Hearts Away - Xmas Eve

weesacs

today is disappointing, but not unexpected. If you cant be merry when we are sitting third, five points clear of fourth, game in hand, then you will never be a merry 'well fan.

remember we could be involved in a relegation battle, like the dons.

Amen.

today is disappointing, but not unexpected. If you cant be merry when we are sitting third, five points clear of fourth, game in hand, then you will never be a merry 'well fan.

remember we could be involved in a relegation battle, like the dons.

Excellent post, unfortunately I fear the usual suspects will come home and start moaning about how our season is now over.

Shite performance. Hateley had one of the worst performances I've ever seen. Higdon isolated and frustrated. Thought Hughes was one of our better players, at least he looked liked he cared. Hutch done all right. The rest... Well I could be here all day.

Bad day at the office. Our top goalscorer from last season who Hearts offered more money too than us, couldn't even make their bench. That shows the gulf in budget and puts into perspective what we've achieved so far this season. Third at Christmas, few points clear with a game in hand. We couldn't have asked for much more at the start of the season, so let's not go overboard with the abuse on here for once.

Onwards to Dunfermline, if we don't win that one I might start to worry. Start McHugh up front with Higdon, none of this one up front pish again at home, it isn't working. They've a ganting defence which we must take advantage of.

Oh and a word for the fans, were brilliant today well done.

• Like 2

A quick swatch at the league table will tell you that everything is going magnificently but there won't be a single Well fan returning from Tynecastle today who isn't absolutely beeling at that shite served up today. We could still be playing and still not look like scoring.

• Like 1

Just back in the door....

Shame we did not turn up today. Especially as the away support was probably as much as 4 times that that turned up at Perth when we won 3-0. Really good away support for Xmas eve. I would have thought there would have beem as many as 1200+

From the get go we were not at the races and Hateley had his WORST game for Motherwell since he joined. Templeton took him to the cleaners time and again and the 2 goals came from that side.

I hate to say it, but well done the Hearts players for turning in a performance like that with no pay slip in sight. Bad day at the office but happy with where we sit at Xmas time.

Big game on Wednesday. On paper the easiest game we have. Dunfermline are rank and losing 3 or 4 goals a game. Relegation is already theirs despite what the other clubs do. I am sure it will not turn out like that however :blink:

As for the referee. Not the reason we lost today, but I would never tire of smacking his face repeatedly. he gave Hearts everyhting today - even fouls that should have gone for Motherwell. He was RANK rotten.

I am away to have a few beers and forget today ever happened.

I am also going to ask Santa for another striker to play with Higdon or at least put him under pressure for a starting place :dash2:

I agree with Weldaft i'd love to see us get another striker in during the window. As for today pish weather pish performance but im sure the boys are annoyed they let down a cracking travelling support and im CERTAIN we'll gubb a very poor Pars team on wednesday.I wont be there as im off tae Tenerife and Merry Xmas to all who post on these boards and indeed all Well fans. :drinks:

Disappointing to lose of course and compounded by the fact that Dundee Utd, St Mirren, St Johnstone and obviously Hearts have all moved three points closer.

Hardly a day to offer us much Christmas cheer eh?!!

Not having been at the game I realise the disappointment is always that bit more sharpened for those who attended when we lose but there is still much to be consoled about. Difficult not be chuffed to bits at being third place at Christmas and five points clear at that - and with a game in hand to boot.

It's a shame the away run had to end but its still pretty impressive that only sides to have beaten us are those in 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th place in the league. It will be much more of a concern if we start losing to those much further down the table.

Bad day today. Great opportunity to get on track on Wednesday though! Mon the 'Well!!!