• Carluke and surrounding villages
    • Somewhere else in Lanarkshire not mentioned
    • Glasgow/Dunbartonshire/Renfrewshire
    • Edinburgh and Lothians
    • Fife and Tayside
    • Ayrshire
    • Somewhere else in Scotland
    • Outwith Scotland

Overspill from another thread and possibly from the Kenny Shiels thread to, but its something I've always been interested in and not being from Motherwell myself I'm keen to know what percentage of our support is originally from Motherwell and what percentage of our support currently resides within the town itself.

• Like 6

and none fae Motherwell so far :doh:

its alright Fatcalf will be along in a minute and get the whole family to log in and vote :ph34r:

gonna be quite skewed as it is only really representative of steelmenonline users as opposed to 'Well fans but it'll be interesting in a sad kinda way :cheers:

gonna be quite skewed as it only really representative of steelmenonline users as opposed to 'Well fans but it'll be interesting in a sad kinda way

Very true. I imagine there is a bigger percentage of non-locals on here.

For me, I was born in Dunblane, moved to Hamilton when I was 4, and now fall in the "Outwith" category.

Born in Lanark, I lived in Shotts until I was almost a year old before moving to Motherwell ...... so I put Shotts.

However, maybe your final statistics could have been more interesting if the top section was where did you live when you became a Motherwell fan ......... in which case I would have put Motherwell.

Born in Aberdeen Royal Infirmary. Now live on the other side of the city. I don't support my local team, no. My mum's side of the family are all Motherwell supporters. Running round my granda's garden pretending I was Dougie Arnott in my full Motherwell kit that Santa brought me, I've been a 'Well fan ever since.

I was always the odd one out at school. :cry:

• Like 1

motherwell maternity, ladywell, dalziel.

for people to say the majority of our support don't come from motherwell is daft. it seemed like half of motherwell was in nancy

just to look at it another way when i was at dalziel i'd say there were more motherwell fans than rangers fans. i believe braidhurst is generally the same and our lady's has obviously mainly celtic with a spattering of well fans.

what are schools in the surronding areas like?

Another Motherwell Maternity baby before the folks got a house in Viewpark. Schooled at Burnhead and Uddy Grammar with a few Well fans. Travels started with Uni in Stirling before work took me to Warsaw > Crawley > Warsaw (again) and now settled in Carfin with a view of the South Stand. Always enjoy heading for a night game when you see the floodlights almost all the way from home to Fir Park :thumbup:

motherwell maternity, ladywell, dalziel.

for people to say the majority of our support don't come from motherwell is daft. it seemed like half of motherwell was in nancy

just to look at it another way when i was at dalziel i'd say there were more motherwell fans than rangers fans. i believe braidhurst is generally the same and our lady's has obviously mainly celtic with a spattering of well fans.

Would agree with that. When I was at Knowetop/Dalziel the majority folk supported Motherwell.

Edit: or at least went to the games no matter who they say they support now.

what are schools in the surronding areas like?

I went to uddy grammar, and was 90% rangers, there was only a handful of 'well fans in my year, a couple of girls who still go to the games, very few guys. Seemed to be more 'well fans in other years, as viewpark BBs was not far off 50/50 Motherwell and rangers.

its alright Fatcalf will be along in a minute and get the whole family to log in and vote :ph34r:

gonna be quite skewed as it is only really representative of steelmenonline users as opposed to 'Well fans but it'll be interesting in a sad kinda way :cheers:

That's ma 6 votes cast :thumbup:

Motherwell born and bred and hopefully die, nowhere else I'd rather be. Probably in a minority but this shitehole is ma shitehole and I love it tae bits.:yahoo: