Friday Freebie Against Hibs .

henry

Working outside in a brilliant sunny day or standing in the dole queue in the pishing rain. Hmmm what was that about the wrong country?

Aye again !! but your still not watching the WELL .It may be pishing of rain and windy as fuck,but i bet you wish you could watch the WELL !! in the flesh ! 3rd FORCE :cheers:

Aye again !! but your still not watching the WELL .It may be pishing of rain and windy as fuck,but i bet you wish you could watch the WELL !! in the flesh ! 3rd FORCE :cheers:

Having been a season ticket holder for more years than i care to remember there's nothing i miss more than going to see the boys do their stuff on the park but missing 90mins a week is a small proce to pay for spending the rest of the week with a much better lifestyle than i could ever have hoped for back in Lanarkshire.

Having been a season ticket holder for more years than i care to remember there's nothing i miss more than going to see the boys do their stuff on the park but missing 90mins a week is a small proce to pay for spending the rest of the week with a much better lifestyle than i could ever have hoped for back in Lanarkshire.

Much the same here Ian...and I think for others who now live and work overseas... still there's always MFCTV :evilgrin:

Aye i can see the attraction , small price to pay not seeing the well. :drinks:

Here's a novel approach, why not try a price reduction and freebies for Saturday 3pm games and see how that goes once we're done this Friday one.

Honest to God where have you been, in the past the club gave school kids free tickets, adults in for £5 and also quite a few times kids in for £1 AND AGAIN kids in for free for ST holders. WHERE THE FOOK HAVE YOU BEEN???? All of these were a sat BTW.

I can see the clubs logic a mile away cant you?

Its coming to Christmas, attendances are always down with crimbo shopping, so its a fri night game no shopping like a sat afternoon. So bring on the freebies when people are able to take them? Important game and right result we might just might get some back. However sitting 3rd WTF more do we have to do. Quite simply they would rather watch the auld scum.

It's worthwhile as an experiment but I'd say that unless it attracts significantly more supporters than a Saturday game we should stick to Saturdays.

I won't not go to any match I can get along to but it does seem like a bit of a pain. I work in Glasgow and I don't get back to Motherwell until between 6 - 6.30pm so its not especially convenient for me and I suspect many others. It will be interesting to see how many supporters Hibs bring along, as their support is dwindling by the week regardless of kick off times!

It's worthwhile as an experiment but I'd say that unless it attracts significantly more supporters than a Saturday game we should stick to Saturdays.

But you can't draw a comparison when prices are pegged at a tenner and numerous freebies are being handed out. Do the same for a Saturday fixture and I'm sure you'll see a sginificant rise so any comparisons drawn will be void

Honest to God where have you been, in the past the club gave school kids free tickets, adults in for £5 and also quite a few times kids in for £1 AND AGAIN kids in for free for ST holders. WHERE THE FOOK HAVE YOU BEEN???? All of these were a sat BTW.

I can see the clubs logic a mile away cant you?

Its coming to Christmas, attendances are always down with crimbo shopping, so its a fri night game no shopping like a sat afternoon. So bring on the freebies when people are able to take them? Important game and right result we might just might get some back. However sitting 3rd WTF more do we have to do. Quite simply they would rather watch the auld scum.

That went right over your head didn't it? :laugh:

:thumbup:

But you can't draw a comparison when prices are pegged at a tenner and numerous freebies are being handed out. Do the same for a Saturday fixture and I'm sure you'll see a sginificant rise so any comparisons drawn will be void

It'll be interesting to see if the attendances at these Friday night games will be wheeled out without mention of the freebies involved.

Didn't Aberdeen play a Friday night game? Did anything similar happen there regarding ticket pricing and the like?

Anybody got their free ticket? Or there nominated mate got theirs?

Deadline was Monday evening, so I'd guess process on Tuesday, post Wednesday, arrive Thursday?

Can't complain, as it's a free ticket, but cutting a bit fine if they weren't posted for Thursday delivery. I know I for one probably won't be going home after work on Friday, and it would be a PR catastrophe if they didn't arrive on time!!

I won't not go to any match I can get along to but it does seem like a bit of a pain. I work in Glasgow and I don't get back to Motherwell until between 6 - 6.30pm so its not especially convenient for me and I suspect many others. It will be interesting to see how many supporters Hibs bring along, as their support is dwindling by the week regardless of kick off times!

its bad english grammar to use a double negative!!!!!! Anyway, to quote what you have said about going straight to the game and to quote David below - i think thats part of the problem for Motherwell FC. With Aberdeen - an extremely high % of their fan base will live and work in Aberdeen - the same can not be said of our support. I would guess that the vast majority of our support commute to Glasgow / Edinburgh / Livi. The other advantage that Aberdeen has is due to the nature of the work up there - oil&gas/fishing/dairy - they either finish early enough to get home or they work a "9 day fortnight" - meaning they could potentially be off on a friday anyway.

Didn't Aberdeen play a Friday night game?

and it would be a PR catastrophe if they didn't arrive on time!!

The people I have put forward have not yet received their ticket...............and as Ya Beezer mentioned above, lots of folk may well be going straight to the game. It would be extremely embarrasing for the club if this happened. Why should someone pay £10 to watch the game, if they have been offered the chance to watch it for free?

I'm hoping that over the course of the day more people post to say tickets have been falling through the letter box - i'm coming round to the fact that Friday's at Fir Park could be good. Few beers before the game, everyone in jovial spirits, increases the atmosphere and for the socialites amongst us, its not too late to head out for a few more beers after the game.