Motherwell Vs Dunfermline Matchday Thread

David

No they don't!

It's very much looking like it'll be rotten conditions for football this evening. Why wouldn't people question the logic behind dragging themselves out of the house on a winters night for what looks set to be a game played in crap conditions - we've already seen how much an effect it can have on the fare on the pitch this season.

Then consider other commitments around this time of year and many will consider just giving it a miss.

This is Scotland, mate. Most of our games are played in crap conditions.

Like I said, if anyone had the money set aside to go and see their club play and instead choose to sit in the pub and watch the Old Firm game because of the weather they ought to sort themselves out.

If you're financially able and have the time you go and support your team regardless of who else is playing on the telly at the same time.

After years of rightfully getting pelters for having a shite pitch which caused games to be called off, we eventually get that completely sorted - and now we're getting games abandoned for fires in the South Stand and matches postponed for bits of the stadium being blown away. :lol:

This wind is due to die down before the game you all say? Hope so or it will be another turgid 0-0 or a 90 yard wind assisted rocket clearance will win it 1-0.

#CraiganOG :whistling:

Nah, Jennings will be available for Ibrox. The suspension is for the next two competitive fixtures agreed to be Hearts and Dunfermline. Rangers is the third game since the ban.

Because you don't get winds in the summer?

Winds not as strong as they have been here in last 6 weeks - all round entertainment would be higher in better conditions - example Utd game and half Hibs game!

By continuing with the nonsence that is the current SPL Scottish football is on its way out. Because the SPL play during winter we force our kids to train and play during the winter and as a result we are never going to improve.

What would most fans rather have - wearing 6 layers and sitting in freezing cold or gale force conditions to watch 22 guys chase a ball about as it spends 75% of the time in the air or sitting / standing in short sleeves being entertained by proper football on a nice lush surface?

No brainer for me!

Winds not as strong as they have been here in last 6 weeks - all round entertainment would be higher in better conditions - example Utd game and half Hibs game!

By continuing with the nonsence that is the current SPL Scottish football is on its way out. Because the SPL play during winter we force our kids to train and play during the winter and as a result we are never going to improve.

What would most fans rather have - wearing 6 layers and sitting in freezing cold or gale force conditions to watch 22 guys chase a ball about as it spends 75% of the time in the air or sitting / standing in short sleeves being entertained by proper football on a nice lush surface?

No brainer for me!

You're aware that a summer football season would be coming to a conclusion more or less...now?

Last season, our season ran from July - May i.e. about 11 months. The only summer month we didn't play was June.

Even with a 10 month season, we would have to play from say, March - December (or Feb - November). Which would mean a pre-season during the winter months.

Last season, our season ran from July - May i.e. about 11 months. The only summer month we didn't play was June.

Even with a 10 month season, we would have to play from say, March - December (or Feb - November). Which would mean a pre-season during the winter months.

Not neccessarily. Could quite easily play a few more midweek games and run the season from Mar-Oct.

Our weather is by no means the best and playing in spring/summer does not guarantee that we'll be playing in perfect conditions week in week out but there is absolutely no logic in scheduling fixtures when our weather is at it's worst. Don't think that it's a coincidence that within minutes of the game being postponed our Director and both Hammell and Lasley all posted on twitter about the need for summer fitba.

As the previous poster said - it's a no brainer.

Was going to mention 3-0 win in 1991 but beat me to it. Remember we only got back from Katowice that morning.

On the subject of tonights crowd, why are they allowing the OF match to be televised at the same time?

dont suppose you have a spare program for that game or know someone that has as i was mascot that day and i have been looking for this program for years

but then, that would lay down grounds for clubs to expand their horizons. During winter months, they could travel off to training complexes in Spain, italy etc..

Say, in January, we travelled to spain for two weeks training. That would leave the players both rested and fit for the new season. It would also be a way to advertise the club considering the fact that in the summer months, tourism in scotland trebles and if people who have seen the club play in spain are over for the festivals, they could perhaps want a taste of Scottish football at the business end on the season. Hence, more income for the club, better revenue means a better standard of football. Along with the better conditions and a more enticing appeal for player to join the league, I'd say that summer football is a definite go ahead.

All hypothetical of course and based upon an idealistic (non realistic?) scenario. it would also take a few seasons of work to get it done.!

Also would the change mean an entire year out of football? or would the start of the season gradually get later and later?