An Update From The Supporters Trust

MST

It's official - the Supporters Advisory Committee has finally shown what it's all about - discarding our mascots!

We were "shocked" and are in "awe" of this suggestion!!

Claret and Amber have been with us for years and are loved by many! Kids in particular love and associate with them, and can join the Claret &Amber Club! They add colour and friendly cheer to match days and have a commercially consistent visual marketing link to our Club - Now SAC would wish us to condone a "robo cop" style of mascot - what ill timed nonsense!

The more serious point though surely is their activity ( or lack of) focus? At a time when the Club are introducing a new ownership proposition; new legislation targets football fans, and our fan base have clearly expressed their views on what the match day experience should look like, it seems incredible this group are so far out of touch with fellow Well fans!

I can't remember the last time ( if at all) this group produced anything positive or relevant? And after a lengthy period of digesting their own fans survey - none of the responses having appeared to have been actioned- come out with this gem of a proposal!

The Supporters Trust in contrast continue to:

actively discuss and lobby the Club on their plans for the Well Society;

organise events to then donate funds to both Club and Community projects;

Will in the next week, conclude the erection of a permanent memorial to Phil O'Donnell;

are in active dialogue relating to new football fan legislation;

are in active dialogue with Club regarding the farcical situation created by visiting Celtic fans at recent home match;

Continue to raise the "real" issues raised by fans following our recent fan survey - including safe standing areas, food kiosk pricing and overall stadium facilities on match days.

Few have ever really understood why this Advisory Committee was established, given both the Supporters Association and ourselves , the Supporters Trust, have been here and working for many years. Even less, I feel now, will relate to this group and maybe its them that should be retired and not The Bears?!

It may not be a life threatening issue ( well maybe for Claret & Amber !) but let's make sure we KEEP CLARET & AMBER BEARS!!!

Email the Club ; give them a call ; answer the SAC thread established on the fans forum websites, and let them see they have missed the point and should listen firstly, and then act!

It's official - the Supporters Advisory Committee has finally shown what it's all about - discarding our mascots!

Claret and Amber have been with us for years and are loved by many! Kids in particular love and associate with them, and can join the Claret &Amber Club! They add colour and friendly cheer to match days and have a commercially consistent visual marketing link to our Club - Now SAC would wish us to condone a "robo cop" style of mascot - what ill timed nonsense!

The more serious point though surely is their activity ( or lack of) focus? At a time when the Club are introducing a new ownership proposition; new legislation targets football fans, and our fan base have clearly expressed their views on what the match day experience should look like, it seems incredible this group are so far out of touch with fellow Well fans!

I can't remember the last time ( if at all) this group produced anything positive or relevant? And after a lengthy period of digesting their own fans survey - none of the responses having appeared to have been actioned- come out with this gem of a proposal!

Will in the next week, conclude the erection of a permanent memorial to Phil O'Donnell;

are in active dialogue with Club regarding the farcical situation created by visiting Celtic fans at recent home match;

Continue to raise the "real" issues raised by fans following our recent fan survey - including safe standing areas, food kiosk pricing and overall stadium facilities on match days.

Few have ever really understood why this Advisory Committee was established, given both the Supporters Association and ourselves , the Supporters Trust, have been here and working for many years. Even less, I feel now, will relate to this group and maybe its them that should be retired and not The Bears?!

It may not be a life threatening issue ( well maybe for Claret & Amber !) but let's make sure we KEEP CLARET & AMBER BEARS!!!

Email the Club ; give them a call ; answer the SAC thread established on the fans forum websites, and let them see they have missed the point and should listen firstly, and then act!

now now girls, put the hand bags away...

In all seriousness though, you guys seem to get the point.

just what we need, infighting

two fan representation groups getting laughed at

very rarely anyone will come out looking good, from this sort of tactic

PS well done for the good stuff

Not sure what the Trust are hoping to achieve here, this is a statement that does no one any favours BUT only appears to have been posted on this forum. It is not on FPC or even on their own website. The Trust should be focussing on the Phil O'Donnell tribute which I believe will be unveiled before the Dundee Utd game.

This is the type of nonsense that does the Trust's image no good at all!

The sooner thge Well Society is established and Fans "own" the club and we have no need for the Trust of SAC...

• Like 4

I've only just got around to reading this thread, and to say the original post doesn't portray the MST in a positive light is an understatement.

Smacks of petty point scoring between the SAC and MST - both of which a lot of people on here have a number of issues with.

Although, why they chose to use Steelmen Online as their battle ground is a bit of a mystery.

I don’t really know where to start to be honest; I suppose the first question for clarity needs to be: Is the original post the official position of the MFC Trust and the board or are the comments contained within it essentially the position of one individual?

My view for what it is worth is that these types of comments really achieve very little and smacks of ‘my da is bigger than yours’.

I may be missing something really fundamental but surely anyone involved and giving up personal time to put themselves forward, whether it be from the Trust, the SAC or indeed the Association, all pretty much want the same thing. That is for supporters to be involved and bring forward ideas - GOOD and BAD – and for those ideas and feedback to be considered and debated. If that general point is accepted then surely it does no good whatsoever to be ridiculing some the very people who have put themselves forward in the first place?

Given everything positive that is happening at the club at the moment and remember, with the backdrop of some very difficult times for Scottish Football, surely it is now the time for us (SAC, Trust and Association) to be galvanized and not to create more distance between supporters.

This is a call for unity; it is high time any old issues are put to the side and for the 3 organisations to merge into one, stronger and more effective group.

That is my view for what it is worth.

Leeann

I wouldn't take too much notice of anything that's posted on here ,its mostly drivel coming from a hardcore group who think that anything M.F.C that doesn't involve them is doomed to failure.

Interesting point.

The SAC post deserved and got a pasting. Our heritage is steel & steelworkers, how that translates to edgy iron man super heros - Like others, I fail to connect with.

The MST post - had a very important piece of information enveloped in a tit for tat attack on the other group. Deserved and got a pasting.

We've had some really good debates on here about initiatives that would and would not work from a good cross section of the support.

And by the way it's a disgrace that the People's Front of Judea haven't been included.