• Carluke and surrounding villages
    • Somewhere else in Lanarkshire not mentioned
    • Glasgow/Dunbartonshire/Renfrewshire
    • Edinburgh and Lothians
    • Fife and Tayside
    • Ayrshire
    • Somewhere else in Scotland
    • Outwith Scotland

Born and bred in Strathaven, still there yet. Followed the well like the rest of the family. Suprisingly a fair number of 'Well fans up here. Even at Strathaven Academy with all the spoilt brats I was one of about 30 in the year who supported Motherwell, the rest were current buns or didnt really care, not many celtic fans, most went to Holy Cross in Hamilton.

Born in Bellshill, stayed in Holytown till just after my second birthday, then moved to Coltness, where I have been since.

In my school I was definitely in the minority. As you can imagine St. Aidan's was loitered with Celtic fans, in my year at school, of those who liked football, there were two out and out Rangers fan, one who sat on the fence between Rangers and Motherwell, as he was playing pro youth with us at the time, three Motherwell fans and the rest were all Celtic fan.

Never let the peer pressure get anywhere near me though and "Skippy Monday" probably ranks with the best school days I've ever had. Motherwell 'till I die!

Now that schools have been brought into it ................ went to Knowetop then Dalziel.

Moved from Motherwell in 1982 to Mid Calder, then Edinburgh, then Hamilton, then back to Edinburgh and for the last 9 years in Moravia.

Was a Founder Member of the Muirhouse Branch, then started the East of Scotland Branch and more recently managed to mold fellow northerners into create Gaidhealtachd Dossers.

Born in Motherwell maternity, attended Ladywell & Braidhurst schools.

Since leaving Motherwell around 1985 I've lived in Holytown, Viewpark, Nottingham, Cambuslang, Govan, Edinburgh, Reigate & Rochdale. Whilst living in Rochdale I've had short stays in the Isle of Man & Holland for work. I think that covers it :P

Born in Motherwell maternity big room on the corner so I'm told.

Motherwell (Forgewood) > (Douglas Street) then Bothwell back to Motherwell forced to Hamilton (burd) back home to Motherwell back to my wee flat in Bothwell, sick of the weather so onto Florida. Sick of the Americans so back to Bothwell and now find myself in Gibraltar.

Christ knows where next, all I know is how much I miss Fir Park. Leaving with no voice, getting upset with the ref or some injustice that always happens at the Arc but knowing I will be back again and again and again. :thumbup:

Cambuslang -> Tain -> Edinburgh

Ma dad was born in Motherwell and a big fan so he took me and my sister along to the home games

Speaking of schools, up in Tain (35 miles north of Inverness) of all those who liked football 95% were old firm fans....even the County and ICT 'supporters' were h**s/tims first and foremost.

Anyone mind a midweek cup game up in Inverness about 8/9yrs ago (before the stands behind the goals were up)? The wee caley mascott got introduced as a Caley AND Rangers fan :dash2: :dash2:

Fucking cancer of Scottish football

I was born in Edinburgh and started supporting Motherwell because the keeper at the time had the same name as me.

Moved to Kirkmuirhill/Blackwood in 1978 The following year my dad started taking me to games.

Now living in Kilmarnock but have livedin Inverness, Dundee, Londonderry and Ayr.

Born and raised in 'God's Country' - Harthill for the unintiated. Dad was a huge 'well fan and followed happily in his footsteps.

Went to Caldervale High School, Airdrie for 5 long years - you guys who only had the OF bigots to contend with were lucky (I had them and the shite of Lanarkshire to deal with) - but I held my own - even though my PE teacher was the Airdrie captain at the time - Derek Whiteford. Met him many times after that in the East Stand (sure he was a closet 'well fan).

Carried out missionary work in various places throughout Central Scotland and beyond spreading the 'Well gospel - there's even one or two converts up in Elgin beside Special (they used to drink in the Thunderton or High Spirits - if the pubs are still there big fella).

Now settled in Whitburn and still trying to preach the gospel according to the steelmen at every opportunity.

Brought up in Cleland, then New Stevenston, then Newarthill.

Lived in Huddesrfield and nearby villages, Falkirk, Stenhousemuir, Rheinfelden (Canton Aargau, Switzerland), Teesside, Shanghai and now Kunshan, Jiangsu Province, China.

Regarding the Shiels thing: I've always watched football where I have lived and often also on holiday, for example Oslo & Hong Kong.

So, when I lived in Stenhousemuir, I would often watch Falkirk if we didn't have a game. I was present when McAllister scored his wonder goal against Huntly, for example.

Strange thing is that I wouldn't watch Airdrie or Hamilton if we didn't have a game, though I did watch Clyde.

Like Weeyin, I think there will be a disproportionate amount of rest of UK/overseas replies; the fact is we do rely on this site to keep informed, despite the pish spouted on here at times...... :laugh:

Cheers :cheers:

SD

Born in Bridgeton. Mainly raised in Newarthill (When I was a kid I used to walk to Fir Park and back!). Lived in various areas of Glasgow on and off but Motherwell is 'home' and I've been living just down the road from Fir Park for the last 10 years.

Would be off in a shot but I've nae money!

Born in William Smellie in Lanark, lived originally in Mossend till I was 2 then to Uddingston and up to Viewpark from the age of 7. Dont remember any 'Well fans at St Columbas when I was there, but a couple at Our Ladys in the late '60's early '70's. Have since lived back in Uddingston, then Hamilton, then Cleland, followed by Manchester, and now Sale.

Born in William Smellie in Lanark, lived originally in Mossend till I was 2 then to Uddingston and up to Viewpark from the age of 7. Dont remember any 'Well fans at St Columbas when I was there, but a couple at Our Ladys in the late '60's early '70's. Have since lived back in Uddingston, then Hamilton, then Cleland, followed by Manchester, and now Sale.

gee lappin would have been at st columbas with you

Think only myself and Andy_P will be voting for being originally from Monklands area.

Somehow I've ended up in Shotts via Cleland :huh: Don't ask me how though...

Yep, just catching up on the thread and it looks that way so far!

Moved to Chapelhall when I was one or two apparently and remained there until moving to Bargeddie about 10/11 years ago. So whilst I was born in Bellshill I'd say its originally from Monklands and still in Monklands for me.

Born at panteg maternity in pontypool, Lived in a tiny wee village in south wales called trinant, Moved to motherwell then swiftly back to trinant, spent a while there then moved to aberbargoed,

I started getting interested in football and to the shock of my school mates I choose to support Motherwell, a team none of them had ever heard of :rolleyes: I went through junior school as the only well fan in the village . Id have a kit sent to me every year and would always ware it under my uniform, Then in brakes I would rip my uniform off and play football in my well strip.

I got to comprehensive school and discovered i was no longer the only well fan in the village :lol: Our maths teacher mr bell was from Motherwell.

Anyway i left school and moved back to trinant, Work then took me to london colony on the outskirts of london, Spent a few years there and then moved to llandudno junction in north Wales. The beauty of north Wales i still crave for. I then moved 40 odd miles down the road to treaddar bay on the isle of Anglesey.

By now I met my ex while up to see the well and she moved to Wales but was getting a bit homesick so we moved back down to trinant :lol: .

Anyway after a while she was still homesick so we moved to the glorious town of motherwell. That was 8 years ago and although with a different lass im still here. I love central Scotland and especially this town. Its grown on me through the years, its people, its weather, its chippys. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else :wub:

• Like 1

Lived in Carluke. Grandfather is a 'Well fan, Dad is a 'Well fan, everyone I know in the family is a 'Well fan. Went to Carluke High, mainly associated with 'Well fans. Left, moved to Dundee for University, met folk that were 'Well fans hung out with them, wound up Rangers and United fans. Finished Uni, got a job here, still got a job here, still cut about in 'Well tops like an arsehole.

All in all, not too bad.

Lived in Motherwell, Madrid, Valencia, Bilbao and now 10 years in Santander, but there's nowhere like Fir Park when the 'Well are on song!

Born Motherwell maternity

Stayed in Thistle Street - Leslie St - Caldergrove

Went to Calder Primary 68-75/ Dalziel 75-79........majority Well fans in my year a few currant buns :nod:

Engineering 79-86 in Mossend

Then had 8.5 years in London, (Wantstead - Russell Sq - Ravenscourt Park -Sheperds Bush - West Ealing) never had a real team in London followed Chelsea/Fulham and West Ham all through work mates

Returned back to the 'Shire late 1994........and still remain