Saint Johnstone V Motherwell Match Thread

Rickoza

Haven't posted for a while on here. mainly down to the big negs I have to read about our players. I have to say that today proved why we are the best of the rest ( I mean the real teams in the SPL). All our players playing for the jersey. Everyone responding to encouragement from the terracing. Atmosphere and even comedy from the terracing ( PEEEEETER- Baldy). A really good day out for every fan and a result to be proud of. I aint no happy clappy but this team are deserving of praise from every supporter.

If we could take this positive support to The Arc every home game I think we would be unstoppable.

This was a real team performance. Brilliantly conceived by Stuart McCall and superbly executed by the team. We are on a journey and I hope that every fan, including MJC, can try to have a positive head on next Saturday so we can show St Midden how the game should be played.

Onwards and upwards. Mon the 'Well.

Just watched the game on Alba.

Never really doubted us today as we are miles ahead of St Johnstone. When we get going there is a gulf in class between us and the 9 teams below us and we should cherish this spectacular away form while it lasts. Carrying this momentum into our home matches would be the icing on the cake.

Great game. Thoroughly enjoyed the trip to Perth today. Each player was fantastic and the effort by each and every one of them was immense.

Special mentions for Daley, Jennings (yet again) and the entire defence - Hutchy in particular. St J bombarded us aerially with the 7ft monster Haber. He even made Hutchy look like a midget. But the defence stood firm. The ribbing of the Steward was very amusing and even had the wimmin police officer in fits of giggles.

I want to swap my home season ticket for an away one. 409 is not a bad away support, but should be more the way we are playing away from home.

Happy days :yahoo:

Think "Sunbed" would be happy to get home and take his earring out after the ribbing he took all afternoon from the Well fans. Even he eventually had to smile ( I think) because he knew he was going to get it even more if he didn't.

Great performance from every one of the guys in Silver today.

Why can't we do it at the Ark ????

Mon the Dossers.

It wasn't an outstanding game of football but we made very few mistakes and as such deserved to win the game. We got the wee breaks with Enckelman's mistake for the first goal and it rattling off Murphy's backside for the last one. But really I never felt worried after we were 2-0 up because Hutchinson and Craigan were in control on the rare occasion that they got past Jennings and Lasley who were absolutely magnificent. These two are on a purple patch right now which is why we are losing so few goals. I thought Daley was superb, he seemed to pop up everywhere and made a nuisance of himself.

Congrats on yesterdays result boys, a 3-0 victory against a half decent team on thier own patch continues your excellent away form.

Our main hope next week is your poor home continues.

Should be a decent game.

Cheers. :drinks:

Thank you; mate! There is so much pish on these boards all the time; great to see decent people who have a bit of realism about them; even though, of course, I wasn't at the game and I am in no position to comment.....

Thanks again!

:cheers:

SD

A good result which was richly deserved. A very important 3 points that consolidates our league position. The wide pitch and Saints' attacking approach gave us the space we needed to deploy our counterattacking game to the full. Not great goals but they all count. I was a bit surspised by Saints - a big physical side who used their height and weight advantage but lacked in skill. Still did Stuart McCall not warn us about that very thing?

A good all round team perfomance against an aggressive physical side. Its telling that Darren Randolph hardly had a save to make. Murphy and Daley caught the eye but Jennings and Lasley dug in well in a very difficult situation, and not one they'd want to face too often. Nicky Law had a wonderful match too and caught out his opponents time and again with a crafty performance. The centre backs dug in well after a rather shaky opening 5 minutes and coped very well with the towering Marcus Haber. They knew early on that they couldn't and wouldn't compete with him in the air and switched tactics.

The most pleasing feature for me was our game plan. There were areas of the game in which we could never have competed directly with Saints and both sides knew it. But, we didn't try to and instead used craft and guile to pick out and exploit their weaknesses, fatal ones as it turned out, to great effect.

Good to hear Yir Elder at last getting the recognition he deserves and fans of Simon & Garfunkel would also have appreciated the singing from our end. :evilgrin: