Rangers Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

I could accept it if they were actually good, but they're shite and we're just bending over.

DITTO.

It is quite frankly embarrassing. If Rangers swapped players with Albion Rovers (at Ibrox) for a day we would still lose heavily to this mob :wallbash:

A 2-0 defeat would almost be a moral victory....

Whilst there is no shame in losing at Tynecastle and Ibrox - we need to get the show back on the road asap or we will soon be overtaken by the teams sitting just below us including a resurgent Hearts :cry:

Whilst there is no shame in losing at Tynecastle and Ibrox - we need to get the show back on the road asap or we will soon be overtaken by the teams sitting just below us including a resurgent Hearts :cry:

If our home form doesn't improve we'll be lucky to finish 5th this season.

It's no longer acceptable, Our away form has been the only positive of late and that's back to back away defeats against a " poor " Hearts side and a "poor" Rangers side.

Last decent performance was St Johnstone away, we've been papering over the cracks for some time now. The reality is that we do not have the abiltiy to bring in players to change this and if we're honest with ourselves top 6 and a decent cup run is a decent season for us.

I'm not calling for anyone's head or any of that knee jerk pish,. however it's time for some straight talking from the club and the gaffer.

We have to adjust our expectations level.

The rest of this month will define our season Queens Park (cup) and then ICT home , Arabs away Dunfermline then St Johnstone Home.

We need to be looking at minimum 10/12 points and progression in the cup.

• Like 1

when we got the ball they closed us down, they got the ball, we backed off. Says it all.

They might have more resources at their disposal, but technically they aint any better. It seems we have forgotten how to play the ball on the deck, how to press the opposition and give a feck basically!

It's no longer acceptable, Our away form has been the only positive of late and that's back to back away defeats against a " poor " Hearts side and a "poor" Rangers side.

Last decent performance was St Johnstone away, we've been papering over the cracks for some time now. The reality is that we do not have the abiltiy to bring in players to change this and if we're honest with ourselves top 6 and a decent cup run is a decent season for us.

I'm not calling for anyone's head or any of that knee jerk pish,. however it's time for some straight talking from the club and the gaffer.

We have to adjust our expectations level.

The rest of this month will define our season Queens Park (cup) and then ICT home , Arabs away Dunfermline then St Johnstone Home.

We need to be looking at minimum 10/12 points and progression in the cup.

100% Correct.

I can't believe that anyone thought we would go through this season without some dips in results.

We have a tiny squad with no depth and that because we have no money.

Of course we are going to lose games and as the season goes on we will lose more as our squad will start to pick up more injuries.

3rd after half way and have a nice cushion of a couple of games in hand. I would have but your hand off for that in August.

Anyone saying its not acceptable needs a good shake.

• Like 1

Do you think that performance was acceptable and that we have all to become happy clappers like yourself?

If you knew me you would know Im anything but a happy clapper. I am however a realist. 3rd place after two full rounds of fixtures is great for Motherwell.

Would I have liked us to have went for the throat against Rangers today? Dam right, but given that it would probably have meant another 5+ goal pumping like we usually take from them, then I suppose McCall has every right to try a different tactic.

Can you imagine the outrage on here had we got turned over 6-0 again??

Disappointing but did anyone really expect anything more from today?

"Expect" may be too strong a word, but I'd hoped for at least a bit of fight. I never expect us to take anything away from Ibrox, but I don't expect us to roll over like we always seem to do either.

• Like 1

Its the end of the world, we have now played everyone twice and we are only 3rd in the league! Get a grip Motherwell, come on tae fuck!

Of course we are third and that's great, but the trend in recent games has been very much downwards, and that needs to be addressed if we're not to have a mediocre second half of the season.

Of course we are third and that's great, but the trend in recent games has been very much downwards, and that needs to be addressed if we're not to have a mediocre second half of the season.

I do agree with that to be honest, but i don't think we can take too much out of a game away at Ibrox.

The league table does not look too bad after 20 games. The 3 away defeats coming at Tynecastle, Ibrox and Parkhead. My concern is we always seem to have a poor return over the winter time, at least in recent seasons.

We still have 2 home games in hand against the 2 worst teams in the league. Hopefully 2 points :P if our home form continues.

Hopefully we can look to get a good win next Saturday and start picking up maximum points from the home games in Jan.

We missed Jennings more than they missed Jelavic.

Hopefully the boy Pyjama will turn out to be a find.