Motherwell Vs Hibs Discussion Thread

Well 4 Europe

Fantastic win last night. Just fantastic. It was great to see Higdon score a hat-trick. As for his overhead kick....:yahoo: It was also good to see the ground as full as it was.

It feels great that we are 12 points ahead of Hearts and just 3 behind Rangers. Bring on Celtic and our quest for 2nd place. Mon the 'well!

still slevering over the result last night - well chuffed.

4 wins ahead with what, 11 games of the season left? 33 points left to play for I think?

That's a great cushion to have and I can't see Hearts not dropping points and St Johnstone too, they are pretty erratic this season.

Lots of confidence around here today but I think our upcoming games to the split are quite difficult.

First of all we have both the Old Firm. That's always going to be difficult even with Rangers in administration.

Secondly we have Kilmarnock who have been a difficult opponent this season for us and we've been perhaps fortunate to get the 2 points off them we have. Aberdeen are also much improved and currently in the 'form' league table are fourth behind us and the Old Firm. Aberdeen have been keeping a lot of clean sheets lately and could be a difficult nut to crack especially if the crowds are getting a bit excitable.

Then there is Hibernian and Dunfermline. We've beaten both recently but with the relegation battle getting serious now both teams will be giving their all to stay up, especially in front of their home fans. Definately an opportunity to get away points but I don't think anyone should be counting on wins before we've actually earned them.

I agree with Diggle, 8 points from those games would be a decent aggregate.

Delighted with the game last night. Couple of points, other than the ones before me.

Clancy was a bit hot-cold I thought. Obviously his mistake will be highlighted, I thought he should have been off with his two footer in the 2nd half on Osbourne. It's one of those where I think it's a good tackle but players know the risk that they could get sent off. Oh and he also loves a diving header to clear the ball!

How did Scott not get a red for the elbow on Hammell. I know when you jump you need leverage, but it seemed to be a straight forward decision. I suppose you could also say that the ref did well allowing 11v11 but the inconsistency is there as per.

And Ojamaa's stepovers in the corner - superb!

Great game for a neutral, not for a Motherwell/Hibs fans' life expectancy.

How does a booking on Saturday rule Lasley out, does he not have a clean slate now he's been given a two match ban?

Clancy did have a mare last night, but most of his mistakes are born from things Craigan wouldn't dare try. You have to ask yourself which you would rather have. Take Hibs' first goal last night for example, Craigan would have put that ball into the Phil O'Donnell stand. I know Clancy messed up last night, but on another day that header could reach Randolph and he could have found someone quickly and we'd be on the ascendency whereas had it been Craigan, Hibs would still have a shy in a relatively dangerous area.

Higdon was superb it must be said, not just in terms of goals. His link up play was superb, killed so many balls on his chest and picked out passes, won flicks on and there were people there. That's the rewards you get when you play him as a target man in a 4-4-2, the formation he's suited too. Was delighted to see him get his name sung- just gutted the guy behind me who gives him dogs abuse wasn't there to be silenced.

Clancy did have a mare last night, but most of his mistakes are born from things Craigan wouldn't dare try. You have to ask yourself which you would rather have. Take Hibs' first goal last night for example, Craigan would have put that ball into the Phil O'Donnell stand.

That's where you should've stopped on that subject. Clancy is a bit of a bombscare and if a player has the better of him he has no qualms about halfing them or pulling away and fouling. He has also put in his fair share of dirty challenges as well. I'd rather Craigan pumps the ball out the park and lets the team get back and organise than whatever the fuck that was last night from Clancy.

• Like 1

Disagree completely, im a big fan of Clancy and i'd have him in ahead of Craigan every time. (a reflection of my opinion on Clancy rather than a poor opinion of Craigan). On the contrary I don't think he's a bombscare at all, I think he's confident on the ball and has footballing ability to back it up, and isn't afraid to take it under pressure. He actually reminds me a bit of the Kaiser.

He brings so much to the team and a great balance to our backline. Sure the first goal last night was his mistake, but it was just an under-hit pass...they can happen to anyone.

Clancy has come in and done well and deserved to keep his place but maybe last night was a bit of a wake up call.

With all due respect to the likes of Hearts and St. Mirren they do not have quality strikers in the mold of Griffiths and O'Connor and have struggled to score generally this season. Maybe these teams have made Clancy look a bit better than he is due to their paucity up front.

I'm not saying Craigan should or shouldn't come back in for the next match but away from all the hoopla of winning last night conceding three goals at home to the joint bottom team in the league isn't that great and the defence was poor, with Clancy being the poorest.

McCall has something to think about for the weekend.

Perhaps Clancy deserves the benefit of the doubt but let's remember we won't be up against Obua and Templeton at the weekend, or Thompson and Imrie.

highlights on bbc well 4 hibs 3

commentator sounds as though he couldnt be arsed try and at least sound excited

One of the many problems with the BBC highlights these days, the commentary is being done by a guy in a studio the next day who usually wasn't even at the game, pretending that he was. Would be better just dubbing on their live radio commentary a lot of the time, at least you're getting genuine reactions with that.

Clancy just sold Randolph short by about a yard, Craigan would've buried that.

Can we just think back to September when Craigan got roasted not once but twice in the same move and conceded against Hibs. And back to last year at Easter Road when Craigan miss-hit a ball out the air to play in Riordan and had them the points. And those are just against Hibs.

I like Craigan, but Clancy's not even in the same league of bombscare. And he can actually play a bit.

• Like 1

I thought he should have been off with his two footer in the 2nd half on Osbourne. It's one of those where I think it's a good tackle but players know the risk that they could get sent off. Oh and he also loves a diving header to clear the ball!

The idiots who sit behind me thought this was a fair tackle, :doh: one of the clowns wasn't in his usual seat, and sat directly behind me, if MFC want to improve the matchday experience they should run nightclasses teaching our less enlightened fans the fucking rules