Friday Freebie Against Hibs .

henry

How many away fans are we realistically going to get to this? Will the money spent on merchandise and pies, out way the reduced number of away fans going to the game??

The last direct train to Edinburgh from Motherwell leaves at 21.23, so other than that, its one or two connections to get to Waverley.

Personally I think you need a healthy away support to create any kind of atmosphere. The 'freebies' might be facing a very tame experience.

EDIT - I am looking forward to the game, but like other poster, same initiative on a Saturday might have been better.

I dont want to be negative on what should be a positive thread but I cant quite get my head around this.

I was against the Friday Night Football idea, for various reasons but as it was going ahead anyway I was keen to seen how the experiment would work, and would the attendance actually increase.

Now they go and (very heavily) incentiveise this match, rendering the experiment null and void.

I'm all for making fitba' cheaper and more appealing but why couldnt we have just left this match for teh Saturday and ran with the same incentives??

initially i was against it too.....................but as it approaches, im more for Friday night football - every week! (apart from ICT / Dons)

the only downside for me, as mentioned above, is the incentive now in place. Dont get me wrong, its good that the club had made this offer - but it certainly detracts from the initial proposal as its far from like for like now

The pricing incentive prevents any meaningful findings from our participation in the Friday night games however the atmsophere generated may encourage greaters numbers to be interested in Friday evening games in the future.

As for the Hibs support, I think they will come through in healthy numbers if they make a half decent managerial appointment beforehand.

i took advantage of the buy an adult season ticket, get a child one free..............

does this mean I can get another 2 free tickets for the Hibs game? the reason I ask is that there is no name on the kids ticket,- as it was just handed to me at the ticket office - but thats one of the fields needing to be completed in the email to the club

anyone know????

I dont want to be negative on what should be a positive thread but I cant quite get my head around this.

I was against the Friday Night Football idea, for various reasons but as it was going ahead anyway I was keen to seen how the experiment would work, and would the attendance actually increase.

Now they go and (very heavily) incentiveise this match, rendering the experiment null and void.

I'm all for making fitba' cheaper and more appealing but why couldnt we have just left this match for teh Saturday and ran with the same incentives??

Totally agree with this. Maybe its a ploy by Motherwell to get back at the SPL by fucking up their experiment, like they've fucked about with us by moving kick off times and giving us an uneven split of games in the 09/10 season which possibly cost us 4th place.

see instead of slating the club for heavily incentivising the Friday night football......here's a novel idea........why don't we just wait and see what the attendance is ???

I'm sure the club will be able to furnish us with the numbers of free tickets given out, and the number of pay at the gate punters, so it wont be hard to work out whether it was a success or not.

does no-one think that the club wouldn't have given very careful consideration before offering these incentives ???....of course they would !

I like my 3pm Saturday kick-offs as much as the next man......but I'm open minded enough to try different days and kick-off times if it means an increase in punters through the gate at Fir Park.

initially there may be no financial gain (short term gate money) , but if you need to increase the "bums on seats " figure, then maybe a sustained period of incentives are the way to go ??

I'm neither in 1 camp nor the other, but I'll wait till we at least see if the night is a success or not before making any un-founded judgements or accusations.

• Like 1

as a follower of southend united many of their gsames in the 70's and 80's were played on a friday night. This was to get a better crowd as people travelled to watch WEst ham, chelsea, spurs etc in London, so yopu can see the similarities. It did work but football was cheaper then and many people could follow 2 teams. The atmosphere on friday nights was great under the lights so much better than a saturday. anyway give it a go and then see, nmany of the wells great game shave been under floodlights have they not

I for one congratulate the SPL (aye ah ken, world's first) for thinking outside the square rectangle and also the club for embracing the Friday night gemme and coming up with some ideas how to entice people along.

I am a football traditionalist and was trying to remember the first time I went to a game (born '67) that did not kick-off at 3pm Saturday. Sure it wisny afore 1990.

I remember seeing the BBC documentary on the Clydebank Blitz of 1941 and there was a guy saying he was a kid at the time and his kid brother was "playing with a potato" when a bomb crashed through their tenament. For forms of entertainment, you had the wireless (still got that), playing outside (sort of still got that if you can dodge the cars) and playing with root vegetables!

But guess what, nowadays there's a myriad of ways to spend your entertainment sheckle and fitba at the current price level and perceived value is probably further down the totem pole than the effing X-factor.

At a tenner for an adult admission, now the match is at a price level where it's somewhat affordable and I hope we can get at least 7000 there officially.

Reason gemmes started at 3pm Saturday in the 1880's and beyod is cos men (for it was them) worked a half-day on Saturday and it gave time for most away supporters who wanted to travel the time to get to the match.

Fitba as a business is no different to any other in that it has to adapt to the times and search for ways to be profitable.

Well done the club and let's embrace this in a positive fashion. Time and tide wait for no club.

• Like 1

In AUS we have the Friday, Saturday, Sunday fixtures......If you are a fan of Brisbane Roar and they are playing at home Suncorp Stadium and you are taking public transport to and from the game your travel is FREE! Thats free travel on BUS, FERRY and TRAIN.:yahoo: You can have a beer watching the game(sadly you pay for food and drink)

The stewards and police are friendly :thumbup:

• Like 1

Bit of a ball ache for me. Can't make it down from Aberdeen for a Friday night and combined with Sunday lunchtime games is a few missed from ST Book. However, can see where the SPL/Club is coming from and anything to improve attendances is fine by me. Just need to find a job in Motherwell!!!:whistling:

A job in Motherwell ? Aye right . Next you ll be lookin for a virgin in Newarthill :blink:

• Like 1

In AUS we have the Friday, Saturday, Sunday fixtures......If you are a fan of Brisbane Roar and they are playing at home Suncorp Stadium and you are taking public transport to and from the game your travel is FREE! Thats free travel on BUS, FERRY and TRAIN.:yahoo: You can have a beer watching the game(sadly you pay for food and drink)

The stewards and police are friendly :thumbup:

Aye that maybe right , but if you want to watch the well ........your in the wrong fu**ing country.:nod:

Great move by the club in my opinion. If they advertise this well there should be a good crowd at this game.

Lets see claret and amber at the busy shopping areas of Lanarkshire handing out flyers for this one.

Lets see claret and amber at the busy shopping areas of Lanarkshire handing out flyers for this one.

You wanting to see them mugged and beaten up ? :O

If they take your advice i hope they take this new "iron man" character as hauners.