Friday Freebie Against Hibs .

henry

Motherwell FC are today delighted to confirm ticketing information for the Friday night game with Hibs on December 2nd.

Very little beats the atmosphere under the floodlights at Fir Park and the Hibs match promises to be exciting as the SPL tries out the Friday night experiment.

FREE TICKET FOR SEASON BOOK HOLDERS

Following the fantastic support shown by Season Book holders this season, the Club wants to reward members and widen the Motherwell family.

Our goal is to increase the noise, encouragement and support behind manager Stuart McCall and the team – the importance of the 12th man at Fir Park cannot be underestimated, and we all want as big a crowd as possible in the Phil O’Donnell, Cooper and East Stands – we can all play our part.

This match has been designated a ‘Fir Park Football Friday’, and every Season Book holder has the chance to donate a FREE ticket to the game to a supporter of their choosing.

In order to qualify, Season Book holders should provide the following information in an email (or come to the ticket office if easier) to ticketing@motherwellfc.co.uk before 5pm on Monday 28th November 2011:

Season Ticket Member Name:

4-Digit Season Ticket Book Number:

Nominated supporter name:

Nominated supporter address including postcode:

Nominated supporter date of birth:

Nominated supporter email address:

Nominated supporter contact telephone number:

The Club will then send a ticket for the Hibernian match on 2nd December 2011 direct to the supporter nominated.

GATE PRICES REDUCED ACROSS THE GROUND

In addition to the above offer, the club have also reduced ticket prices at the turnstile.

ADULTS/CONCESSIONS: £10 JUVENILES: £5*Concessions are listed as Over 60s and a Full Time Students

*Juveniles are listed as Under 16s

WE ARE MOTHERWELL FC. TOGETHER WE WILL BE STRONGER. PLAY YOUR PART AND FILL THE STADIUM – NOMINATE A NEW FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER NOW!

• Like 4

a cynic would say it totally undermines the results of the Friday night football experiment as a way of increasing crowds

and with it, those in control will claim any boost in the gate as down to their scheduling. despite the presence of what said cycnic would consider no more than a bribe

edit: not me though 8) I trust those in charge up by and would never in anyway doubt that this was always on the table before they volunteered MFC for the experiment :popcorn:

I honestly hope the place is empty.

I hope Friday night football falls on its arse.

I know I will get pelters for saying that, but hey ho.

WORST night of the week for football. F*ck even Saturday night would be better than that.

Is it the worst night of the week for football or for you personally?

Great night for it IMO. Few beers before the game and then again after with the majority not having to worry about work in the morning. I hope the place is bouncing!

• Like 4

Great night for it IMO. Few beers before the game and then again after with the majority not having to worry about work in the morning.

3pm on a Saturday has the same benefits, which I why I don't really see any advantage to Friday nights.

• Like 2

Is it the worst night of the week for football or for you personally?

Both.

to be honest I am just totally scunnered with the constant moving of games. I've said before that I can understand moving for cup games. I can even grudgingly accept that games can be moved for TV, although I hate that too. But moving a game just for the hell of it? nah. The number of games that I have missed / will miss this year due to games being moved has again devalued my season book.

That aside, Friday nights are for going out after work with your work mates, or going out with your partner, or bevvying with your mates. Leave us at least one night a week we can be sure that there won't be a game on. Let people make plans in their lives outwith football. Now there is NO night that you can be sure you can have free in case someone decides, ach lets have a game that night, just for shits and giggles.

3pm on a Saturday has the same benefits, which I why I don't really see any advantage to Friday nights.

suppose we'll see, as the club and league are proposing the experiment to see if crowds might be bigger

oh no wait all thats now been chucked right oot the windae, as they've given away free tickets and halved the gate prices

things like this just completely break down any trust, with the blatant manipulation of direct factors relating to attendance, how can any actual comparisons be made.

I wonder what is the control group, that is being used to measure this against and would love the club and the league to mimic the experiment on a Saturday at 3pm discounts and all

the free tickets and discounted prices are not whats wrong here , its the blatant manipulation of factors to artificially boost the results of an test game on a Friday night

Exactly right.

If I had to bet, I'd say in the long run it wouldn't make much difference. The people that normally can't make Saturday would be offset by the people that can't make Friday night.

I'm all in favour of cutting prices and free tickets though, even if it does screw up the stats.

Both.

to be honest I am just totally scunnered with the constant moving of games. I've said before that I can understand moving for cup games. I can even grudgingly accept that games can be moved for TV, although I hate that too. But moving a game just for the hell of it? nah.

I'd be grateful if someone could pull up the stats for how many games we have had moved this season and last.

The number of games that I have missed / will miss this year due to games being moved has again devalued my season book.

So don't get a season book, pay at the gate.

That aside, Friday nights are for going out after work with your work mates, or going out with your partner, or bevvying with your mates. Leave us at least one night a week we can be sure that there won't be a game on. Let people make plans in their lives outwith football. Now there is NO night that you can be sure you can have free in case someone decides, ach lets have a game that night, just for shits and giggles.

What about Saturday nights for all that stuff?

Friday night is a lot better than 12 noon on a Sunday IMHO. And that is speaking as someone who works 40 miles away or is travelling most of the time inc the Friday in Q when I get back from a short trip to Ireland.

I understand if there are peopple who now cannot make it becuase of this switch. But I like games under the floodlights + it gives us the whole weekend.

Most are probably p1ssed becuase they may end up Xmas shopping on the Saturday with the missus :rolleyes:

I'd be grateful if someone could pull up the stats for how many games we have had moved this season and last.

This season so far (as far as I can see)

Sun 7 Aug 15:00 H Hearts

Sun 21 Aug 14:15 H Rangers

Sat 22 Oct 12:45 H Kilmarnock

Sun 06 Nov 12:00 H Celtic

Fri 02 Dec 19:45 H Hibernian

So out of our 7 home games so far, 5 of them have been moved from Saturday at 3pm.

Strangely though, from what I can see, all of our away SPL games have been Saturdays at 3pm. I wonder why that is? (I genuinely do wonder - its not a dig)

EDIT - Found last years (think I have them all now), I have ignored the Xmas / new year changes)

Sun 15 Aug Hibs H (12:00)

Sun 29 Aug Celtic H (12:00)

Wed 10 Nov St. Johnstone H (19:45)

Tue 14 Dec Hearts H (19:45)

Wed 02 Feb Kilmarnock H (19:45)

Wed 23 Feb St Mirren H (19:45)

Sun 27 Feb Celtic H (12:45)

Wed 06 Apr Dundee Utd. H (19:45)

Sat 30 Apr Rangers H (12:00)

Wed 11 May Kilmarnock H (19:45)

So, more than half of our home games moved away from Saturday at 3pm.

So don't get a season book, pay at the gate.

Your probably right. financially I would be cheaper. but its habit and have friends in the same area each game. Also, I know if I didn't buy a season book, I probably would get out of the habit of going altogether. to be honest every year I consider giving it up, but have always found a reason to buy it again. I am again, already seriously considering giving up the ticket and this Friday night thing - if it becomes a regular feature for us, might just be the final thing to do it.

What about Saturday nights for all that stuff?

Fridays, people tend to be in town at work anyway, so its straight to the pub.
  • Like 1

Well regardless of all the preferences etc the game is a Friday night and I hope we can get the lads the crowd they deserve. I think it is a great gesture by the club and lets hope it pays off with a great result, great game and a GREAT atmosphere. .................... ok ok I'll settle for great result, which is us having at least one goal more than them !

Saturday is a normal working day for a lot of people now, so Friday night football might suit them to get back to watching the well, we need to try something to get the crowds back, so why not this, i hope it works out. Just think you can go to the game and then have all day Saturday for christmas shopping with the wife or girlfriend :whistling:

See on here you hear constantly we should go down the German model - the SPL, do this by having Friday Football, Saturday Football and Sunday Football and people moan!

Football at 3pm on a Saturday is only done in England and Scotland. In Germany they have a night game on a Friday, 2.30pm & 5.30pm KO on a Sat, 2.30pm, 3.30pm and 7.30pm on a Sunday.

The only problem with Friday football was it wasn't decided at the beginning of the season when the fixtures were released. Hopefully when the SPL keep the Friday slot - these fixtures will be decided when the computer decides the fixture lists.

• Like 2