Motherwell Fans Leaving Early - What's The Deal?

David

The club's a business and to choose to have 1500 empty seats when we can get £20 for each of them is just unreasonable.

We aren't getting £20 for each of them though. The main stand housed a lot of adult & child ticket specials if what I'm hearing is correct.

If they get between 1000 - 1500 in the POD , I'd reckon thats around £30,000 revenue to the club .

Why not just lump £5 onto the cost of a ticket for the south , which if it holds 4800 works out at £24,000 .

That leaves a deficit of only £6,000 , which for the safety and enjoyment of our own fans is surely a price the club should be willing to pay . And as a few folk have pointed out , with them housed in the one area , a few more of our own may be inclined to come along and take up some of the resultant empty seats in the POD .

Obviously the O/F would greet about it , but there is no doubt that when push comes to shove they would always have enough willing to pay an extra couple of quid to sell out their allocation .

I know the club needs every penny it can generate , but the enjoyment and safety of our support needs to be the main priority .

Apologies if this suggestion has already been made , haven't had a chance to read whole thread .

The following is taken from the Fans Charter as published on the official website...

Matchday

The club will endeavour to provide a safe, trouble free environment for all spectators and provide a quality service through our turnstile staff, catering outlets, stewards, and all other staff employed on match days.

In return, the club expects spectators to refrain from using foul and abusive language, taunts or gestures of a racist or obscene nature and to inform members of the security staff regarding anyone engaging in such activity.

For security and safety reasons, under the terms of our Ground Regulations, standing is forbidden in seated viewing areas, whilst the match is under way. The club is obliged to advise any spectators in breach of this requirement to desist and failure to comply with this request may result in the person, or persons, being removed from the ground.

From what i and the other well fans around me had to put up with last Sunday the club is failing to uphold this charter miserably.

1. no access to toilets or catering,

2. Standing Celtic fans ignoring the stewards ( they eventually sat down to be fair)

3. Bigoted, sectarian, foul language, taunts and gestures, yes they were all coming from the Celtic support

The club needs to sort this out before the next ugly sisters visit to FP, the POD is not designed for segregation, when the south stand was built the club stated it was for away fans only, thats all they should get. Its time the club started to treat its owm supporters fairly instead of chasing every penny from the old firm arseholes.

• Like 1

The following is taken from the Fans Charter as published on the official website...

Matchday

The club will endeavour to provide a safe, trouble free environment for all spectators and provide a quality service through our turnstile staff, catering outlets, stewards, and all other staff employed on match days.

In return, the club expects spectators to refrain from using foul and abusive language, taunts or gestures of a racist or obscene nature and to inform members of the security staff regarding anyone engaging in such activity.

For security and safety reasons, under the terms of our Ground Regulations, standing is forbidden in seated viewing areas, whilst the match is under way. The club is obliged to advise any spectators in breach of this requirement to desist and failure to comply with this request may result in the person, or persons, being removed from the ground.

From what i and the other well fans around me had to put up with last Sunday the club is failing to uphold this charter miserably.

1. no access to toilets or catering,

2. Standing Celtic fans ignoring the stewards ( they eventually sat down to be fair)

3. Bigoted, sectarian, foul language, taunts and gestures, yes they were all coming from the Celtic support

The club needs to sort this out before the next ugly sisters visit to FP, the POD is not designed for segregation, when the south stand was built the club stated it was for away fans only, thats all they should get. Its time the club started to treat its owm supporters fairly instead of chasing every penny from the old firm arseholes.

So, what that tells us is our very own club only cares abot the money from the mutants..

At one of the home games earlier in the season, (can't remember which one), I was told to get back in my seat by a steward because I jumped into the stairs beside my seat...........AFTER WE HAD SCORED A GOAL.

He stated that it was a health and safety issue.

I was not standing in seated viewing areas I was standing, temporarily, whilst cheering a goal from my team.

Fair enough if there was some consistency, however, 3rd paragraph of the fans charter states:

Both sides of the POD and the entire South stand were standing.

What was done? Hee haw, not even a message through the tannoy.

Before anybody starts on about there were too many of them, the police can't throw them all out.

1. Send a message to Celtic and Rangers stating that standing will not be permitted during the match and if it happens, they will be thrown out. Tannoy message at the start and during the game. The police to pick one or two at a time, (usually the smallest) and throw them out and arrest them.

They'll soon get the message. Again, I repeat, we need to look after our own.

They seem to be turning a blind eye to standing home fans too now. Its a good thing theyre letting people stand.

The answer is for us to stand too, not make them sit down.

Thats not the answer at all.

Like them or not the regulations state that stadia should be all seated. In order to see the game properly last Sunday we too could have stood up but I took a conscious decision not too as it would have obscured the view of those regulars behind me and forced them into standing up too. Whether they like it or not the Police really need to take a more proactive role in supporting stewards and make no mistake they have the final say on these matters.

This may sound a bit daft but it could work if things go the way they are. SPL clubs are actively seeking a review of the all seating with a view to introducing safe standing zones like abroad. So couldn't we push for this a bit more and give them the bit between the south and the POD or is it not big enough "never been in it so unsure". We cant build on it so terrace it if allowed? Agree its one for the future.

Ps. put them in the Cooper and you will get my season ticket in the post again only this time it will be the last, Still sickened watching the wee chunt IN MY PAID FOR SEAT singing IRA PISH last time.