Motherwell V St Mirren Matchday Thread

shull

Don't want to turn the game thread into another debate about admission prices, but this is perhaps exactly the kind of fixture that Brazilian was alluding to in another thread recently where he reckoned MFC should be targeting games to attract a healthy away following.

You look at the fixtures. Their last two away games - Celtic, which is generally higher price wise than the average and some folk don't go OF grounds on points of principle anyway. They've followed that with Aberdeen away which I think has even higher admission prices than ourselves not to mention the associated travel, food and drink costs.

And then there's ourselves just a week after they've had that Aberdeen trip. I don't see it happening on the back of the Hibs "experiment" but this is the fixture that if we had the means you would want to try to make it as enticing for their supporters to come to Motherwell if they are picking and choosing from their run of away games.

As for the game itself they would be choice opposition for a sudden clicking into place of home form. Delightful as it was to win injury time at Paisley earlier in the season there are a helluva lot of smash and grabs and downright shit performances from us against them to make up for over recent seasons. I think I'd quite enjoy a healthy romp of a win against them. Quite happily take another last minute winner for the Dossers but....

The game will go ahead. If the floodlights area problem, we'll see the game changed to either 1pm or midday kick off and we'll know in plenty of time.!

Gonna go for a good game, plenty of decent football to be played, we're on fire at the moment (not so much at home) and saints have had a decent season thus far.

Players to watch: McGowan, Hassellbaink and Thompson

We'll need to have the same starting line up as Saturday! We were too much for them to handle and it showed.

Same line up, players kept under control and I think we'll run out 3-0 winners! higgy, and another Murphy double (arse'n'all) thumbup.gif

The game will go ahead. If the floodlights area problem, we'll see the game changed to either 1pm or midday kick off and we'll know in plenty of time.!

Gonna go for a good game, plenty of decent football to be played, we're on fire at the moment (not so much at home) and saints have had a decent season thus far.

Players to watch: McGowan, Hassellbaink and Thompson

We'll need to have the same starting line up as Saturday! We were too much for them to handle and it showed.

Same line up, players kept under control and I think we'll run out 3-0 winners! higgy, and another Murphy double (arse'n'all) thumbup.gif

Well if that's going to be the case then we'll need to know in plenty of time as we can't risk leaving the kick off time at 3pm only to discover on Saturday afternoon that 'Constable Eris' is making a comeback so if that's what it takes then so be it, I just hope the club have already considered this seriously.

As for the game(if it's on), I'm sorry but I just can't see it being any different to previous home games in that we'll struggle to break the opposition down and create chances, given that the onus is on us as the home team to attack. And of course we all know that home games against St.Mirren are usually a struggle for us so it will be no stroll in the park.

Well if that's going to be the case then we'll need to know in plenty of time as we can't risk leaving the kick off time at 3pm only to discover on Saturday afternoon that 'Constable Eris' is making a comeback so if that's what it takes then so be it, I just hope the club have already considered this seriously.

As for the game(if it's on), I'm sorry but I just can't see it being any different to previous home games in that we'll struggle to break the opposition down and create chances, given that the onus is on us as the home team to attack. And of course we all know that home games against St.Mirren are usually a struggle for us so it will be no stroll in the park.

St Mirren wont sit back they are an attack minded team which hopefully makes for a good game, although i wont make it if its an early kick off... :angry:

As for the game(if it's on), I'm sorry but I just can't see it being any different to previous home games in that we'll struggle to break the opposition down and create chances, .

Why not? You thought the AWAY game at St Johnstone would be different to all the other away games bar two. What was it you said? We'll struggle to score goals and get pumped 3-0? Just proves you go against form when it suits your negative attitude.

It was mentioned in the Previous thread about this game, Here. So there would be no need for "Constable Eris", unless the ground staff are stupid enough to put the floodlights on, which they would do because it would be played in complete daylight.

but I am fairly confident that the club are gonna have the game on for 3pm..

If we're serious about challenging for 3rd this season, games against the likes of St Mirren at home are ones we simply have to win.

Be it a great performance and a 3-0 win, or a piss poor showing and a 1-0 win, we need the 3 points.

We're seven points clear of the side in 4th place that we just humped 3-0, and we're eleven points clear of Hearts in 5th with a game in hand. If we're serious about challenging for 3rd this season, we just need to keep doing what we're doing. We don't 'need the 3 points' in the slightest.

• Like 2

Back on the floodlight issue, I heard tonight that work is still on going on repairing the problem which caused the fire in the floodlight last week and a decision will be taken on Wednesday after an inspection by the SPL and police as to whether Saturday's game can go ahead.

Make of that what you will.

I dare say all will be revealed MJC, but if the predicted poor weather arrives then there may be another factor to consider regarding the game going ahead or not.

If it does then, like yourself, I don't foresee many goals. Both sides prefer to pass the ball around but can struggle to find the net. No changes to the team and a 1-0 Well win with Higgy annoying his former employers!