"i Made An Arse Of It"( In The First Half)......mcmghee Admits

PettyWulliegrew

Well nearly...................

"We struggled in the first half after we lost the goal, we couldn't get any rhythm at all.

"In the first half when our play was breaking down, it was largely to do with the pitch. It slowed down our play. "We reshaped at half-time and it worked better. Cillian Sheridan made a great contribution.

I thought we were playing against the "Mauld Firm"when i saw the team sheet.........

or did "Dingus " have a bet on the draw :wallbash:

He certainly did make a right feck up of the first half.

He is lucky we got a draw or the vitriol would be much worse.

What the hell was he thinking about. From the minute I saw the team sheet (in hospitality) I had a bad feeling. I could not understand why we had only one recognised striker on the pitch. Jesus Christ at home to St Mirren :huh:

I rate McGhee highly but today he made a pigs ear of it and we were lucky to get away with it. He would have been off my xmas card list had we lost.

Stick to what you know works and stop experimenting in the Scottish Cup :lol:

Think most of us were stunned when the team was read out - how on earth we can only play 1 recognised forward against poorish opposition defied belief :lol:

However, as said, the half time change fairly changed our approach and yet another game that we completely dominate.

Slightly worrying though that for the 3rd such game in a row, we only have a draw to show for it at the end of 90mins.

Very promising start for big Sheridan.

MON RA DOSSERS

Very disappointed with today as the cup is shaping up nicely if you get a lil luck and avoid the Scum. Blame sits squarely with Mcghee and am baffled as to what he was trying to achieve and why he never thru on Sutton as well when we were looking to kill them off in the second part of the second half :lol:

No matter how well things have been going over the last year an a half McGhee has had the tendacy to make strange changes that seem to make no sense and disrupt the flow of the team. Dundee in the cup last year, Nancy at home immediately spring to mind.

No matter how well things have been going over the last year an a half McGhee has had the tendacy to make strange changes that seem to make no sense and disrupt the flow of the team. Dundee in the cup last year, Nancy at home immediately spring to mind.

Well said Jonesy.

When we went to France in the EUFA we were at least hoping for an away goal but not with the formation he played. (Shame you couldn't make it to Nancy Jonesy). :P

The home leg was even worse.

Todays formation is the most puzzling formation ever.

ONE STRIKER AGAINST ST. MIRREN IN THE SCOTTISH CUP AT FIR PARK?????????????

I felt as if he wasn't bothered about winning the game and I don't think I was the only one.

There was more atmosphere on the moon than was at Fir Park today and for a cup game too.

Horses for courses? Had it drummed into us as kids, YOU DON'T CHANGE A WINNING TEAM. A boot in the sandy shaws for Sutton IMHO.

Pleased with the formation change, Sheridan will contribute more, though after getting back into the game and the one way traffic we enjoyed, we didn't create nearly enough.

No doubt about it our Leader made a right bollocks of his tactics for yesterday's game. He termed it a 4-3-3 but IMO with 4 midfield players on from the start it was really 4-5-1. When you add that the only player starting with any sort of a regular goalscoring history (Clarkson) was being used as a target man then it was a recipe for trouble. It shouldn't have taken until half-time to sort it either.

St Mirren are nothing special with only 19 goals scored in 24 league games but they are defensively solid with the 4th best defensive record in the league. Their tactics were simple but on a shocker of a pitch they were very effective. Long ball up to two big strikers who knocked it down for midfield runners. No messing about playing their way up the park for them as they determined to start playing their football about 20 yards from our goal.

The Leader needs to stop mucking about and play his strongest side in its strongest formation from the beginning in every game.

I'm sure we'd have won if we had played two centre forwards from the start (either Sutton or Sheridan). I don't know why he would have changed formation after the performance at Hibs when we should have won.

As I see it the team that started was neither equipped to play open football (albeit that would be nigh near impossible on a shocking surface) or equipped to play the long ball. Thats what puzzled me most. I assumed and still do that it was picked with the intention of bottling up midfield.

By bringing Keith Lasley in alongside Maros Klimpl that upset the midfield balance. Both are defensive central midfielders and do not play well together. Its not rocket science.

The fact the MMcG did only play with 1 striker wasnt the problem. Its the problem that Clarkson was the lonely striker!

He can not play this kind of striker and he should know that.

As a single striker you needot be able to control the ball and pass it, surely 2 things that Clarkson lacks off.

He looked much, much better in the 2nd half.