Motherwell Vs Hibs Discussion Thread

Well 4 Europe

Rangers still on 61 points - wishful thinking from Aunty Beeb :wank:

Weird. Accessing it from the US (which serves some different pages) Rangers have been on 51 points since the day of the deduction. Just checked again and it still reads 51.

The SPL table via the red button on the bbc channels read it as 51 points as well, which makes it even wierder.

Still showing 61 here in Ireland too, but did see a tweet from the Beeb yesterday acknowledging the "technical problem"...

EDIT: If I click the "view full table" link, that does show them on 51...

EDIT 2: And weirdly, having done that, it now shows them on 51 on the home page, too.

Would be great to get all 3 points in this one. I hope McCall doesn't put Hately into midfield to cover Lasley and move Clancy to RB.

My team would be:

Rand

Hately - Hutch - Clancey - Hammell

Murphy - Jenno - Law - Humph

---------Obamma - Higdon--------

Pretty much the team I would go for aswell. Think OJ's ability to create space would free up room for Hump. Would stop reams doubling up on him and allow his pace tO cause probs.

Actually cannot wait for this game.

Would anyone else like to see Forbes step in?

I wouldn't mind but carswell is ahead of him in the pecking order.

Looking forward to the game. Hopefully we get to see the hibs that get pumped most weeks. Their two performances at FP must rate amongst their best of the season. If we are on our game though, we should blow them away.

I'd be fairly happy with the draw, said on Friday I'd be happy with 4 points from 6 with these two games.

Anyways, according to the BBC website, we've got no chance of catching Rangers :whistling:

88835573.png

Rangers still on 61 points - wishful thinking from Aunty Beeb :wank:

also acordin to the beeb, we were 2-0 up at HT but were winnin 1-0 at the time :huh:

EDIT: I'd post the pic i took of it, but it won't let me :blink:

Would be great to get all 3 points in this one. I hope McCall doesn't put Hately into midfield to cover Lasley and move Clancy to RB.

My team would be:

Rand

Hately - Hutch - Clancey - Hammell

Murphy - Jenno - Law - Humph

---------Obamma - Higdon--------

When has Humphrey ever played down the left? Usually when Murphy and Humphrey both played, Murphy played left and Humphrey played right.

I'm also not sure about Law in a central position where his form hasn't been great.

I'd keep Law on the left and bring in a central midfielder. There is no direct replacement for Lasley but I'd go for Forbes because he is more experienced and seems to have more of an attacking style to his play which is a better match for Lasley than Carswell who seems to be more in the defensive Jennings mold.

-----------------RANDOLPH-------------

HATELEY--HUTCHINSON---CLANCEY--HAMMELL

MURPHY---JENNINGS-----FORBES---LAW----

---------HIGDON-------OJAMAA----------

I think with that line up you have the minimum of change from the side that has done so well recently.

• Like 1

I think we should win but I believe it may be trickier than perhaps the respective league positions suggest it should be.

I would hope for a fast start from us to give Hibs and what's expected to be a really healthy travelling support as little encouragement as possible. Whereas in current circumstances they might be travelling to the shire with maybe 500 or so tops, the fact there will be a couple of thousand cheering them on could go two ways. It could either be a seeping pore of negativity if we could have a fast start or an extra man if they get their noses in front.

I'm ever wary also of Garry O'Connor who regardless of his, Hibs or Motherwell's form always seems to be something of a thorn in our side.

Ofcourse with our own form we should be going into it in full confidence and in no way should we be overly fearful of Hibs.

Team selection is an interesting one. I would be disappointed if McCall chose to break up the existing back four after three successive clean sheets. Further to that since the Dunfermline game Randolph has only beaten by two top class strikes and a penalty and clearly his defence have contributed to that.

Assuming he does indeed stick with the current defence the most obvious change for me is one that a few have already stated that being Carswell for Lasley. Again it would seem odd to move Nicky Law centrally when he's suddenly added goals to his game from out wide. Whilst I wouldn't be too upset to see Ross Forbes get a chance I thought it significant that when we dropped to 5 subbies for the Cup game it was Carswell and not Forbes who got the nod for the bench. Chuck in the fact that Carswell has signed that new deal and I think the momentum lies with him rather than Rossco.

Scoreline 2-1 'Well with Higgy and Henrik on the scoresheet, O'Connor for them.

Straight swap Carswell for Lasley - that's it.

No fucking about with the defence.

LEAVE IT AS IT IS!

Agree with that Steve, only issue is what we do in midfield. Do we move Nicky Law central after his fine second half on Saturday, or does either Forbes or Carswell come straight in? Nice to have options! Personally I'd bring Carswell straight in, it's the easiest option.

The only worry for me ahead of Wednesday is that we're due a bad one and surely Hibs canny be any worse??!!! Any sort of win and I'll be happy, but I'll predict a 3-1 win with Higgy and the Sheriff doing the damage.

There seems to be general consensus that carswell should come straight in to the team on wednesday. Has anyone actually watched him this season? I'm all for the progression of youths into the first team but after watching him in a few bounce / reserve games this season I'm not convinced he's ready. McCall seems to trust hately and law in that position before him and personally I would too.