Ahhhh Memories

Infamous Wee Grafter

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 10:

1 Willie Leitch 1 goal per game (5 apps)

1= Jim Lonie (1 app)

1= Willie Sneddon (1 app)

4 Jimmy Brown 1.125 (18 apps)

5 Ian St John 1.412 (113 apps)

6 Davie Mathie (1st spell) 1.5 (30 apps)

7 Archie Kelly 1.6 (104)

8 Joe McBride 1.725 (88)

9 Jackie Hunter 1.797 (106)

10 Dixie Deans 1.949 (152)

Top 10:

1 Willie Leitch 1 goal per game (5 apps)

1= Jim Lonie (1 app)

1= Willie Sneddon (1 app)

4 Jimmy Brown 1.125 (18 apps)

5 Ian St John 1.412 (113 apps)

6 Davie Mathie (1st spell) 1.5 (30 apps)

7 Archie Kelly 1.6 (104)

8 Joe McBride 1.725 (88)

9 Jackie Hunter 1.797 (106)

10 Dixie Deans 1.949 (152)

Am impressed, nice work!

Nice. Now we need a threshold of "number of games played" before stats are ranked; otherwise 1 goal from 1 appearance will always top the list.

Anybody else with enough time on their hands to work out a good number? I would guess 20 - 25, but still don't have time to mess around with it.

Nice. Now we need a threshold of "number of games played" before stats are ranked; otherwise 1 goal from 1 appearance will always top the list.

Anybody else with enough time on their hands to work out a good number? I would guess 20 - 25, but still don't have time to mess around with it.

How do you work out the ratio? all i do in work is piss around lol

If my memory of that game at Cappielow serves me right you must have been standing in the home end rather than the crappy plastic bench seating in the away end where you spend the whole game being bitten by flies from the warehouses across the road. Is that right?

Nah, ah'm sure I was in almost the same spot as when Pyscho scored his winning penalty in the 1\4 final replay.

Think the only time I was ever in an "away" end for a gemme was when for reasons unknown I decided to stand at the Fir Park School end when we played St.Mirren and the Kirkmeister scored 4 (and was then promptly subbed by McLean as I remember). Nothing like seeing other fans troop out the grun before the end of a game muttering "canny believe it..." :rolleyes::angry:

Should you not do that the other way about to get the goals per game ratio? :)

Yes, but that was not the calculation which was being done in the thread earlier, it was the games per goal ratio which was being quoted. i.e one goal every so many games. I was merely supplying the mathematical equation for that calculation. :)

• 2 months later...
Probably my all time favourite Motherwell away day. So many memories from that day, from snowball fights outside the pub before the game, to the Sieb Sieb Sieb chant, to the United fan getting lifted for mooning the Well fans at half time, to Softy's post match "another crack at the cherry" interview. Marvellous.

canny mind the snow balls :D

aw i can mind was ootside united wanted it they gor it they didnt hang about to long great day oot :huh:

I remember a fab day out in Dundee when Softie scored in the 94th minute. I was on a supporters bus fae Hamilton and running late so grabbed 2 bottles of 20/20 'ginger' as i thought. MELTED and we managed to get chucked out a club in Dundee for singing before the game. Saw some hilaroius 'handbags' outside Tannadice after the game too. Fab day out. :huh:

I remember a fab day out in Dundee when Softie scored in the 94th minute. I was on a supporters bus fae Hamilton and running late so grabbed 2 bottles of 20/20 'ginger' as i thought. MELTED and we managed to get chucked out a club in Dundee for singing before the game. Saw some hilaroius 'handbags' outside Tannadice after the game too. Fab day out. :thumbup:

same hand bags boy fae motherwell got bottled we got oot and ran the c***s aw down by the buses happy days handbags indeed :lol: