Hearts Away - Xmas Eve

weesacs

that's been coming for a while.

that 4-5-1 formation is a joke. higdon offers nothing as a lone striker, webster and zaliukas had the cigars out they barely broke sweat. if your playing one man up top you need someone like clarkson or mcdonald who will work the defenders not a slow, lumbering, fat lump who can't win a header to save his life despite being 6 foot 3. daley and murphy were neither supporting the striker or helping the midfield and everytime we lost the ball they were having to track the hearts fullbacks right up the park. the fact that we came back out after half time and basically served up more of the same was shocking.

nicky law had a great start for us but he's been poor since he started playing behind the striker. he was awful today yet he still played the 90, mccall obviously likes him but i get the impression he's a bit too fond of him. he was a winger at rotherham and he's done well for us out wide so play him there. he was clueless today.

we've been murder going forward for months now, 4 home goals in 4 months and barely any chances created in our last 4 away games. mccall should be thinking about how to get murphy back to the kind of form he was in last season. we're neutralising our best player so higdon can lose wrestling matches and nicky law can kid on he's a playmaker. play him through the centre. if we line up in the same shitty way on wednesday then we're in trouble.

also i don't understand why he put carswell and mchugh on today when we 2 goals down but he left them on the bench at st johnstone when we were 2 nil up, we only used two subs that day. that makes no sense at all to me.

Thats been a long time coming. Hopefully serves as a wake up call. We set up for a draw today and offered very little going forward.

Law does my nut in despite his talent while Hately had a rare howler. How the 2 of them lasted 90 minutes is beyond me.

Interesting to see how we react gainst the league's whipping boys. We have to go 442.

Beaten by the better team... No complaints today.

Shite we were. Hearts are not a better team than us, we were terrible today.

Hateley sold two goals, I like him a lot but he should've been putting Templeton in the stand before the first one, not standing 2 yards off him until he got it out of his feet.

Hughes was poor, Law anonymous, Higdon in fairness, was contesting but hoofing balls at Webster and Zaliukas was only going to see one winner. Daley was lazy and did Hateley no favours watching the Hearts full back run past him, needs to work harder.

Hutchinson did well I thought, Hammell too, quite rightly having a go at Craigan and Randolph for trying to give away a goal.

Least today gives us an answer over Stevie Hughes, would much rather have Carswell in midfield with Lasley.

Should say I was impressed with Carswell when he came on. More than by Hughes anyway, who I feel offered little in midfield leaving the defence exposed; not once this season have I seen a team shift it from defenders to forwards as easily as Hearts did today. A midfield 3 of Lasley, Law and Hughes doesn't have nearly enough dig in it to protect the defence as many predicted. In saying that, 2 goals came from daft individual errors.

Ach well. Hard to judge McCalls tactics when so many players were having individual howlers. Hateley was rotten but I knew he'd do the 90 as our only hope of scoring was from a set piece.

Luckily we've put the groundwork in and can afford the occassional pisher like that.

Lost the midfield battle - really missed Jennings. Crawford Allan kept Higdon quiet with his total lack of willingness to give free kicks for him not being allowed to jump. After ten minutes I was hopeful but Hearts were too well drilled for us today. At least Lasley didn't get booked so can play on Wed. Poor poor show though Hearts didn't create much so overall we defended fine i- just the daft errors. Second one looked like it may have been offside?

The ref was shocking today. How las got a free kick against him when the guy tried to head the ball and Las ran away from under him while still in the air. The two footed tackle on the half way line that hearts got the free kick for even tho they never had the ball. Was a shocking performance from most of the team. They clearly had not learned there lesson about closing down people and stop them shooting. I am not going to start on Hateley as he should have been hooked after 30 mins. we are still 3rd in the league and have the pars at home on Wednesday night. Time to get pissed.

We were poor today!

Hately and Craigan were off form, Omar looks unfit, Hughes looked lucky not to see red with his tackles, Randolph had one save worth mentioning, Higdons flick ons were to Kello and Murphy couldn't use his pace.

Carswell was lucky to be able to walk after that tackle from Robinson and hopefully Hamills injuries isn't too bad, looked sore enough.

The Ref was piss poor, giving free kicks the wrong way, not giving them for obvious fouls etc...

Our best players were Law and Hammell and even they were shit.!

The negative 4-5-1 formation/tactics are doing us no favours against teams like hearts and the old firm!

But, this result means nothing! We are still third, with a game in hand and with points to play with ! No worries!

Dunfermline on Wednesday! thumbup.gif

Did Law touch the ball in the 2nd half? Seriously?

Has Humphrey dropped down pecking order that he wasn't even considered to come on, maybe sending a message to get his finger out? I would have put him on to at least try and give us something new, he couldn't do any worse than what was already on the pitch.

Think he will start against Dunfermline, hopefully he's got a point to prove. Plus he tore Austin McCann a new one at East End Park so now seems as good a time as any for him to return to form.

Also please push Murphy closer to Higdon or play McHugh along side him. He's crying out for some support. Sadly I can see McCall going with much the same again. However if we fail to beat Dunfermline at home, who are utterly ganting then surely he's got to think about a change of tactics.

• Like 1

Pish.

Didn't turn up today. Hateley sold 2 goals, which is unlike him to be fair. I happen to think that today aside, he's been one of the best full-backs in the league this season. Midfield was posted missing and Higdon did well when he could, but had no-one within a country mile to pass to on the rare occasion that he won the ball without getting fouled. When the hell will referees start giving him the credit?

Missed Jennings and unfortunately got the tactics all wrong. Hearts had us sussed today, plain and simple. We would have walked away with a 0-0 had Hateley not sold the 2 goals. We could have played all night and not scored.

Anyway, nevermind...still in 3rd, shite performance hopefully behind us, and onwards and upwards from here. Critical that we respond against Dunfermline and hopefully put on a show against Rangers, even if I'm not expecting anything from that game.

Bad day at the office, but we're still 3rd by some distance and have the chance to right the wrongs in a few days.

Terrible today. Hateley, who has been our best player this season until now in my opinion, was absolutely rank. Not only was he terrible, some of the decisions he made seemed to be out of pure laziness. Hughes was an empty jersey, you could tell we really missed Jennings. Also little to nothing offered going forward.

Higdon wasn't great to be honest but he needs someone up beside him. No point in winning headers if there's no one to play off him in any direction.

Would definitely play Carswell instead of Hughes on Wednesday.

Previous posts have summed the day up perfectly. From Tom Hateley's performance (he has been quality this season and will bounce back) to Hearts players playing for a move, to the ref being truly awful, to a few results elsewhere going against us it is safe to say it was a crappy day.

I still think we could be doing with another option up front even if was a loan deal. Not sure what Hughes is in per appearance but midfield is not where we are toiling.

In saying that the Club's venture with the SA worked well as was evidenced by the large away crowd.

• Like 1

Hard to criticise after how well we are going, but I think the boys were thinking ahead to there Xmas dinners today!

Gaffer blundered by putting Hughes in ahead of Carswell, Hearts bossed the midfield down to that. Hearts weren`t particularly good, just 2 bad goals from our point of view, was the difference. Neither GK had been really troubled.

Nicky Law, Tom Hateley and Stephen Craigan all didn`t look comfortable.

Was a massive game for Hearts though, they won the game, fair play. Just a blip on our part.

5pts ahead of 4th, game in hand, Dunfermline at home on Wed, lets do this!!

C`mon the `Well!!

Not going to go into the match 'cos it's been coming and we can't complain too much with the results we've been getting on the road. And any time we take a good crowd a performance like that seems to always let us down.

My main gripe today was the pricing on the gate. I had been calling Fir Park ticket office since the back of 2 on Friday to get tickets for two adults and an infanct (4 years old - his first game) which would have cost me £44 in total. Could not get through for ages before finding out that Hearts wanted the figures early and we couldn't get them. I had to take a wee hit of £9 then at the gate - gets to the gate and no juvenile prices. £15 for a 4 year old meant I was £61 for the three of us. The reason fans like myself don't make many games wallbash.gif.

• Like 1

Previous posts have summed the day up perfectly. From Tom Hateley's performance (he has been quality this season and will bounce back) to Hearts players playing for a move, to the ref being truly awful, to a few results elsewhere going against us it is safe to say it was a crappy day.

I still think we could be doing with another option up front even if was a loan deal. Not sure what Hughes is in per appearance but midfield is not where we are toiling.

In saying that the Club's venture with the SA worked well as was evidenced by the large away crowd.

This sums the game up perfectly. Atmosphere in Well end was the best ever at Tynecastle apart from the cup game. 2nd best in every department. Onwards and upwards though :cheers:

its hard to be too critical after the results weve had away from home so far but that performance was terrible there was too much slow tip tappy football being played which then led to a big punt up the park.we badly need somebody to play off higdon as yet again he was far to isolated weve got some good attacking players in the squad but were not using them in a way thats getting the best out of them.id like to see us go 4-4-2 and try something different cause the lack of chances being created of late is a concern

£15 for a 4 year old? That's ridiculous. Sadly you are not alone, alanr. A friend of mine got hit for £15 for his Son and despite a wee bit of complaining by us the blame was placed at Motherwell's doorstep for advertising the £7 prices. Were these the 'early bird' juvenile prices? Even if they are a jump of over 50% is a right sore one.