1. 1. Who's our best ever LB?

• Hammell
    • Wark
    • McMillan
    • Nijholt
    • McKinnon
    • Boyd
    • Other (please mention)

The beeb don't seem to get anything right with regard to Scottish football, so no surprise to see that he seemingly wasn't even on the bench last night....

Scotland

• 01 McGregor
  • 02 Hutton
  • 03 Mulgrew
  • 07 Brown
  • 04 Martin
  • 05 Hanley
  • 06 Bannan (Burke - 89' )
  • 08 Morrison Booked
  • 09 Naismith
  • 10 Snodgrass (McArthur - 82' )
  • 11 Anya (Dorrans - 77' )

Substitutes

• 12 Marshall
  • 14 McArthur
  • 15 Burke
  • 16 Adam
  • 17 Dorrans
  • 18 Griffiths
  • 19 McCormack
  • 20 Boyd
  • 21 Gilks
  • 22 Greer
  • 23 Bryson

If Hammell hasn't lost his way slightly during his early. 20s, he'd have got a better move than Southend and plenty of Scotland caps.

Fantastic servant to Motherwell, superbly consistent and underestimated technique. However, he hasn't quite reached the heights that his ability merited, particularly in an era where Scotland have been toiling for a left back .

Quite disappointed for Hammell that he didn't get on last night or at any other point in the previous 2 squads he was involved in but to be fair the team had played well. As for whether he was good enough to be there or not I think he was well worth a call up and even if only a short term solution would have been solid if called upon. He's the all time SPL appearance holder playing with, as someone already said, the 2nd best team in Scotland over the last 5 years. Even at 31 the only mistake I can recall him making all this season so far was a miscontrol against Aberdeen that ended up resulting in a penalty for the sheep and in every other game has played well. Great servant, Great player(still) and we are definitely lucky to have had him over the years.

1381934258[/url]' post='397396']

Quite disappointed for Hammell that he didn't get on last night or at any other point in the previous 2 squads he was involved in but to be fair the team had played well. As for whether he was good enough to be there or not I think he was well worth a call up and even if only a short term solution would have been solid if called upon. He's the all time SPL appearance holder playing with, as someone already said, the 2nd best team in Scotland over the last 5 years. Even at 31 the only mistake I can recall him making all this season so far was a miscontrol against Aberdeen that ended up resulting in a penalty for the sheep and in every other game has played well. Great servant, Great player(still) and we are definitely lucky to have had him over the years.

Is it him or Fowler that has the SPL appearance record?

Quite disappointed for Hammell that he didn't get on last night or at any other point in the previous 2 squads he was involved in but to be fair the team had played well.

Yeah, would've been nice to see him on for the last ten minutes at Hampden once the (meaningless anyway) game was pretty much safe. With the focus turning to the next qualifying campaign now, I can't imagine he'll get another chance.