Hearts Away - Xmas Eve

weesacs

surprised it hasnt been posted, but this is fantastic gesture by the club, especially at this time of year when the pennies are even harder to come by :

Fans of @MotherwellFC look out for a statement coming soon from the Club announcing free transport to the huge Xmas eve game at @JamTarts.We need a huge and vocal @motherwellfc support on Saturday and for Xmas eve to back the superb efforts of our team and management in 2011.

will it persuade an extra few hundred to travel? hopefully so, my only fear is that its not "all ticket" - this ruins any atmosphere we are able to create

well done Motherwell :drinks:

Any word on cheaper entry as I see Hearts are doing a type of 2for1 offer (think £25 for two home games over this period) and it says "all areas of the ground"...

Our end is £23 for adults on the day, but if you buy a ticket up to the day before its £20.

Our end is £23 for adults on the day, but if you buy a ticket up to the day before its £20.

And in the spirit of Christmas, for every 10 quid you spend, 1 pound will be donated to the salary of a Hearts player of your choice. You will also receive a photo of the player you sponsor and receive regular updates on his progress during the year.

• Like 7

Hearts is a train day. Good on the club for doing this though! Great gesture for the folk that travel on association buses.

Definetly a train day for me aswell. It's an excellent gesture of appreciation from the club to those that've made our away support the undeniable presence that it is this season.

This is bullshit Peter it should be £20 quid across the board, what exactly is the reasoning behind this type of deal,its £23 or £20 to sit in the same section of a glorified pigsty. Rant over :angry:

It's an incentive (albeit a small one) to buy your ticket up front and boost the gate.

Tyncastle is, in my opinion, the best away venue in the league.

I'd gladly have that pigsty (minus the main stand) lifted, disinfected, dipped in domestos, scrubbed, disinfected again and plopped on Knowtop Ave as a replacemant for the creaking ark.

Great venue

• Like 3

As far as match chat goes I'd take a point from this I think. Hearts have had an odd season so far losing more games than they have won or drawn but they have the best defensive record outside the OF (14 goals conceeded in 18 SPL matches). Certainly when they are getting beat it would appear to be by the odd goal only.

We have had a cracking run at Tynecastle since the last league game of 2009 so hopefully that continues. A point on Saturday and three at home to Dunfermline (hopefully) on the 28th would be a very good way to end the year.

• Like 1

Steve £3 quid isn't my gripe , do you honestly think that if it had been £20 pay at the gate we would take less of a support ,could even be argued we would take more and every Motherwell supporter would benefit.

Dont think buyin your ticket and savin 3 quid will add much to the support, free buses will put some extra bums on seats. Should have been 20 quid for everyone though.

As for the game. Hearts had a good result against SPL fodder in Dunfermiline but against anyone half decent they have been poor.

I think if we can keep our current away tactics then it should be a close game.

Same team as that started against St Mirren. Would be tempted to stick Omar up front and put Murphy on the right wing.