too much chat and not enough football. Why they ever changed it from the old format (best game extended highlights, followed by decent highlights for the other good games and hardly any for the poorest) I'll never know.

You can barely get a feel for how a game has gone with 5 mins highlights. It's a complete joke. They seem to have a decent balance with Match of the Day so why not just replicate that format?

because the BBC doesnt value the SCottish game as highly as the EPL or even the Football league

as MOTD/2 and the football league show are so much better, even though the like of shearer are brutal the fact that MOTD shows so much footage softens the blow of the chronic patter

edit: as for Levein, staggering

we were waiting to see the incident where murphy was "challenged" in the 1st 1/2 in the penalty area, & got a yellow card. was it deserved or was it a penalty? fat chance as per usual. we dont seem to get the recognition for sitting 2nd in the league, surprise surprise :wallbash:

..we dont seem to get the recognition for sitting 2nd in the league,

Agree with the earlier criticism of Levein. But, for the first time this season they showed and discussed a flow chart of a team's position, and it was 'Well's first, second, third, second positions.

Also the brief highlights were shown second, after first place Rangers.

I gave up watching Sportscene ages ago due to the poor set-up. I now watch our highlights on the BBC website, and catch the rest of the games on ESPN's 15 minute show, which features all football and no studio guests.

Me tae, cannae mind last time I watched Sportscene. Was thinking of the difference as I watched MOTD2 last night actually, we are really poorly served by this format and it goes back to the way the English meedja like to portray their game as opposed to how the Scottish numpties showcase ours. They still manage to take the positives out of embarrassing results like Man U skelping Arsenal or City skelping Utd last week yet our game against Hibs 6-6 was derided for poor defensive play. That was a classic and should be highlighted as such, there are many instances of poor play in the EPL which are ignored in favour of showing up the positive aspects whilst we get the polar opposite from our own meedja.

• Like 1

The main problem Sportscene has is i think it is contractually limited to a maximum of 5 minutes per game. OK some games don't need anywhere near that (the 2 saints game highlights were very brief last night) but some games could do with a bit more coverage. By the time they show 5 goals and two efforts off the bar they've got very little time for anything else and the sending off was seen as more controversial than a booking for a dive.

The main problem Sportscene has is i think it is contractually limited to a maximum of 5 minutes per game. OK some games don't need anywhere near that (the 2 saints game highlights were very brief last night) but some games could do with a bit more coverage. By the time they show 5 goals and two efforts off the bar they've got very little time for anything else and the sending off was seen as more controversial than a booking for a dive.

I don't think that's the main problem at all. It's more to do with the figures they have announcing and presenting. Surely they can find better talent than that?

The commentators are cringeowrthy to say the least as well.

I rarely watch Sportscene and generally just watch the highlights on the web.

BBC Scotland seems to me to be very cliquey. It seems as if once you are in its a job for life and we get the same people over and over again. It seems very stagnant with no innovation.

Problems are

- limited highlights package restricting what can be shown

- dull show format, show frontman stating obvious to inarticulate footballer/football manager

- limited show budget

- only 6 games to choose from (against 10 in the Premiership, more likely to get good games with goals, incidents etc. that they can front load the show with)

I think they have chosen to go deliberately conservative after the Scotsport debacle and it is also probably an older audience that tunes into TV these days but I think the programme really needs to be freshened up and enlivened with younger presenters (Annie Maguire?), and a more interesting format. Currently it is like a relic from the 1960s.

I know they don't currently have the rights but I wouldn't even mind if the BBC cast their net further than the SPL and broadcast a programme covering the First division or all the leagues rather than concentrating solely on the SPL.

I know they don't currently have the rights but I wouldn't even mind if the BBC cast their net further than the SPL and broadcast a programme covering the First division or all the leagues rather than concentrating solely on the SPL.

I'd like that, currently there is no imagination put into that tired old format, I don't want to listen to c***s I have little time for giving me their biased 'knowledge' on the weekends games, I just want to see the highlights of said matches

and if there were more goals from more games so much the better, least it would cut down on the talking time which can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

Some of you are a bit harsh, it'll always look shite when you compare it to MoTD as that is quite simply the best thing on TV.

It may be a bit dull but it's 10 times better than that shite that had segments on the best ref whistle n stuff :doh:

I'm reading a lot about it being crap having 5 mins for each game and it should be longer/shorter depending on the match.....guaranteed if that was the case we'd have a lot of folk moaning that there's too much Old Firm coverage and it's always just 2 minutes of Motherwell. Also good having a different guest on each week rather than just Pat Nevin everytime.

Not the best highlights show ever but it could be much much worse and I actually don't mind it.

Disclaimer: writing this before watching last nights one

The thing is.

It wallows in the negativity and focuses almost entirely on bad tackles and moments of controversy.

Fails to focus on decent play and well struck goals for instance.

It's dull its dreary its negative in terms of content, people and approach.

Guests look like their caught in the headlights and talk like church ministers.

They need to - as a licenced / franchised outlet for the SPL talk the game up, highlight good play and promote the product.

It could easily be soooooooo much better.