Saint Johnstone V Motherwell Match Thread

Rickoza

Jennings---------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------Hughes----------------------------------Lasley----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------Law------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------Lawless---------------------Daley---------------------------------------

Keep the normal back four, Drop Humphrey and Murphy and Higdon, this line up will will provide a pacey counter attackng option, with quick ball through the middle of the park, with the pace of Hughes and Lasley, and the obvious threat in the air from Daley.

This line up will provide plenty of crosses, no missed passes, Technical Ability, Pace and lots of tracking back and good tactical movement off the ball to free up space for the free scoring midfielders. And more importantly no Passengers.

Ill look forward to the De-brief at 1730 hrs Saturday night!

St Johnstone 1- Motherwell 3

:lol:

If McCall was even considering such a nonsense line-up I hope he'd at least let us know via e-mail so I could find something else to do on Saturday.

• Like 1

:lol:

If McCall was even considering such a nonsense line-up I hope he'd at least let us know via e-mail so I could find something else to do on Saturday.

Sorry Jay is this not the line up most of you want? Thought we wanted to drop the pace and concentrate on a slow methodicle build up through the middle!

• Like 1

Are there student prices for Saturday? I've not been to McDiarmid in quite a while (and not since I went back to being a lazy student) - I noticed on the official site it just lists OAPs as Concessions, but no mention of students...

Sorry Jay is this not the line up most of you want? Thought we wanted to drop the pace and concentrate on a slow methodicle build up through the middle!

Stop throwing your toys out the pram because your mate is coming in for a bit of criticism.

1 goal and 0 assists in about 17 games, not really good enough is it. I know, I know... he creates space etc. but he's still got to contribute himself and he hasn't done that for months.

• Like 1

Stop throwing your toys out the pram because your mate is coming in for a bit of criticism.

1 goal and 0 assists in about 17 games, not really good enough is it. I know, I know... he creates space etc. but he's still got to contribute himself and he hasn't done that for months.

No Not at all, Joint 5th Goal scorer in the team ill have you know with (1) goal. My toys are still fully in my pram, Higdon has got 6 goals in the SPL, dedicated Striker.. is that good enough ? Only 4 others players have scored more goals than Humphrey

I would like to see how the team would get on without Murphy and Humphrey, it would be interesting to read the posts at the end of the game. The game plan works with Humphrey and Murphy in the team for whatever reason you choose but it WORKS. SPL table will show you that.

Its not good enough your right, but it happens.

No Not at all, Joint 5th Goal scorer in the team ill have you know with (1) goal.

:doh:

My toys are still fully in my pram

Debatable.

Higdon has got 6 goals in the SPL, dedicated Striker.. is that good enough ?

6 goals in 15 games, better than a goal every 3 games. I'd take that but that's not the full story though. It's actually 8 goals in 17 games which is just short of one in two. Higdon is doing a good job and is not part of the problem.

Only 4 others players have scored more goals than Humphrey

Not really, of Hateley's five assists this season I'd say one was because of the "space" Humphrey made and that was the one at Tannadice.

I would like to see how the team would get on without Murphy and Humphrey, it would be interesting to read the posts at the end of the game. The game plan works with Humphrey and Murphy in the team for whatever reason you choose but it WORKS. SPL table will show you that.

Why do you always bring Murphy into a debate about Humphrey?

Its not good enough your're right

:nod:

Wow you have got some time on your hands, keep it coming.

:mellow:

How? I responded to your post like you did mine. I just had to break your post down to wade through all the shite.

Ok drop him, put who you want in he is bound to do better, :help:

You mean like Daley who came in for Humphrey against Aberdeen and scored the winner??

• Like 3

Ok back on track now, St Johnstone will prove a tough task regardless of who plays, i still think if we are going to be productive we need to move the ball quicker through the midfield, what ever formation we use. If im honest Hughes never really showed much in the little time he was given on Friday, which makes me think the fitness level aint up to much, legs looked tired.

I can only amagine that St Johnstone will be set up to play the against pacey wingers, doubling up against either Humphrey or Daley, if like most believe neither will play, it might work in our favour, with the pitch heavy, late in the second half, (If the game goes ahead)the pace might be the difference between the two teams. It will be a tight game with few chances. Ignore my last post prediction as it clearly was a make belief team, that will never happen.

St Johnstone 0- Motherwell 1

3-0 to St.Johnstone.

We are on a downward spiral just now, our defence is dire and we are struggling to even create a clear cut chance never mind score and I see no reason why things will change against an on form St.Johnstone this weekend.

Downward spiral? In the last 8 games we have taken more points than St Johnstone and the same as Rangers..... In fact only Celtic have better form over the last 8 games....

Are there student prices for Saturday? I've not been to McDiarmid in quite a while (and not since I went back to being a lazy student) - I noticed on the official site it just lists OAPs as Concessions, but no mention of students...

Nah. No student gate, full price.

Downward spiral? In the last 8 games we have taken more points than St Johnstone and the same as Rangers..... In fact only Celtic have better form over the last 8 games....

We have looked absolutely awful in our last two games (or game and a half) and don't look like scoring just now. We've done well thus far to be sitting where we are, but let's not kid ourselves on, we've been poor at home this season and have scored only SIX home goals all season. Away from home it's been a different story, we've been able to grind out results but to be honest, we've not been great on the road either and sooner or later we're going to come a cropper. I think that will be tomorrow.