Jennings- 2 Matches

Neil

Still waiting for the clubs official response but the SFA have offered him a 2 match ban, same as Goodwin.

Now, ok, he did react to a potential leg breaking challenge by lashing out at a player but he was booked for that, so what else did he do to deserve that ban? Ok he used his hands to turn Goodwin to remonstrate and for his trouble got a punch to the gut. Are they seriously saying those two things are one and the same?

Paranoid maybe but can't help feel that the SFA are trying to get at Jennings anyway they can as he has avoided there bans over the betting.

I can only assume the club will rightfully appeal this.

I think it's "fast track", so any appeal would be on Thursday or Friday in time for the hearts game.

After appeal i could see Jennoes getting reduced to one match... that prob the best we could hope for, next question do you have to pay for the appeal process?

I would presume so, and possibly run the risk of an increased penalty for a frivolous appeal?? Butcher was talking about £1000 for johnny Hayes (?) appeal, although that was to appeal a red in a game.

I had genuinely never considered the fact that jenno could get a ban for this incident!

Absolutely shocking.

2 matches for a dive, which is a booking if you're caught.

2 matches for violent conduct which is a red card and 2 match ban if caught at the time.

Jenno gets 2 matches for ?????

You could argue Goodwin has got off lightly!!

How many times have the SFA asked us not to play jenno? :lol:

all of this would not have happened if the referee had acted on the two footed tackle on jennings. Hows about the referee is banned for two games for incompentence.

Exactly. I love how there's zero mention of the two footed lunge that sparked the entire incident.

This is a ridiculous decision by the SFA.

Firstly, it wasn't a 2 footed lunge on Jennings that some are saying, however, it was a very aggressive sliding challenge which in today's world is a yellow card offence at least. Jennings turned Goodwin's face after he had been barged in the back by Goodwin, which resulted in Goodwin punching him in the stomach. Can't help feel that if Jennings had been like the rest of the fairies in football these days and fell to the ground, rolling about (rather than being honest), Goodwin would have seen a straight red in the match and nothing would have happened to Jenno.

Motherwell must appeal this and show the elbow by Hooper in our match at Parkhead as further evidence as to why he shouldn't be banned.

Exactly. I love how there's zero mention of the two footed lunge that sparked the entire incident.

Indeed!

To the point that Chic Young, would have happily re-written history on Sportsound earlier this evening had he been left unchecked.

Completely ignoring that said challenge he tried to imply that it was in fact Jennings who had sparked the altercation, he should have been given a straight red, his "beloved" Saints would faced 10 men for the next 80 minutes and poor Jim Goodwin wouldn't have needed to get involved. Incredible!

When the debate about the topic between him, Billy Dodds and Richard Gordon began at the start of the programme, Gordon had requested comment and feedback and fortunately enough happened to read out my text almost immediately after Young had spouted the above nonsense. So there was at least some balance offered and it was pointed out that had Calum Murray not let the original challenge on Jennings go unpunished then things would likely have gone differently to how they ended up.

Better still, well in terms of Young making himself look stupid at least, having earlier claimed that St Mirren were reluctantly accepting the punishment, they read out a statement which fully endorsed the SFA's ban for Goodwin and apologised for his conduct. Dodds even asked him, without a hint of irony, had he personally inserted the word reluctantly.

It is bad enough that the SFA have raised a complaint about Jennings in the first place without a fool like Chic Young, muddying the waters with his own agenda and putting his own slant on things.

• Like 2