An Update From The Supporters Trust

MST

Which is why it was restored, I'm all for transparency, I'm also mostly against swear filters and banning unless you happen to be jealous of everything I stand for and have achieved. Far be it for us to censor arseholes, I say let them be a complete arsehole and let the forum members decide...

This is a fan's forum, not the trust, the SAC or the club for that matter.

It's official - the Supporters Advisory Committee has finally shown what it's all about - discarding our mascots!

We were "shocked" and are in "awe" of this suggestion!!

Claret and Amber have been with us for years and are loved by many! Kids in particular love and associate with them, and can join the Claret &Amber Club! They add colour and friendly cheer to match days and have a commercially consistent visual marketing link to our Club - Now SAC would wish us to condone a "robo cop" style of mascot - what ill timed nonsense!

It may not be a life threatening issue ( well maybe for Claret & Amber !) but let's make sure we KEEP CLARET & AMBER BEARS!!!

Claret and Amber will just need to grin and bear it. At the end of the day I am sure they wont bear a grudge. ph34r.gif

Cometh the hour, cometh the Steelman. laugh.gif

15memv6.jpg

I don’t really know where to start to be honest; I suppose the first question for clarity needs to be: Is the original post the official position of the MFC Trust and the board or are the comments contained within it essentially the position of one individual?

My view for what it is worth is that these types of comments really achieve very little and smacks of ‘my da is bigger than yours’.

I may be missing something really fundamental but surely anyone involved and giving up personal time to put themselves forward, whether it be from the Trust, the SAC or indeed the Association, all pretty much want the same thing. That is for supporters to be involved and bring forward ideas - GOOD and BAD – and for those ideas and feedback to be considered and debated. If that general point is accepted then surely it does no good whatsoever to be ridiculing some the very people who have put themselves forward in the first place?

Given everything positive that is happening at the club at the moment and remember, with the backdrop of some very difficult times for Scottish Football, surely it is now the time for us (SAC, Trust and Association) to be galvanized and not to create more distance between supporters.

This is a call for unity; it is high time any old issues are put to the side and for the 3 organisations to merge into one, stronger and more effective group.

That is my view for what it is worth.

Leeann

This post highlights the pitfalls of composing your comments in a Word document then copy and pasting into a forum response. Sometimes you get great big spaces between your paragraphs that you probably didn't want.

This post highlights the pitfalls of composing your comments in a Word document then copy and pasting into a forum response. Sometimes you get great big spaces between your paragraphs that you probably didn't want.

Way to go. Exactly what difference does it make?

there has been some bizarre sh1t on here the last few days, but you gotta laugh when some fella is concerned about the format of a post and the program used to create it

:lol:

it is the top tip of the day :drinks:

Beware the internet and the large spaces in posts :O

• Like 1

I don't really know where to start to be honest; I suppose the first question for clarity needs to be: Is the original post the official position of the MFC Trust and the board or are the comments contained within it essentially the position of one individual?

I may be missing something really fundamental but surely anyone involved and giving up personal time to put themselves forward, whether it be from the Trust, the SAC or indeed the Association, all pretty much want the same thing.

Pretty much my view too. However the Trust really does need to clarify the post's status.

I don’t really know where to start to be honest; I suppose the first question for clarity needs to be:   Is the original post the official position of the MFC Trust and the board or are the comments contained within it essentially the position of one individual?

My view for what it is worth is that these types of comments really achieve very little and smacks of ‘my da is bigger than yours’.  

I may be missing something really fundamental but surely anyone involved and giving up personal time to put themselves forward, whether it be from the Trust, the SAC or indeed the Association, all pretty much want the same thing.  That is for supporters to be involved and bring forward ideas - GOOD and BAD – and for those ideas and feedback to be considered and debated.    If that general point is accepted then surely it does no good whatsoever to be ridiculing some the very people who have put themselves forward in the first place?

Given everything positive that is happening at the club at the moment and remember, with the backdrop of some very difficult times for Scottish Football, surely it is now the time for us (SAC, Trust and Association) to be galvanized and not to create more distance between supporters.

This is a call for unity; it is high time any old issues are put to the side and for the 3 organisations to merge into one, stronger and more effective group.

That is my view for what it is worth.

Leeann

Leeann,

I post this not as an official view from the Trust, but as an individual who has devoted a lot of my personal time to the organisation and the club.

I'll tell you honestly and openly why I don't favour the groups merging. The first meeting of the SAC, I attended. Your opening gambit was 'this can be as formal or informal as you like, we can have the advisory committee as a formal group with Terms of Refference or we can have it as an informal group with people coming and going dependant on their personal time'. Under your left hand was a document Motherwell Supporters Advisory Committie Terms of Refference.

Therein lies the rub; it was always going to be a formal group that sings to your tune. That in my opinion is both a waste of time and will never be representative of the Motherwell support. 

Do I support the statement? Nah. The SAC are a group of people that work in the background, with no elections or the likes. They don't need to put out statements every other week to keep their members happy (coz they don't have any). The've asked for an opinion and taken an undeserved slagging for it. Am I glad the statement was posted? Over the bloody moon. Why? Because its made me see your true colours.

You've been on the phone to my successor this week basically slagging me and Martin Rose off. You've said you've been reluctant to deal with the Trust in the past as you've not had faith in the individual's running the organisation. So that explains why everytime I used to call you, the call was dingied and not returned. That explains why the only times you called me were when you wanted something. Like the 5 grand in our bank account?

Oh and that brings me nicely to my next point. Shares.

Did you, or did you not, on several occasions promise me that you were getting the shares owed to the Trust from John Boyle transferred? All of a sudden, John Boyle knows nothing about the shares getting transferred. No, you'd never spoken to him and were basically trying to hoodwink me and the Trust board into handing over 5k ring fenced for Share purchases.

Did you call me up and ask if you could use the Trust as a vehicle to dispose of Boyles shareholding? Yes you did. Then, without consultation, the Well Society emerges. I spoke to Derek Weir on this and he said that the way you handled this was poor. Derek gave me a good explanation as to why the Trust could not be used. My concern but is that you'll not put the wheels in motion for any Supporter ownership unless it suits you personally.

This unfortunate incident has brought your true colours to the fore. You don't respond to calls or emails from the Trust. You have a selective memory and fabricate the truth surrounding our dealings. But then your on a message board sticking up for your puppet in the blink of an eye. Probably because it suits you.

Leeann, I'll be honest and say that the 2nd year of my position as Trust chair was poor; largely due to work commitments. You knew this but so I would have expected you to accommodate this.

The Trust and Association are independent. I would support these groups merging. I would not however favour a merger with the SAC as you clearly call the shots on their dealings.

I'll give you this. You've done more good for the club than previous job holders. Your ideas are a breath of fresh air and your definitely pushing us in the right direction. A football club but for me is a bit like a large social club. It's not a big business and it relies completely on supporters sticking their hands in their pockets. To that end, supporters deserve to be listen to, something you appear to be incapable of.

I hate washing my dirty linen in public, but I don't take well to being slagged off behind my back.

• Like 2

I think something external is required, and the trust currently is that. Another voice for the fans is always needed, and I think that could be taken away if the trust and the SAC were to merge, as the SAC is coordinated by club. Id be all for the Supporters Association and the trust merging, and having a good working link with the club and the SAC.

On another note I think its hugely unprofessional for the Chief Executive to be responding on message boards when wee squabbles come up, a bit like what had happened with the thread about the ticket office last christmas when she came on and responded in a rather childish way.

• Like 3