Motherwell Fans Leaving Early - What's The Deal?

David

POD v Cooper...........theres not going to be a winner. Some folk suggest, keeping them in the ground for 10 mins after the final whistle - wont work as it takes longer to let all well fans out the East - so that means you'd need to keep them in for more than 20mins. And no doubt, they would complain that home fans are allowed to leave the POD, when they need to stay in.

It works for European games.

doesn't make financial sense but they should be in the away end only. Why should any of our supporters have to put up with their shite the club should be looking after us first and foremost. It also takes away some of the "home" advantage having them scumbags in the Phil O'Donnell

Or by last resort, why dont the club offer free tickets to these games to all current/former/ex/retired SS hooligans? and put them in the main stand. That way, something is likely to kick off and the police will never let opposing fans in the same stand again? We had to fight for our patch before - it may have to come to that again

Don't even offer freebies, just guarantee no arrests and I'll put the word out to all my old buddies, pretty sure we'd get a good response and they'd happily pay over the odds for the opportunity :thumbup:

I know this would be extremely controversial (even more so than the Cooper scenario) but surely if they want to give the tims/h**s another area of the stadium other than the South Stand, then the South End of the East Stand makes most sense. Easier to segregate than the Main Stand, and all you would have to do is re-open the gate and stick a couple of turnstiles in place and would mean all h**s/tims would be vacating the stadium into the one area.

Or have I just opened a big fuck off can of worms????

I sit in the east, but would gladly take a seat in the main for the visit of the Old Firm if it helped makes matters easier.

Not sure how many of my fellow east stand-ers would agree though.

Most would be up in arms, and I'm not sure how the Club would go about relocation, but it is a much safer option than the apparent non-segregation in the Main Stand. I sit in the South End of the East, and wouldnt be happy with it but if I was the Club I'd be looking at that very possibility.

Most would be up in arms, and I'm not sure how the Club would go about relocation, but it is a much safer option than the apparent non-segregation in the Main Stand. I sit in the South End of the East, and wouldnt be happy with it but if I was the Club I'd be looking at that very possibility.

It wouldn't really be a possibility as the club would have to carry out extra improvements as the only exit point would be where the turnstyles are and the turnstyle can only go in one direction. A far simpler solution would be to split the Cooper Stand as both fans can enter and exit via seperate turnstyles and use different toilets and pie stalls but they've worked that before and it wasn't popular.

It wouldn't really be a possibility as the club would have to carry out extra improvements as the only exit point would be where the turnstyles are and the turnstyle can only go in one direction. A far simpler solution would be to split the Cooper Stand as both fans can enter and exit via seperate turnstyles and use different toilets and pie stalls but they've worked that before and it wasn't popular.

I've already said that for the East Stand to be a possibility that we would have to install a set of turnstiles at the South end of the East Stand, now I've nae idea how much that would cost, but if we are saying that having them in the Main is giving 'well fans a cause for concern and is an obvious hazard then I'm pretty sure that its something the Club should have a look at.

As for the Cooper Stand being a simpler option, in terms of segregation I'd agree, but the fact that both sets of fans would be entering and vacating the ground from/into the same area would leave us with teh same scenario that we currently have.

that's alright until you count in the lost income due to banning orders for everyone sitting at the segregation line in the east.

it would be a good laugh though.

I'd be absolutely raging if the east stand was given to them, with it so close to the pitch n that. Don't think it's at all a possibility, too controversial, and is generally the most populated home stand anyway. The usually quarter-full cooper is a lot more reasonable.

The thinking of the using the main stand is that there's usually only a few dozen people sitting on those outer seats anyway, so no one really has to move. Think the current set up is as good as it'll get really.

Or we could of course just say to the Old Firm.."You're getting the South Stand and that's it, like it or fucking lump it"

In an ideal world, yes, but money talks and the club won't be willing to give up that revenue, even if it does inconvenience our own fans.

In an ideal world, yes, but money talks and the club won't be willing to give up that revenue, even if it does inconvenience our own fans.

I'd be interested to see the figures on that. Loss in revenue from the OF fans would be somewhat offset by, presumably, less policing (and maybe even a slight increase in 'Well fans attending).

I'm sure it would still mean a loss of revenue, but sometimes you have to suck it up for the benefit of your own. Just curious to see the loss quantified.

Or we could of course just say to the Old Firm.."You're getting the South Stand and that's it, like it or fucking lump it"

That's what I would do.:yahoo:

Charge them 30 quid a skull as well. No concessions either.

We have been talking about the subject of giving them the Cooper, not giving them the Cooper.

Giving them the POD, not giving them the POD.

(While we're on the subject, who was it who told a bare faced lie that the reason they got the Cooper was that opposition fans cannot share a stand)?????????????????????????????????

We should be looking after our own, full stop.

Get them out of the Phil O'Donnell, don't give them the Cooper or the East if it inconveniences a Well fan in any way, shape or form. Why should we move?

As Kirky SuperSub says, .."You're getting the South Stand and that's it, like it or fucking lump it"

We will miss out on how much money, eg (£25, X, 1,600 = £40,000).

It is a lot of money to lose, however, who do you want as a customer, 1,600 badly behaved arrogant, obnoxious, self righteous, foul mouthed bigots (counting the other tits as well), 2 - 4 times a season, (and that is only when they all turn up).

Or 4 - 4,500 hardy loyal fans who will be there no matter what. (at least 18 times a season, 4 times that when we get to a cup final of course) :rolleyes:

We cannot alienate our loyal fans anymore, these are the same people who have ploughed hundreds if not thousands of pounds into the club throughout the years.

Our ground lay out does not lend itself to proper segregation.

We put them in the South, (the away stand), then we just make do with the income we get, it's called good housekeeping.

I will also leave whenever I want, full stop.

• Like 4

I'm sure having NO old firm fans in fir park would suit most fans, but the fact is, we need as much money as we can get, and we just have to put up with it.

Well fans are inconvenianced by the East Stand falling to bits, but we just have to put up with it, such are the finances.

The club's a business and to choose to have 1500 empty seats when we can get £20 for each of them is just unreasonable.