Hearts Away - Xmas Eve

weesacs

You can query the £23 starting price, in fact many would query the £20 discounted price but in fairness to Hearts, they don't need to do anything for us. Motherwell don't need to do anything for us travel wise.

But they have.

So I'd say take advantage of the incentives on offer while they are going and credit to both clubs for combining to make an away day that little bit more affordable for many, and potentially bring it into reach for those who might not ordinarily have been able to go.

Shame I made the decision to go to Ibrox on 2nd January instead now though isn't it..... :wallbash:

• Like 1

You can query the £23 starting price, in fact many would query the £20 discounted price but in fairness to Hearts, they don't need to do anything for us. Motherwell don't need to do anything for us travel wise.

But they have.

So I'd say take advantage of the incentives on offer while they are going and credit to both clubs for combining to make an away day that little bit more affordable for many, and potentially bring it into reach for those who might not ordinarily have been able to go.

Shame I made the decision to go to Ibrox on 2nd January instead now though isn't it..... :wallbash:

It is a fantastic deal for those who travel with supporters buses and stay in the motherwell area and who can pop along and buy a discounted ticket . Bottom line is you could go to an away game and spend no more than 20 pounds. :thumbup:

Considering it's a game against one of our rivals for 3rd place I would think it's a decent deal for any fan who can get along.

If I could go I certainly would.

Oh i will be there ok wouldnt miss this one ,train through early doors few beers few drams :cheers: ,game, then another few beers another few drams :cheers: . Mon the Well .

Gonnay head in early and do a bit of last minute christmas shopping.

Anyone know the best way to get to Tynecastle from princes street area?

Tram ? no ? The train is one stop to haymarket and then a just over a 10 minute walk to tynecastle.not sure of the bus nos.

Gonnay head in early and do a bit of last minute christmas shopping.

Anyone know the best way to get to Tynecastle from princes street area?

Lothian Bus (Service 3 and 25) or the no. 27/28 First Bus. Cost ye £1.30 for one trip. And will take about 10 to 15 minutes.

There is also Taxi or Train (Waverley to Haymarket) but with barriers at Waverley and Haymarket you will need to buy a ticket and not sure of minimum price.

Lothian Bus (Service 3 and 25) or the no. 27/28 First Bus. Cost ye £1.30 for one trip. And will take about 10 to 15 minutes.

There is also Taxi or Train (Waverley to Haymarket) but with barriers at Waverley and Haymarket you will need to buy a ticket and not sure of minimum price.

Walk ? whistling.gif

Picked this out as the ebst game of the season when the fixtures initially came out and its shaping up to be just that. Brilliant MFC team with a fantastic away form, a Hearts club we all love to hate and a big noisy crowd at the ground we usually create the best atmosphere of the season. Belter!

More like it.

Mark, this is your best option! Although, given the Saturday (Sunday) service, I'd walk it mate! Its not as long a walk as it seems and you get to enjoy the lovely tram works on yer way.....

here's a copy of the festive timetable. make of it, what you will http://www.lothianbuses.com/images/stories/pdf_downloads/XMAS2011.pdf

For those travelling... Russell Road is closed at the railway bridge for the ongoing tram works. Where the buses park and much parking normally available may find egress time consuming as you require to return towards Gorgie/Dalry Roads. Unsure if affects those on foot heading from Haymarket using Corstophine Road.

With Eggybread Jonsson joining Wolves - I wonder if he'll be playing

I'd doubt it, didn't play on Saturday due to this move. It'll probably be the last time that most of their starting eleven play together. Either they'll give it everything, or not give a shite as they know they've got moves lined up anyway.

Had planned to get the train through with my old man, was set up nicely, as the burd works in retail, so was working anyway.

Now she's nightshift Friday, off Saturday, so the fact I'll be out all afternoon, and we have opposing holidays over chritmas and new year, could make this very unpopular! Saturday now being the only day we'll spend together.

Now considering driving, or just leaving it?

She said "just go if you've made plans", but does she mean it????

Had planned to get the train through with my old man, was set up nicely, as the burd works in retail, so was working anyway.

Now she's nightshift Friday, off Saturday, so the fact I'll be out all afternoon, and we have opposing holidays over chritmas and new year, could make this very unpopular! Saturday now being the only day we'll spend together.

Now considering driving, or just leaving it?

She's going to fall out with you if you take the motor. Might as well dingy the car and have a few beers with your auld man.

Make it a worthwhile argument...

• Like 2

If she's anyhting like burds I seem to attract she'll fall out with you if you go and she'll fall out with you if you don't go because "you've clearly only done that to make me feel guilty."

Mental.

Your only hope is to emphasise that it's a very special time of year and thats why you would like to spend a bit of quality time in the afternoon with your beloved father by bonding over your shared passion for Motherwell Football Club. Remind her that it's your commitment to family that makes you so special.

I'm going and it's my first away game since St Mirren so if we don't win then it's clear who's fault it is! Would take a point.

Eh? We won it so it hardly makes you a jinx. All other things being equal best away day of the season is Hearts. Cannot wait.

• Like 1