• Carluke and surrounding villages
    • Somewhere else in Lanarkshire not mentioned
    • Glasgow/Dunbartonshire/Renfrewshire
    • Edinburgh and Lothians
    • Fife and Tayside
    • Ayrshire
    • Somewhere else in Scotland
    • Outwith Scotland

motherwell maternity, ladywell, dalziel.

for people to say the majority of our support don't come from motherwell is daft. it seemed like half of motherwell was in nancy

just to look at it another way when i was at dalziel i'd say there were more motherwell fans than rangers fans. i believe braidhurst is generally the same and our lady's has obviously mainly celtic with a spattering of well fans.

what are schools in the surronding areas like?

Mine and yer bro's year was mainly mwell and rangers both Dalziel and Ladywell.

Bubba said there was only 5 mwell fans in his whole year at Our Ladys

talking about schools,i went to our ladys.there was me and two other guys in ma year who followed motherwell and that was it,there was one rangers fan,and the rest were shellic.it was torture constant put dwns.made my love for motherwell stronger though.cant be doing wth following the crowd.

Mine and yer bro's year was mainly mwell and rangers both Dalziel and Ladywell.

Bubba said there was only 5 mwell fans in his whole year at Our Ladys

5 is pretty shite but still probably better than the average at the likes of hamilton grammar, holy cross or larkhall academy.

Interesting to read that Dalziel is dominated by 'Well fans, I didn't quite appreciate that. During my time at Coltness, we were hugely outnumbered by Rangers fans.

Brought up in Camby and flew the nest to Cleland. Parents come from Motherwell and went to Dalziel. All going well, I'd like to end up in Motherwell.

Born in Newarthill, brought up in Holytown, went to Holytown Primary then Bellshill Academy.

The majority at both schools were rangers fans and the slagging I got was constant, I grew up despising them and my feelings have deepened since then. :angry:

Thats why I hate the h**s without bus fare shite from the other scum. :doh:

I moved to Chapelhall, (don't ask), then I moved to Muirhouse where I can see the South Stand from my bedroom window.

Can walk down in 10 minutes but it takes me 2 hours to come home, :tumbleweed:

(via Jack Daniels) :drinks:

Born in Bellshill Hospital, family home was Hamilton, dad and brothers were already 'Well fans though so Accies never really an option :) Left Scotland in '93, now in Co. Meath in Ireland, after spells working in Cambridge, Hampshire, Bristol and Dublin.

talking about schools,i went to our ladys.there was me and two other guys in ma year who followed motherwell and that was it,there was one rangers fan,and the rest were shellic.it was torture constant put dwns.made my love for motherwell stronger though.cant be doing wth following the crowd.

What years did you go to OLHS? I was there 03 - 06 and most folk were Celtic, 5/6 Mwell and 1 Rangers.

Was born in Bellshill, lived within half a mile of fp for the last 21 and a bit years, no doubt die here.Life well lived! :nod:

Good effort, nae doubt the troops from the peoples free republic of EK and Blantyre will be along to complain just now but you've covered a fair whack

i want to be the first to complain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the school i went to, there was me...................eh, and me...........and maybe 2 others who supported Motherwell out of 600+, most of them were h**s

even in my younger days, i managed to persuade them to come to Motherwell games - they especially enjoyed Airdrie and Falkirk away at the fence!!! but it was never enough to make them permanent fans

Born Baillieston, lived Cambuslang,then Niagra Falls (USA) then back to East Kilbride @school was fun I was the only Motherwell fan there. Went to Motherwell Tech when it was behind Fir Park. Moved to Blantyre back to EK then Brisbane Australia...and I have supported Motherwell through thick and thin since I was 5 in 1960

Born and raised in Guernsey, Channel Isles. Travelled Asia for a couple of years, lived in Sydney, Australia for a couple of years then moved to Thailand when I was 25. Ten years on and still here. My Mum was born in Bellshill and my Grandparents were both born in Larkhall. My Granddad was a Thirds supporter before changing to the 'well.

born in Bellshill, lived in Watson Street (Motherwell) Linksview Road (Jervistion) Chapelknowe Road (Carfin/Cleland) Oakfield Drive (Motherwell) Bruce Avenue (North Motherwell) and Anderson Street (Motherwell) so I've never lived out with the Motherwell area really

Born in Motherwell, a spell in Netherton, high school and early work years in Overtown with a return to Motherwell when I flew the nest. Move to Upper New Stevenston, christened as such when my old man threatened to write me out of his will for moving to Carfin! So up where the whisky bond once stood and the wee man remains in an ML1 postcode.