Motherwell Vs Hibs Discussion Thread

Well 4 Europe

i think that the talk of the stands being sold out is because the club is assuming that every season ticket voucher will be used and that every voucher handed out on the night will be redeemed for a ticket so they've have put aside seats for this but I'm not sure if everyone expected to turn up actually will - although I hope they do!

nail on head - the stands will not be full

if you want in, it might be worth risking hanging about the east stand or keep checking here for those with spares. You might get lucky and get in. Every season ticket holder has two tickets - so it wont be full, although I don't think the club can possibly come out and officially say that

Every season ticket holder has two tickets

No they don't!

Your Voucher H (in the book) will get you directly in to the ground - no need to exchange.

Match Abandoned vouchers MUST be exchanged at the Ticket Office prior to entering the stadium.

At the moment, there is genuinely (not held back etc) a few 100 seats left unclaimed (i.e. not Season Ticket seats) in both the Cooper and East Stands as people come and exchange vouchers (and have been over the past few weeks).

Still plenty of space in the POD Stand North and South wings though.

I don't think we should go to the game thinking all we have to do is turn up and the win is ours. It worries me when 'Well fans are over confident!

Me too. Also Hibs have had 2 decent performances and clean sheets outwith the Old Firm hammerings. More often that not there front players cause us bother, particulary at FP.

If we play well we should do the business but Hibs have plenty to play for.

I'm pretty confident. Even though they beat Killie a couple of weeks ago, they were absolutely boggin, against a Kilmarnock that couldn't score. Outside of that and the Aberdeen game, they're still conceding like mad.

twitter said 100 tickets left last night.

possibly only singles left?

Yip. Just picked up tickets for the main stand and was told there's only a small handful of single seats in East and Cooper. About 500 home tickets left overall and Hibs expected to bring 2000-2500.

I always find it hard to get particularly excited about big crowds at Fir Park. It generally just means massive queues to get in, no pies by the 10 minute mark, folk deciding to sit/stand where they always do despite their tickets being for elsewhere (admittedly that will include me), other folk getting pissed off that these folk are in their seats, the atmosphere being an anti-climax as there's still just the same folk singing, and, ultimately, usually a defeat for Motherwell. :lol:

Still, good to have potentially a five digit number to band about next time the Currant Buns claim we need them to feed off their big away supports. And hopefully those who are turning up but don't usually bother will be impressed enough by our stunning march to Champions League football that they come back.