rab_mackinnon

Support the team  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should support the team or individuals

• Support the team
    • Support Individuals
    • Support only those who play well
    • Boo underperformers when they leave the park

Wasn't at the game yesterday as my wife had just got out of hospital, but was listening to open all mics and read the articles in the paper today?

Really dissapointed to have to hear Stephen Hughes jumping to the defence of Mark Fitzpatrick.

Fizzy get's berrated every week by the support, and always trys his hardest.

It wasn't his fault he never fitted into the team yesterday as the team selection raised an eyebrow from the start.

We're too quick to forget the impact a player like fizzy has had at fir park ie a wee goal against hearts a few years back?

We done the exact same thing to shawn Mcskimming and then i remember a wee headed goal at ibrox from 18 yards out to lob the keeper making us all go nuts!!!!

Lets SUPPORT our team we are the motherwell SUPPORT not the Boo Boys.

Can you not see that doing things like this alienate the players and fans.

After such positive comments from porter about enjoying a good rapport with the fans, do we only support our favourites and top goalscorers???

I just think we need to take a good look at ourselves we can't start booing players when they leave the park.

This is the kind of thing that would be running through my head when faced with the option of resigning or going sumwhere new.

Just a thought!!

I've added a poll to get your opinions

Mon the well!!!

It says it all that it's Stephen Hughes, who was the worst player in claret & amber yesterday, who's defending someone else.

Big Maros had one or two shocking touches yesterday that were ignored by the East Stand, if Fizzy had done the same he'd have been crucified.

The double standards from the East Stand are laughable and it's blatantly clear on regular occasions that the folk who get on Fizzy's back actually have no real idea about how football is played outwith their Xbox.

As far as I'm concerned Marc Fitzpatrick gets a very very raw deal from the supporters of our club. Every game I have seen he has worked hard and done the unfashionable things as well. As Jay says, how ironic is it that Stephen Hughes is the one coming out in support of him. This guy is getting paid a fortune every week and is not delivering on the park. Certainly at our club the fans have their favourites and pick on some of the other guys, which is out of order in my opinion.

It says it all that it's Stephen Hughes, who was the worst player in claret & amber yesterday, who's defending someone else.

That was a point I had yesterday when I had a go at someone who sits near me in the east, he constantly had a go at fitzy, who to be fair didn't play well but wasn't our worst player but the boo boys just wanted someone to focus on.

I couldn't contain it when he came away with the comment that he wasn't allowed to boo him when he misplaced a pass, cos he was getting it tight from everyone around, so I snapped and just said why was it fitzy was the only one when the rest were just as shocking! (for the first hour anyway and not in those words!)

Just can't believe that as soon as we go one down the fans just turn on the players, we have to get behind the team from beginning to end.

Sadly, our fans actually have a reputation amongst professional players for getting on the team's back. Several of our first-team players were warned about it before they joined the club.

That, to me, is a very unfortunate tag to have. That said however, and the players know this too, the majority of our supporters are a loyal, supporting bunch who follow the team with passion and pride. However, sometimes, as mentioned on this thread, things get a little out of hand.

Ironically, Fizzy may actually be (certainly on the face of things) the least bothered about it at the club. As Jay says, rightly in my opinion, I think people who understand the game and understand what Mark McGhee and Scott Leitch are asking him to do will appreciate him. Certainly, as Shuggy has said, the players do.

Yesterday, just about everyone struggled because the pitch was horrendous. St Mirren suffered less because their team-selection and tactics showed they had absolutely no interest in playing the ball on the ground and given the circumstances, that wasn't a bad call to make from Gus McPherson and Andy Millen.

Also worth noting that this sorta stuff always comes after a 'big game' i.e. a Cup game that our fans 'expect' us to win.

On a nice new green surface, I actually fancy us in the replay!

She wore...

She wore...

:P

Yesterday everyone struggled because the starting line up was totally wrong. The pitch of course didn't help, but we need to help ourselves first.

Whilst we do have some fickle fans, I think it's unfair to tag the whole support as such. Every team has them.

Maybe the management should warn players when they come to Motherwell that the fans will recognise and appreciate endeavour, but if you're constantly not delivering or appearing to not bother your arse, then they'll let you know. I think that's fair enough. Fitzy possibbly be guilty of the former, but certainly not the latter.

Klimpl might have taken a few bad touches yesterday, but overall, and certainly since he's been playing in midfield, has contibuted impressively to the cause. People will therefore be more willing to forgive occasional mistakes.

Whilst Fitzy has my support and I wish him all the best, I don't think he's good enough. Other fans feel the same, but convey this is a differnt way. That's down to the individual, and not a "Motherwell" thing.

After 20 mins played yesterday heard an out cry by one supporter that McGhee must go. That sumed it up for me! One 45 mins of a game and the minority of fans start critising the team and manager. Really is pathetic! Didn't hear them as much in the second half? Fitzy does a job for you that isn't recognised alot of the time. The Dundee utd game was an example never knew he was in the game before he scored and after he scored. He gives a workmanship like performance to the team which other players dont give but because they've got a bit of flare or creativity then there recognised more within the game and towards the fans.

I hate some of the slatings Fitzpatrick gets.

IMO without him in the team, Klimpl couldn't do his job and neither could O'Brien. As much as Klimpl plays the holding role, its Fitzy who sweeps up everything in the midfield.

Not skillfull in the slightest, but then again, he doesn't make as many 'silly' mistakes as the likes of Clarkson and Hughes.

It's not impossible to say as the facts show that he scored the equaliser. To say anything else would be pure speculation.

So you're saying that if Hughes hadn't played yesterday, the game would have panned out the exact same way (apart from our equaliser)?

So you're saying that if Hughes hadn't played yesterday, the game would have panned out the exact same way (apart from our equaliser)?

No as that would be pure speculation. You can only deal in facts and the fact is Hughes scored the goal that earned us a replay. No one can predict what would or would not have happened if Hughes or any other player were playing. If you or I could do that we would be very rich men. Unless you have a special power yet unknown to science?

No as that would be pure speculation. You can only deal in facts and the fact is Hughes scored the goal that earned us a replay. No one can predict what would or would not have happened if Hughes or any other player were playing. If you or I could do that we would be very rich men. Unless you have a special power yet unknown to science?

Eh? I'm not making any statements about yesterday other than that it's impossible to say what might, or might not, have happened without Stephen Hughes on the park.

You appear to be the one with the special power, as you are the only one who has passed something off as fact:

Ironic that without him there would be no replay.

All I've actually done is just pointed out that that is simply not true. That is pure speculation - it is not the fact you have attempted to present it as.

But that is a fact! The game ended 1-1 and Hughes scored the equaliser.

No, that is not a fact.

The facts are that the game ended 1-1 and Hughes scored the equaliser but it's not a fact that without Stephen Hughes we wouldn't have earned a replay as, as I've already said, if Hughes hadn't been playing the entire game would have been completely different.

It's all a matter of how you look at it I suppose.

While Jay and underboyleheating get their knickers in a twist...

Spoke to Marc recently at length on the subject, "water off a ducks back" was his reply. All about focus and perversely tries to use this to his advantage. A lot for young shoulders?

For me, we are a better team with him there than when he is not. Didn't surprise me that Stephen Hughes defended him, the shift Fitzy does allows Hughes to press albeit not with the same effect as last season. That'll come, evidence of that at United, Hibs and post formation change yesterday. I also believe Hughes to be playing through injury for most part of this season, but, them's the breaks.

I think the problem is that the majority of fans at Fir Park sit in silence for 90 minutes, leaving gaping holes of silence for the numpties to fill with their shite. According to the poll about 94% (rough and shit maths) of folk support the team while only 6% boo underperformers. If we took those numbers to the stadium every week then you would never hear the boo boys in the first place.

Funny how the boo boys seem to disappear into thin air when thing's like this get brought up. Much like the thread on how shit our supporters are, almost every response is from the perfect fan. :wallbash:

It's all a matter of how you look at it I suppose.

Exactly. :wallbash:

How the game would have panned out without Hughes in the team would be mearly speculation as the dictionary says...

Fact (Stephen Hughes goal and it's effect on the final result)

Definition: 1. Something known to be true: something that can be shown to be true, to exist, or to have happened

Speculation (What might have happened if Hughes hadn't been playing)

Definition:1. Opinion based on incomplete information: a conclusion, theory, or opinion based on incomplete facts or information

Mon the Well!