Motherwell Vs Dunfermline Matchday Thread

David

I think either way the home support needs to be patient on Tuesday. If it is 0-0 with 10 or so minutes to go we really need to get behind the players. I just think, and I hope I'm wrong, that if we go behind or lose a lead the atmosphere will turn very negative.

We need a positive start on Tuesday, as we all know what happens from the stands when we toil early. The full support must get behind individual players and the team. The manager needs to be a bit more adventurous in attacking from the start, and getting in front is becoming crucial at home. If the boys can continue from yesterdays 2nd half we can win this and move back up the league.

'Mon the 'Well.

Don't forget a draw will put us clear in third and level on games with St Johnstone and still one less game played than Hearts. A win is very important especially as we should be looking to beat the team that will hopefully finish in 11th place but I'm not of the opinion that one point would be disastrous.

I'd rather win next Saturday but obviously maximum points from the next two games would be tremendous.

Hope I'm wrong but I don't think this is going to be a walk over.

Dunfermline are coming off a great result at Kilmarnock, have brought in some good signings during the window and confidence will be up coming into this match - in fact if Dunfermline could get 3 points it would lift them off the bottom of the table - surely a major motivation for them. They also have a decent away record this season, if the league table showed only away points, Dunfermline would be Top 6, 5th in fact.

However this is one we must win. It's a chance to arrest our recent poor form and wipe the slate clean regarding our terrible home form. Since we probably won't finish near the European spots with our current home form this match could literally make or break our season.

At the very best, 0-0.

At worst, 1-0 to Dunfermline.

Neither result would surprise me in the slightest, we will not win on Tuesday and I think we'll even struggle to score against a side who will be on a high after their win at Kilmarnock and who will fancy their chances to beat us. We on the other hand couldn't buy a win just now and we are playing extremely poorly so I fancy Dunfermline to take at least a point from this one. :wallbash:

At the very best, 0-0.

At worst, 1-0 to Dunfermline.

Neither result would surprise me in the slightest, we will not win on Tuesday and I think we'll even struggle to score against a side who will be on a high after their win at Kilmarnock and who will fancy their chances to beat us. We on the other hand couldn't buy a win just now and we are playing extremely poorly so I fancy Dunfermline to take at least a point from this one. :wallbash:

Jesus Christ it's always the same. Davybhoyssmiley.gif

• Like 1

In one sense Dunfermline's eye-raising win on Saturday is no bad thing as there will be no danger of the team going to into the game with a complacent attitude thinking it'll be a doddle.

As much as Dunfermline have an incentive so to do we, to regain 3rd spot and start to get a little bit of consistency and momentum back after an awkward few weeks.

The inclusion of Ojamaa is a poser for McCall. One the one hand he has appeared an industrious type who describes himself as more of a creator than finisher. Could this partnership be what we've been needing to allow Higdon to concentrate more on he does best and take this target man onus off him? Looking solely at the league table a home game against the team at the foot of table might in the face of it, offer an ideal opportunity of assessing that potential partnership further.

Set against that is the fact he has been shown to have an effect as an impact sub, which is always a useful asset and there is seemingly a question of how much off full fitness he is.

Personally I'd be willing to give him a try from the start to see what he can do and he might yet be under Dunfermline's radar in terms of what he can bring to the team.

As for the game, I think the team will be well aware of the opportunity that is there for them on Tuesday and that getting that point at Tannadice will have been something of a watershed for them in terms of sticky results.

'Well to win by a couple.

Ok, Tuesday Dunfirmline game, this is based on McCall having the nads to drop LAW and DALEY, bring in OJ for Law, Humphrey for Daley, If we cant set up with 4/4/2 against Dunfirmline at home we might aswell give in now. The Problem will be if McCall actually thinks that Dunfirmline could beat us, if his thoughts stray that way he will play the usual formation terrified of losing... if he thinks postively we could actually have a real go at them, what OJ can offer is the direct pace through the middle, Currently we are good at looking good if you know what i mean, by lots of pretty passing through the middle, along the back, but thats great when we are three up, but too slow when we are at home, OJ actually attacks the last line of defence, if thats the case on Tuesday, they cant afford to double up on Humphrey and Murphy, as this will leave them short through the middle, this formation can work, With Humphrey playing regardless of his form of late, he will force the Dunfirmline back line to man mark him, possibily double up on him, thats great news and exactly what we want on Tuesday night. My Fear is that Humphrey will stay on the bench (as its January Transfer window) and he will come on to replace OJ in and around the 70th minute, that might be too late, as proved with ICT, too many men behind the ball, interesting thoughts for Tuesday night, McCall has some big decisions to make, If Daley starts Tuesday night, McCall is pregnant with his OMAR DALEYS child!:evilgrin:

• Like 1

Randolph

Hately Page Hutchinson Hammell

Lasley Jennings Law

Forbes

Ojamma Murphy

Pass the ball forward, press Dunfermlines back four, have a few attacks and attempts at goal and try to entertain the fans.

I know I'm dreaming and that will never happen. Same starting 11, one up front, punt the ball up the park and one nil Dunfermline. Ojamma will get a ten minute run out once we go behind and McHugh might get 2 minutes if he is lucky. One nil Pars Craigen OG!!!