Motherwell Vs Hibs Discussion Thread

Well 4 Europe

do you think our failure to score at home could be at all connected to the fact we continually pass the ball out wide to humphrey and he hasn't set up a goal so far season?

Yes thats right, Its Humphrey to blame of course, i was waiting for that. Why dont you write to McCall and tell him that then.. He clearley rates the lad, hence they drop him and he is straight back in the next week. . Because without him it was awfull.

But you right he has not performed to his best yet, but like i always tell you, if he is on the pitch he will create the space for others.

Murphy has been great this season aswell has he not ? No he hasnt.... Thats why he was dropped last week. The team is doing well.

Hateley and Humphrey work better together than any combination down the right hand side, Thus Tom Hateley getting more assists than any other player in the team.

Steelboy when i see players at the club doing better than Humphrey (on the right) ill agree, but we look weaker without him in the team.

Maybe a better centre forward.... or a better creative midfielder.... No we dont score because of Humphrey, Not Murphy.... Humphrey.

Typical.

Yes thats right, Its Humphrey to blame of course, i was waiting for that. Why dont you write to McCall and tell him that then.. He clearley rates the lad, hence they drop him and he is straight back in the next week. . Because without him it was awfull.

But you right he has not performed to his best yet, but like i always tell you, if he is on the pitch he will create the space for others.

Murphy has been great this season aswell has he not ? No he hasnt.... Thats why he was dropped last week. The team is doing well.

Hateley and Humphrey work better together than any combination down the right hand side, Thus Tom Hateley getting more assists than any other player in the team.

Steelboy when i see players at the club doing better than Humphrey (on the right) ill agree, but we look weaker without him in the team.

Maybe a better centre forward.... or a better creative midfielder.... No we dont score because of Humphrey, Not Murphy.... Humphrey.

Typical.

typical was waiting on that, somebody questions Humphrey and you bring Murphy into it

in fact all of that is a load of nonsense

it wasn't awful without him, we won 2-1

it was fuckin awful when he came back in, I'm not saying it was his fault just pointing out your spouting pish

Saunders or Clancy and Hately work best together on the right hand side

because as you point out Hately can deliver a cross more often than Humphrey

Typical

PS Motherwell 2 Hibs 2 (Hutch n Hump)

not sure about this friday football on one hand im missing out when i could have made saturday and on the other hand its good my dad who works every saturday and most midweeks is actually going to make it his first game since we beat hearts 1-0 in a scottish cup replay thanks to a mccormack pen after that crazy comeback at tynie in the o'donnell game. Can't please everyone i guess.

As for the game hope we actually get to see a home fucking goal seems like ages

Good post this one, it does make sense, and we would still have the threat of awsome pace.

Is that the awesome pace that we used to have, but that Humphrey either can't or doesn't use anymore? Chasing a through-ball on Saturday, Gavin Gunning beasted right past him as if he wasn't even trying, when Humphrey was at full pelt.

McCall obviously has his tactical reasons, but I'd love to see Murphy playing in the hole behind Higdon. That way, we could still keep roughly the same shape, but give a little more support to our front man.

Hopeful that we won't suffer the new-manager effect in Fri and win by a couple.

its hard to criticise the team when we are sitting clear in 3rd. but as has been mentioned so many times, there are clearly some problems with firepower at home. what we all need to accept these days is that other teams are quite happy to come to Fir Park, sit in (park the bus) and take a point - thats a good result for them! (so its a back handed compliment)

we need to try and be more creative, we need to learn how to shoot - if you dont shoot, you dont score!! we might get a cheeky deflection like Charlie Adam the other day against Chelsea, we might get a corner from it - we might even score! But if we dont take that chance - we will never know. Too often we focus on playing the ball out wide, whilst i dont really have a problem with that, 2 things need to happen - we need to get bodies in the box and it needs to be a good delivery - neither have been very good this season(at home)

I would really like Hughes to play tomorrow, but IMO it cant be a straight swap from Las - he doesnt have the workrate in him.

I'm reasonably happy that we have a degree of patience in our play, and we don't resort to aimless balls in the general diirection of Higgy. However, I do feel we need to shoot on sight a bit more, as part of our problem at home has been, for me, the lack of on target attempts we have over 90 minutes.

Team-wise I don't envisage many changes. Obvioulsy Las will be out, but I wonder who will get the nod between Hump, Murph and Omar? 2 out of the 3 will feature but it's hard to say who exactly. Personally I'd go with Hump and Murph as both have roasted the Hibee defence at times this season. Omar would be a good sub to bring on to run at tired legs later in proceedings.

The only worry for me is if the Hibee attack clicks, and the 'new manager syndrome' pays off for the. However, an early goal from us and we could enjoy a comfortable night.

I'll say 2-0 Well, with Higgy and Murph on target.