1. 1. Who's our best ever LB?

• Hammell
    • Wark
    • McMillan
    • Nijholt
    • McKinnon
    • Boyd
    • Other (please mention)

Every single Motherwell player is international class. Have you seen some(most) of the National Sides. "Not international Class" is one of the dumbest comments in football. Have people seen the spectrum for International Football?

As for not being Scotland class, nonsense. Is he or will he be the greatest left back to play for Scotland, probably not but what he has done is play over 400 games at a decent level, more than most and will be, if needed an adequate stand in

Wellfan i can agree with that to a certain degree. I am a massive fan of Steve Hammell and he is a player thats been overlooked in the past cause he didnae play with sevco or the rotten mob but i think he is even comfortable with the back up call up. If he started tomorrow and made an arse of it and it cost us the game every fan, journalist, "pundit" would be slagging Strachen cause he isn't a player fir the ugly sisters ! he would get crucified !!

Wellfan i can agree with that to a certain degree. I am a massive fan of Steve Hammell and he is a player thats been overlooked in the past cause he didnae play with sevco or the rotten mob but i think he is even comfortable with the back up call up. If he started tomorrow and made an arse of it and it cost us the game every fan, journalist, "pundit" would be slagging Strachen cause he isn't a player fir the ugly sisters ! he would get crucified !!

Know I'm tempting fate, but can you think of a player of ours less likely to "make an arse of it"?

Let me start by saying claretband i was not having a go at Hammell when i'm saying "making an arse of it" i wasn't singling him out for ridicule i'm just saying if Hammell was to play any part tomorrow and was blamed for a goal or the lead up to a goal against us etc the media would rip him a new arsehole cause he doesn't play for the auld scum or play in England.

I've never seen a Motherwell player that can kill a ball with one touch the way Hammell does its amazing at times. will sadly admit tho that if i was Scotland boss i'd still pick Lee Wallace in front if Steve, i can't put my finger on why i might have been listening to the SFA PR machine too much but its just the way i see it. Tae be fair tho i'd defiantly put Hammell in before that wank rag Whittaker !! He was shite at Hibs and he is shite now

Always good to see a Motherwell player pulling on the dark blue so hoping Stevie gets a start regardless of the fact it is 5/6 years too late.

Mulgrew is the only real alternative and I would prefer not to split him and Brown in midfield as I think we have stumbled onto something that works there.

Just hope if he plays he gets some cover in front of him and gives a good account of himself.

All the best Stevie. Do us proud!

• Like 1

As for not being Scotland class, nonsense. Is he or will he be the greatest left back to play for Scotland, probably not but what he has done is play over 400 games at a decent level, more than most and will be, if needed an adequate stand in

He also has Scotland U21 experience, Scotland B team experience and full national side experience, probably 20+ Europa League/Champions League matches, plus he's the undisputed left back at the second best team in Scotland.

By the way the other left backs in the SPFL eligible to play for Scotland, that get a regular club game, are Kevin McHattie, Clark Robertson, Tam Scobbie, Graham Shinnie and Aaron Sinclair.

Tell ye what Ya Beezer i would take every single one of they lads at left back before that scudbook Whittaker, i appreciate he getting played out of position on the left but he is shite on the right tae so give one of the lads a shot ! Cannae be worse than that mug

Same old, same old, I know Whittakers down South now but Old Firm (connected) right backs playing left back putting the best left back in Scotland out the team is nothing new with Scotland. Picking lower league players is a new approach to an age old problem. Thnakfully injury prevents us from seeing how the lack of intensity has affected Wallace this time, but sure there will be other opportunities.