Get Your Butt Cheeks Along To Fir Park

Welldaft Mk1

On Sunday.

Yes it is on TV. Yes it is a 12 noon KO and it is against one of the Old Firm and football is overpriced etc

But imagine the lift it will give the players to see a full East and Cooper Stand.

This is as high profile a league game I can recall in ages. The eyes of world football will be on little Old Fir Park to see if Lennon can survive and to see if Motherwell can convince doubters (inc our own fans) that this can be a very special season.

If you are swithering - DONT. Get along and support the boys for all the joy they have given us so far this season.

You know it makes sense.:cheers:

• Like 4

I agree with you mate. Every time we play either of the old firm we all moan abut the players not putting enough effort in. Well a full east stand and a full copper at full voice will surly encourage them to get in tae these bastard and get them rattled. (In a ideal world eh)

it'd be good to get a big crowd but we beat them in february with the east stand as sparsely populated as i've ever seen it for an old firm game. scoring in the first minute obviously helped but the atmosphere was dynamite that day.

for me it's less about how many turn up and more about the attitude of the people that are there.

it'd be good to get a big crowd but we beat them in february with the east stand as sparsely populated as i've ever seen it for an old firm game. scoring in the first minute obviously helped but the atmosphere was dynamite that day.

for me it's less about how many turn up and more about the attitude of the people that are there.

There's something in that.

I think it's a bit of a give-away when as the game is about to be kicked off they c***s stand to a man and we all politely sit down (apart from the dudes at the far end)

Just doesny seem right

I sadly predict another piss poor turn out from the 'Well fans on Sunday which is a crying shame. Obviously factors such as being on a Sunday, being on telly, and being a noon kick off do have an influence on the attendance but we're second in the league for fuck sake with a chance to go 6 points clear of Celtic!! If you consider yourself a 'Well fan and still can't be arsed making the effort to get down to Fir Park considering how well we're doing, chances are you never will.

These stay away fans who probably haven't been to a game since the final and semi final will be the quickest and loudest to moan about ticketing procedures should we ever get to a cup final again n'aw.

Which is why the singing section in the Cup semi, was dynamite compared to the killjoys that populated it at the final. That was still my biggest disappointment with the way the cup final played out, was the mediocre atmosphere created as the "likeminded" fans were diluted by people that didn't understand the concept of a "singing section". We were always vast underdogs. But the atmosphere was an even bigger let down than the teams performance that day.

When we again reach the final this year, Keep the singing section to just 3 tiers. And let the good times roll. yahoo.gif

Unfortunately, any time we get a bigger crowd in at Fir Park. We usually get beat, which doesn't encourage those on the fringes to come back in a hurry. Just means the hardy band of the 4000 core get to see good times as well as the bad.

Perhaps we just need to accept the fact that the average number of punters we get is the support these days? I mean, the number of fans who stay away because the tickets are £20 rather than £15 has to be pretty negligible surely?

I don't think the home fans will number any more than they usually do.

I have to say after the last Rangers game i stated i'd refuse to go back to another old firm game with McCall in charge!! His demeanour and attitude against this pair is always a Defeated man. He never seems to be fired up for it and this vibe rubs off on the players, who are always second to everything against them!!

In saying that i rarely stick to my guns and i'm pretty much weak!! therefore...........I'm Going!!!!! yeah, canny wait!! :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Given that we have two home games left this season, and that both are vital in our race for a Champions League place (I still can't get used to saying that), what do we think the chances of bigger crowds are?

The reason I ask is because it seems that short of the odd occasion when the club drop prices or put on a promotion we always seem to hit roughly the same numbers. Considering we've been sitting third virtually all season, and playing some of the best stuff seen at Fir Park in years, why is this the case?

Is it simply a case of the people who get along most weeks being the best we can get? Are we destined to hover around the 4,000 mark regardless of how well we do?

I shudder to think what we'd get if we were in Hibs position right now.

Given that we have two home games left this season, and that both are vital in our race for a Champions League place (I still can't get used to saying that), what do we think the chances of bigger crowds are?

The reason I ask is because it seems that short of the odd occasion when the club drop prices or put on a promotion we always seem to hit roughly the same numbers. Considering we've been sitting third virtually all season, and playing some of the best stuff seen at Fir Park in years, why is this the case?

Is it simply a case of the people who get along most weeks being the best we can get? Are we destined to hover around the 4,000 mark regardless of how well we do?

I shudder to think what we'd get if we were in Hibs position right now.

Probably 3,800 or thereabouts. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter what we do. you could open the gates and let everyone in free and we still couldn't fill the stadium. weve a poor support, always have had, more people leave Motherwell to follow the big two in Glasgow each week than come to firpark .

• Like 2

Considering we've been sitting third virtually all season, and playing some of the best stuff seen at Fir Park in years, why is this the case?

I support your call to arms given what is at stake and we have had a good season with a great run of results, however, I cant agree with the last bit.

We were good to watch in the first quarter of the season and for a few games after Henrik signed up, but on the whole, since Christmas at least, we have not been pretty on the eye. Effective? Mostly. Good to watch? Hardly.

We played far more attractive football under McGhee until our pitch scuppered that and the European ties under Gannon and Brown were good to watch too.

Maybe the common denominator is summer football!

Regardless, this is all about the end result and never in our history have we had the chance to play in the Champions League. So, get your asses of the couch, out the bookies, out the pub, off the golf course or wherever you planned being this weekend and lets help the team over the line.

We don't have a poor support. Our ratio of match attendance to population is the highest in the SPL.

I'd also disagree that we are seeing us "playing some of our best stuff in years". As much as i'll take the rewards that our league finish brings, i've actually no idea how we've managed to be fighting it out for 2nd place at various points throughout the season, as on the pitch it's not been memorable at all. Even most of the games we've won we've been decidedly average to watch even by our own standards. Over the season as a whole we've been remarkably consistent (which is normally what we lack), but highly unspectacular.

Again, that's not a complaint in the slightest, consistency is the key to success.... it's just not a season where i've came away from many games thinking "fuck we were good today".

• Like 2