Hearts Away - Xmas Eve

weesacs

There is a case for that. There is a case though for which one would you rather have right now? Was never a fan of Foran when he was with us but he has matured and turned into a very good player.

Forekskin is and always was utter pish. Think the Caley fans would also dispute your claim that he has turned into a very good player.

There is a case for that. There is a case though for which one would you rather have right now? Was never a fan of Foran when he was with us but he has matured and turned into a very good player.

He wasn't a bad player, just overrated. He is a prefect fit for ICT, but not convinced he would add anything to our style of play.

Scoring goals isnt the be all and end all, Steely. Or is that only when it suits your agenda??

foran was doing it from mainly midfield. he set up a good few as well as i remember it.

i just don't understand why a guy who came in for nothing and contributed quite a lot including goals in semi finals and a decent transfer fee gets so much stick. i'd take him over humphrey or daley any day.

foran was doing it from mainly midfield. he set up a good few as well as i remember it.

i just don't understand why a guy who came in for nothing and contributed quite a lot including goals in semi finals and a decent transfer fee gets so much stick. i'd take him over humphrey or daley any day.

You're the 1st to slate our top scorer and our only striker for not putting in enough graft, but think that a work-shy midfielder is worth his salt because he scores some goals, many of which were from the spot.

To be honest, I could never understand the man-love for Foran when he was here

Foran > O'Brien > Murphy

All of which were overrated.

Murphy more than most.

And yet over-rated or otherwise two out of the three still managed to secure lucrative moves to the English Championship with Murphy expected to do likewise sooner or later.

foran scored 35 goals in 115 appearances for us.

How many were pens?

other than murphy i'd bet against every other player in our first team squad ever scoring that many goals in a well top.

Not if they were the penalty taker. Like I said, he was a decent player, buy hugely overrated (which is the point of this particular discussion). Some posters on here make him sound like he was the 2nd coming of Tommy Coyne.

I can only recall two occasions where foran score from open play (in the 5-0 drubbing of Killie at Fir Park, and the CIS cup Semi v Celtic)

Whilst here, he also received 21 yellow cards

06/07 13 Goals in Half a season, 6 were pens.

05/06 12 goals , 4 were pens

04/05 9 goals, 4 pens

Looking at that, it seems a decent record but his goal in the 5-0 drubbing was kicked out the keepers hand :whistling:

Foran and O'Brien are great players and we would be an infinitely better team if they were still with us. In my opinion. Of course they had their flaws, but which player doesn't?

I can't believe people on here are slating them, but then that's fitba I suppose.